Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

The original antifa heading into battle against the Proud Boys of the Third Reich
    So straight white men who believed in 2 genders?

There is most likely at least one gay bloke in that photograph. And every single one of them were fighting for a society that at the time at least paid lip service to pluralism and equality for every American. The other side, not so much.

And you believe the Antifa of today is what again?
    They're a few hundred idiots dotted around the country. Hard to believe that a huge chunk of the country can be made to wet the bed over something so insignificant but there you have it.

Here's a bunch of geniuses waiting for busloads of antifa to come to their town in the middle of fucking nowhere because somebody on facebook said they were coming.
    Oh a random picture, guess I'll take your word for it

El Kabong Guest

That's not how investigations work. Investigators collect evidence, present it to a grand jury and get indictments. The first time the public gets to hear any evidence other than the charges it's at the trial.

If you read a newspaper you'd know that Trump just lost his battle to keep his tax returns, bank and business records away from investigators. They'll get them any day now. Clearly there's a lot of investigating to do before even the investigators know whether they have anything, let alone the public.

And you know very well what you Qanon idiots think is going to happen on March 4th.

Also, too, how about this Lyle?

At least 160 Confederate symbols taken down in 2020

When riiters tore through the U.S. Capitol last month, some of them gripping Confederate battle flags, they didn’t encounter a statue of the most famous rebel general, Robert E. Lee. The Lee statue, which represented the state of Virginia as part of the National Statuary Hall Collection in the Capitol for 111 years, had been removed just weeks before — one of at least 160 public Confederate symbols taken down or moved from public spaces in 2020, according to a new count the Southern Poverty Law Center shared with The Associated Press ahead of releasing it.

https://apnews.com/article/at-least-...2b17f708e6a4b0

White supremacy is gradually being cancelled across America.
    I've never heard or read anything about March 4th, so I'll take your word for it.

Keep hoping that they'll FINALLY nail Trump, it's adorable. If they had anything on him everyone would have known it by now because they've been digging on Trump since forever.

Fine tear down the history of this nation see what happens from it. Those who don't learn from history etc etc.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I abhor racism, I have some misgivings about the toppling of statues and destroying carved mountain sides (Stone Mountain, Georgia for example).

Questions to consider:

Does the toppling of a Confederate statue change the racist minds and attitudes of those (particularly in power) who continue to perpetuate and pass on their ignorance to their offspring?

Where is that line that divides which statue gets toppled and which doesn't? Seriously. People on both sides of the issue seem to dance around this one. Not easy, is it.

Why the continued misdirected focus on things that in end will solve nothing, while the important issues staring us in the face go unhandled?

I sympathize 100% with the banning of the Confederate flag. The "history" excuse doesn't fly here (pardon the pun). It's offensive... it's a symbol of racism from the past... and frankly there's no need for it, other than to purposely inflame racial tensions.

Likewise I got no issues with the renaming of buildings, like the Carr Building in Duke University. University officials acknowledge that Julian Carr was instrumental in the sustaining and development of the university in its early years. But Julian Carr was also an avowed white supremacist, member of the KKK, early pro-slavery advocate, and celebrated lynchings. So no. No problem with getting Carr's name off a building.

The persistently confounding aspect of the human race is how it can be so incredibly ingenious in fields like science and technology..... and so incredibly idiotic in matters of social interaction.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The original antifa heading into battle against the Proud Boys of the Third Reich
    So straight white men who believed in 2 genders?

There is most likely at least one gay bloke in that photograph. And every single one of them were fighting for a society that at the time at least paid lip service to pluralism and equality for every American. The other side, not so much.

And you believe the Antifa of today is what again?
    They're a few hundred idiots dotted around the country. Hard to believe that a huge chunk of the country can be made to wet the bed over something so insignificant but there you have it.

Here's a bunch of geniuses waiting for busloads of antifa to come to their town in the middle of fucking nowhere because somebody on facebook said they were coming.
    Oh a random picture, guess I'll take your word for it

Here you go:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...howed-n1226681

The country is chock full of heavily armed morons.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's not how investigations work. Investigators collect evidence, present it to a grand jury and get indictments. The first time the public gets to hear any evidence other than the charges it's at the trial.

