Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Also where are the other protests?

For every 10,000 violent black criminals arrested 3 black men are killed.
    For every 10,000 violent white criminals arrested 4 white men are killed.

How exactly is it all about black oppression when speaking in terms of general facts?

How is it Trump's fault? Surely the protestors are a bit illogical.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

How exactly is it all about black oppression when speaking in terms of general facts?

I read an article speaking on this. The amount of police shootings in the US is equal to that in other western countries. This was a comment I read but did not verify. The point was the author, who was black, says the current response with these riots etc is not proportional to the everyday experience of blacks in the US.
    He also brought up police brutality has been steadily decreasing since the 1970’s. Like I said I didn’t fact check what the dude wrote and I’m not saying problems don’t exist.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I read an article speaking on this. The amount of police shootings in the US is equal to that in other western countries. This was a comment I read but did not verify. The point was the author, who was black, says the current response with these riots etc is not proportional to the everyday experience of blacks in the US.
    He also brought up police brutality has been steadily decreasing since the 1970’s. Like I said I didn’t fact check what the dude wrote and I’m not saying problems don’t exist.
    My view is that it is an election year and they are unleashing all they can. Be it China with Corona or Soros with Antifa. It is dangerous and I hope the sensible American people stay sane and get their man in and deal with the emotional infants in due course.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. No, you're not, are you.

You're just innocently dropping any shred of "data" on the forum that oops..... just might happen to lessen the importance of the killing of George Floyd by a white police officer.

You, Miles, and TIC.... albeit from different angles and different perspectives.... have been downplaying the murder from the beginning, and grasping onto every straw imaginable to avoid having to face the real issue.

But no..... you're "not saying problems don't exist."

We're all been around long enough to know each other a bit better than just cyber casual acquaintances. I happen to know you just like to subtly throw the rock..... then hide your hand behind your back while innocently saying "Who... me?"

Why don't we all drop all pretenses and be honest for once.

To you and Miles, concentrating on the rioting is a hell of a lot more important than to focus on what is unequivocally systemic racism in police forces across the U.S.

Why is that? An honest answer would be appreciated.

I left TIC out, because his latest posts say all there is to say about the dude, and he barely exists enough to address seriously.

El Kabong Guest

My view is that it is an election year and they are unleashing all they can. Be it China with Corona or Soros with Antifa. It is dangerous and I hope the sensible American people stay sane and get their man in and deal with the emotional infants in due course.
    I agree. I mean it doesn't make much sense at all. The mainstream/corporate media all blaming Trump, all touting Joe Biden as some agent of change....it's nonsensical! This is an extinction burst from the Democrats. We get locked down for months only to be re-opened and met with this? How fucking convenient right? What were the odds?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...p-news-videos/

"Police chief to Trump: Please, keep your mouth shut if you can't be constructive"

Art Acevedo for President - 2020

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

"Police chief to Trump: Please, keep your mouth shut if you can't be constructive"

Well it's less what Trump says vs what is REPORTED that Trump said. But hey I'm sure they accurately quote him all the time yeah? They've no history of constantly twisting his words right?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're just innocently dropping any shred of "data" on the forum that oops..... just might happen to lessen the importance of the killing of George Floyd by a white police officer.

You, Miles, and TIC.... albeit from different angles and different perspectives.... have been downplaying the murder from the beginning, and grasping onto every straw imaginable to avoid having to face the real issue.

We're all been around long enough to know each other a bit better than just cyber casual acquaintances. I happen to know you just like to subtly throw the rock..... then hide your hand behind your back while innocently saying "Who... me?"

To you and Miles, concentrating on the rioting is a hell of a lot more important than to focus on what is unequivocally systemic racism in police forces across the U.S.

I left TIC out, because his latest posts say all there is to say about the dude, and he barely exists enough to address seriously.
    Can you explain the statistics I posted above then? They would suggest the 'racism' is more against whites per 10,000 violrnt criminals. I would argue it is police brutality in general rather than racism. I am not saying there is not racism, but if you are claiming it is then please explain away the data.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you explain the statistics I posted above then? They would suggest the 'racism' is more against whites per 10,000 violrnt criminals. I would argue it is police brutality in general rather than racism. I am not saying there is not racism, but if you are claiming it is then please explain away the data.

You can post your "data"....... I'll post mine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-white-people/

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872...ack-americans/

Both articles state that black men are proportionately killed more often than white men by police.

We can do this all day.

But we won't..... and here's why.

The mere fact that you so desperately seek to paint another picture other than the blatant systemic racism in law enforcement in the U.S.......... is a telling sign that, well....... I'm trying real hard not to label you, Miles.

Is police brutality a problem in general, which affects ALL races? Damn right. That much is clear, and it must be fixed.

But accompanying that is the blatant systemic racism in the system.

Keep harping on the riots....... keep bringing up statistics to diminish the extent of the problem.

Do what you and Walrus just continue doing....... which is everything in your power to deny the existence of a racism problem in police forces across the U.S.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Well it's less what Trump says vs what is REPORTED that Trump said. But hey I'm sure they accurately quote him all the time yeah? They've no history of constantly twisting his words right?

Actually, most of the time it's Trump videoed or recorded saying the things he does. Especially lately.

The media definitely is slanted, but there's only so much you can blame the media for when Trump is there live saying the things he says.

Acevedo was responding to that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prove this was racism, Tito. Prove it. You do not know that.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this vid is a couple years old, it’s making the rounds now. Notice the dude looks a bit on edge could be the effects of his environment, poor dude, seems like an intelligent guy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can post your "data"....... I'll post mine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-white-people/

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872...ack-americans/

Both articles state that black men are proportionately killed more often than white men by police.

We can do this all day.

But we won't..... and here's why.

The mere fact that you so desperately seek to paint another picture other than the blatant systemic racism in law enforcement in the U.S.......... is a telling sign that, well....... I'm trying real hard not to label you, Miles.

Is police brutality a problem in general, which affects ALL races? Damn right. That much is clear, and it must be fixed.

But accompanying that is the blatant systemic racism in the system.

Keep harping on the riots....... keep bringing up statistics to diminish the extent of the problem.

Do what you and Walrus just continue doing....... which is everything in your power to deny the existence of a racism problem in police forces across the U.S.
    The data from one of those articles was over just a one year period. You shouldn't forget that you are dealing with a group that is a small minority but carries out more than half of all violent crime too. It is inevitable that with that kind of behavior you are going to have problems. Is that racism on the part of the police or a lack of self responsibility on the part of the black community? Probably a bit of both, right? But again, my opinion is not evidence.

If you are going to argue night and day about racism, then let's also discuss self responsibility. There are issues there and it is not one way traffic.

Thread Information