Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

If you have to resort to using terms like Marxist 'Critical Theory ICONOCLASTS' rather than call an idiot an idiot, it is no surprise you keep falling off your Penny Farthing.

Idiot.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

General Mark Milley should be congratulated for his bravery.

How anyone could support that whole debacle is just unfathomable for me. For many it seems Trump is way more important to them than America and its citizens.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I get that seeing democracy in action is incredibly uncomfortable for you but deflection will not help.
    Can someone do a wellness check on Beanz?
    Fuck that I spent my day doing that shit I am paying for my sins

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    If you have to resort to using terms like Marxist 'Critical Theory ICONOCLASTS' rather than call an idiot an idiot, it is no surprise you keep falling off your Penny Farthing.

Idiot.
    Those terms were used because they are accurate.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Penny Farthing is another one I’d like to hear used in the US

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GOP State Senator Asks If Black People Get Coronavirus From Lax Handwashing
    “Could it just be that African Americans or the colored population do not wash their hands as well as other groups?” asked Ohio state Sen. Steve Huffman.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gop-s...fDO3IywmgGW0xE

This is an elected state senator in the Congress of the United States.

This is a United States senator, elected by the good people of Ohio, and paid by the taxes of the good people of the United States.

I just thought I'd state the obvious....... in order to provide the proper backdrop to the ASTOUNDING STUPIDITY AND RACIST THOUGHT PROCESS OF SOME BRAIN-DEAD POLITICIANS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO RUN THIS COUNTRY.

Maybe African Americans don't wash their hands as well as other groups.

Wow.

Let's just have a moment of silence to reflect on the sad state of affairs when you have a United States senator who could stoop to such FUCKING RETARDED LEVELS AS TO MAKE SUCH AN ASININE COMMENT.

Cue the predictable defenses.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it me or did we just hit a time warp back to the 19th century?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    “Could it just be that African Americans or the colored population do not wash their hands as well as other groups?” asked Ohio state Sen. Steve Huffman.

This is a United States senator, elected by the good people of Ohio, and paid by the taxes of the good people of the United States.

I just thought I'd state the obvious....... in order to provide the proper backdrop to the ASTOUNDING STUPIDITY AND RACIST THOUGHT PROCESS OF SOME BRAIN-DEAD POLITICIANS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO RUN THIS COUNTRY.

Wow.

Let's just have a moment of silence to reflect on the sad state of affairs when you have a United States senator who could stoop to such FUCKING RETARDED LEVELS AS TO MAKE SUCH AN ASININE COMMENT.

B-b-b-b-but the data shows it!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Wow.

B-b-b-b-but the data shows it!
    Does it? The data suggests this is not true actually, but that analysis comes from University campuses where the smarter people tend, or at least tended, to end up.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'd have thought that by 2020, Anglo-Saxons would stop believing this shit (and just imagine for a moment, these are the stupidest of them who actually VERBALIZE THIS STUFF, the maybe 10% of them who are as stupid as that Ohio senator, who open their mouths and SAY this shit publicly..... which then makes you imagine this is the TIP OF THE ICEBERG of that lot..... the other 90% are merely THINKING IT).

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'd have thought that by 2020, Anglo-Saxons would stop believing this shit (and just imagine for a moment, these are the stupidest of them who actually VERBALIZE THIS STUFF, the maybe 10% of them who are as stupid as that Ohio senator, who open their mouths and SAY this shit publicly..... which then makes you imagine this is the TIP OF THE ICEBERG of that lot..... the other 90% are merely THINKING IT).
    Actually, a lot of people do not wash their hands. One thing I notice at highway service stations is that as I am washing and then drying my own hands, you will typically have a large number of people walk out without so much as going near a sink. It is very common. However, there are those who are great with hygiene. It is just a sad reality that a lot of people do not wash their hands regularly.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Actually, a lot of people do not wash their hands. One thing I notice at highway service stations is that as I am washing and then drying my own hands, you will typically have a large number of people walk out without so much as going near a sink. It is very common. However, there are those who are great with hygiene. It is just a sad reality that a lot of people do not wash their hands regularly.
    That is so true. Thinking back on restaurant scenes, a few short months ago, people shoulder to shoulder, talking and shouting loudly to one another sometimes ACROSS your space, you can literally see spit droplets spraying out if the lighting is just right, and at buffets, people talking loudly to the person next to them whilst digging into fried rice with a big spoon, their mouths a mere inches from the hot steaming buffet table, right on down the line, spraying saliva, coughing, talking loudly, sneezing, I even some alot of skanks reaching in and sampling a quick bite, hand to mouth, then touching the buffet spoons again that we all must touch to serve ourselves. And like you said above, many MANY a time I have been at a urinal, and see a guy come out of a stall the whole place stinking to high heaven, and he strolls right out the door, not even an approach to the sink to wash. Fucking hideous.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see it quite often, I’m very paranoid about public restrooms pre wuhan to begin with. How people can walk out of a bathroom without washing their hands always bothered me. It is an easy way to prevent spreading various diseases. Hepatitis is a nasty virus that can live outside the body for weeks. I don’t recall the racial makeup of the offenders I’ve witnessed carrying out these acts. I’m actually behind on the statistics of how this is hitting different races. No doubt it is a stupid thing to say. I guess if your brainstorming why certain races or areas are getting hit harder it might be something to ask but you gotta use your brain. Especially now when everyone is on eggshells. I would guess a part of it would be cramped living situations for many African Americans but that is just a guess. My neighbor is a Physicians assistant at a local city hospital I’m going to make a point to ask him what the ethnic makeup of those he is treating is and if he does reply he is seeing more of any particular race I’ll ask him what he thinks is going on.

My neighbor, the PA, is one of the providers picked by the hospital to work solely on wuhan. I notice he is gone for weeks at a time, he has a young family I think they have him working, staying at dedicated hospital housing, quarantine after his two or three week shift, tested and then has a week off at home. Of course there are many things I’d like to ask him but I figure he must be beat to shit and I don’t want to bother him. I did mow his front lawn for him when I did mine, I was going to do the back but he has a fence I felt like I’d be intruding if I opened his gate. It’s good no one here got it that we know of, hopefully it stays that way.
    Last edited by walrus; 06-12-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right it's definitely the close quarters in super urbanized settings.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so we're all in agreement that there are a lot of people in the world that do not follow good hygiene, even something as simple and common sense as washing your hands.

How does this relate to the colossal, monumental, incredibly jaw-dropping STUPIDITY of a comment uttered by a United States of America Senator in full view of the whole world?

If anything, I thought the response from the black woman in the hearing was incredibly restrained and civil, given the verbal shit bomb just dropped by the (cough) Senator.

I would've responded more to the tune of........

"I'm not sure that comment came across as you meant it... so I'll give you the chance to reconsider that thought and phrase it differently."

Thread Information