If you read a newspaper you'd know that Trump just lost his battle to keep his tax returns, bank and business records away from investigators. They'll get them any day now. Clearly there's a lot of investigating to do before even the investigators know whether they have anything, let alone the public.

And you know very well what you Qanon idiots think is going to happen on March 4th.

Also, too, how about this Lyle?

At least 160 Confederate symbols taken down in 2020

When riiters tore through the U.S. Capitol last month, some of them gripping Confederate battle flags, they didn’t encounter a statue of the most famous rebel general, Robert E. Lee. The Lee statue, which represented the state of Virginia as part of the National Statuary Hall Collection in the Capitol for 111 years, had been removed just weeks before — one of at least 160 public Confederate symbols taken down or moved from public spaces in 2020, according to a new count the Southern Poverty Law Center shared with The Associated Press ahead of releasing it.

https://apnews.com/article/at-least-...2b17f708e6a4b0

White supremacy is gradually being cancelled across America.
    I've never heard or read anything about March 4th, so I'll take your word for it.

Keep hoping that they'll FINALLY nail Trump, it's adorable. If they had anything on him everyone would have known it by now because they've been digging on Trump since forever.

Fine tear down the history of this nation see what happens from it. Those who don't learn from history etc etc.

What part of what I wrote don't you understand? The claim about history would have some relevance if there weren't endless museums full of this shit and if Americans actually had the first fucking idea about their history in the first place. A lot of the ststues coming down weren't even erected until the civil rights era anyway. They were erected in prominent places by white authorities desperate to remind Black people of their place in society and they should rightly all come down.

El Kabong Guest

What part of what I wrote don't you understand? The claim about history would have some relevance if there weren't endless museums full of this shit and if Americans actually had the first fucking idea about their history in the first place. A lot of the ststues coming down weren't even erected until the civil rights era anyway. They were erected in prominent places by white authorities desperate to remind Black people of their place in society and they should rightly all come down.
    And when was "The Civil Rights Era"?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Upside down smilie.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Texas Electric Bills Were $28 Billion Higher Under Deregulation

Texas’s deregulated electricity market, which was supposed to provide reliable power at a lower price, left millions in the dark last week. For two decades, its customers have paid more for electricity than state residents who are served by traditional utilities, a Wall Street Journal analysis has found.
    Nearly 20 years ago, Texas shifted from using full-service regulated utilities to generate power and deliver it to consumers. The state deregulated power generation, creating the system that failed last week. And it required nearly 60% of consumers to buy their electricity from one of many retail power companies, rather than a local utility.
    Those deregulated Texas residential consumers paid $28 billion more for their power since 2004 than they would have paid at the rates charged to the customers of the state’s traditional utilities, according to the Journal’s analysis of data from the federal Energy Information Administration.
    The crisis last week was driven by the power producers. Now that power has largely been restored, attention has turned to retail electric companies, a few of which are hitting consumers with steep bills. Power prices surged to the market price cap of $9,000 a megawatt hour for several days during the crisis, a feature of the state’s system designed to incentivize power plants to supply more juice. Some consumers who chose variable rate power plans from retail power companies are seeing the big bills.
    None of this was supposed to happen under deregulation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-e...d=hp_lead_pos5

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump's tax returns and related records turned over to Manhattan district attorney

Tax records that former President Donald Trump tried to keep secret for years are now in the hands of the New York district attorney.Prosecutors obtained the records on Monday, just hours after the US Supreme Court denied Trump's last-ditch effort to keep the records private, a spokesperson for the district attorney said.
    The millions of pages of documents, sources say, contain Trump's tax returns spanning from January 2011 to August 2019, as well as financial statements, engagement agreements, documents relating to the preparation and review of tax returns, and work papers and communications related to the tax returns.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/25/p...nce/index.html

El Kabong Guest

Upside down smilie.
    It's not like I asked because I didn't know, I asked for a reason. It was 100 years after the Civil War ergo the monuments.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Texas Electric Bills Were $28 Billion Higher Under Deregulation

Texas’s deregulated electricity market, which was supposed to provide reliable power at a lower price, left millions in the dark last week. For two decades, its customers have paid more for electricity than state residents who are served by traditional utilities, a Wall Street Journal analysis has found.
    Nearly 20 years ago, Texas shifted from using full-service regulated utilities to generate power and deliver it to consumers. The state deregulated power generation, creating the system that failed last week. And it required nearly 60% of consumers to buy their electricity from one of many retail power companies, rather than a local utility.
    Those deregulated Texas residential consumers paid $28 billion more for their power since 2004 than they would have paid at the rates charged to the customers of the state’s traditional utilities, according to the Journal’s analysis of data from the federal Energy Information Administration.
    The crisis last week was driven by the power producers. Now that power has largely been restored, attention has turned to retail electric companies, a few of which are hitting consumers with steep bills. Power prices surged to the market price cap of $9,000 a megawatt hour for several days during the crisis, a feature of the state’s system designed to incentivize power plants to supply more juice. Some consumers who chose variable rate power plans from retail power companies are seeing the big bills.
    None of this was supposed to happen under deregulation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-e...d=hp_lead_pos5
    Texas def screwed up, I went thru it personally this month. I am not for wild, unregulated, business deals that hurt others.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Upside down smilie.
    It's not like I asked because I didn't know, I asked for a reason. It was 100 years after the Civil War ergo the monuments.

It was nothing to do with any anniversary date. It was about showing Black people their proper place by a bunch of white folks terrified that they might be about to gain equal rights, part of an ongoing campaign to do this that went on right through the Jim Crow era.

“Eventually they started to build [Confederate] monuments,” he says. “The vast majority of them were built between the 1890s and 1950s, which matches up exactly with the era of Jim Crow segregation.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s research, the biggest spike was between 1900 and the 1920s.

“All of those monuments were there to teach values to people,” Elliott says. “That’s why they put them in the city squares. That’s why they put them in front of state buildings.” Many earlier memorials had instead been placed in cemeteries.

https://www.history.com/news/how-the...rate-monuments

El Kabong Guest

Upside down smilie.

It was nothing to do with any anniversary date. It was about showing Black people their proper place by a bunch of white folks terrified that they might be about to gain equal rights, part of an ongoing campaign to do this that went on right through the Jim Crow era.

“Eventually they started to build [Confederate] monuments,” he says. “The vast majority of them were built between the 1890s and 1950s, which matches up exactly with the era of Jim Crow segregation.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s research, the biggest spike was between 1900 and the 1920s.

“All of those monuments were there to teach values to people,” Elliott says. “That’s why they put them in the city squares. That’s why they put them in front of state buildings.” Many earlier memorials had instead been placed in cemeteries.

Dennilson Is that you

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Upside down smilie.

Dennilson Is that you

You should take your own advice and learn about history. It would be good if you knew something about one of the subjects you keep pontificating about.

Ooooooh, how about this? Weisselberg was looking after the Trump Organisation books when Trump's dad was still running it and knows where all the bodies are buried. Now he can be subpoenaed and offered a deal to cooperate with the investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/01/n...?smid=tw-share

The investigators in Georgia are presenting evidence to a grand jury this week too in one of the other investigations into the disgraced former president.

El Kabong Guest

You should take your own advice and learn about history. It would be good if you knew something about one of the subjects you keep pontificating about.

Ooooooh, how about this? Weisselberg was looking after the Trump Organisation books when Trump's dad was still running it and knows where all the bodies are buried. Now he can be subpoenaed and offered a deal to cooperate with the investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/01/n...?smid=tw-share

The investigators in Georgia are presenting evidence to a grand jury this week too in one of the other investigations into the disgraced former president.
    Why should I learn anything when I can just ask you?

I'm sure THIS TIME Donald Trump's goose is well and completely cooked.....there's no escape THIS TIME

Thread Information