Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election
    https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/
    There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.
    The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears.

Thumbs fully on the scale in favor of Democrats.

All you have to do here is click the link to realise that that article is more words than you read in a month. If you'd actually fucking read it you'll see that this was a gigantic effort from every part of the political spectrum including Trump supporters, evangelicals and so on to put their thumb on the scales to achieve a free, fair and secure election.

The democracy campaigners watched with alarm. “Every week, we felt like we were in a struggle to try to pull off this election without the country going through a real dangerous moment of unraveling,” says former GOP Representative Zach Wamp, a Trump supporter who helped coordinate a bipartisan election-protection council. “We can look back and say this thing went pretty well, but it was not at all clear in September and October that that was going to be the case."

The statement was released on Election Day, under the names of Chamber CEO Thomas Donohue, AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka, and the heads of the National Association of Evangelicals and the National African American Clergy Network. “It is imperative that election officials be given the space and time to count every vote in accordance with applicable laws,” it stated. “We call on the media, the candidates and the American people to exercise patience with the process and trust in our system, even if it requires more time than usual.” The groups added, “Although we may not always agree on desired outcomes up and down the ballot, we are united in our call for the American democratic process to proceed without violence, intimidation or any other tactic that makes us weaker as a nation.”

and endless more stuff like that in the article you haven't read.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election
    https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/
    There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.
    The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears.

Thumbs fully on the scale in favor of Democrats.

All you have to do here is click the link to realise that that article is more words than you read in a month. If you'd actually fucking read it you'll see that this was a gigantic effort from every part of the political spectrum including Trump supporters, evangelicals and so on to put their thumb on the scales to achieve a free, fair and secure election.

The democracy campaigners watched with alarm. “Every week, we felt like we were in a struggle to try to pull off this election without the country going through a real dangerous moment of unraveling,” says former GOP Representative Zach Wamp, a Trump supporter who helped coordinate a bipartisan election-protection council. “We can look back and say this thing went pretty well, but it was not at all clear in September and October that that was going to be the case."

The statement was released on Election Day, under the names of Chamber CEO Thomas Donohue, AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka, and the heads of the National Association of Evangelicals and the National African American Clergy Network. “It is imperative that election officials be given the space and time to count every vote in accordance with applicable laws,” it stated. “We call on the media, the candidates and the American people to exercise patience with the process and trust in our system, even if it requires more time than usual.” The groups added, “Although we may not always agree on desired outcomes up and down the ballot, we are united in our call for the American democratic process to proceed without violence, intimidation or any other tactic that makes us weaker as a nation.”

and endless more stuff like that in the article you haven't read.
    Oh there's a surprise, a condescending tone from Kirkland....incredible! Will wonders never cease?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    OK I don't know how YOU or other people might read that story, but let's take a quick lil peak at one part of this "BREAKING COMPLETELY SERIOUS NEWS STORY!"

"Multiple people tell me Trump was basically screaming as Castor made a meandering opening argument that struggled to get at the heart of the defence team's argument," said CNN's chief White House correspondent Kaitlan Collins.

I read that and I see "Multiple people" and I think to myself WHO? Why not name them? Why not say Don Jr said "________" or Kellyanne Conway said "_______" or whatever, but nah, and it's always always always 'unnamed sources allege', 'my sources tell me', 'People close to Trump claim'

If it was real, if it was on the record, if it was LEGIT, names would be named....when it comes to CNN they never are.

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but 100% for certain if you trust that article you do it on FAITH and not on PROOF.

Trust but verify.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can beleive the story that Trump was not happy. The lawyer was not very impressive at all.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...rtan-ntp-feeds

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I can beleive the story that Trump was not happy. The lawyer was not very impressive at all.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...rtan-ntp-feeds

Yeah ok, I'm just not going to try anymore.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

What a shit show of an opening statement. That is pretty atrocious by any standard.

"I promise you if these proceedings go forward everyone will look bad. You will see and hear many members of our congress saying and doing things they must surely regret, but perhaps far more worse..worse........our great country will be more divided and our standing around the world will be badly broken"

Is this guy on Meth or something?

Even more astonishing is his claim that if you vote for the proceedings to go ahead then you are a partisan radical who future generations will look back on with shame.

Fucking hell

Fight like hell? With that guy?

Trump will still get away with it in politics because he made sure to fill that swamp up with other corrupt bastards who will have his back.

Elsewhere he may not be so lucky.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Trump will still get away with it in politics because he made sure to fill that swamp up with other corrupt bastards who will have his back.
    I must have missed the day when Trump appointed Representatives and/or Senators.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

What a shit show of an opening statement. That is pretty atrocious by any standard.

"I promise you if these proceedings go forward everyone will look bad. You will see and hear many members of our congress saying and doing things they must surely regret, but perhaps far more worse..worse........our great country will be more divided and our standing around the world will be badly broken"

Is this guy on Meth or something?

Even more astonishing is his claim that if you vote for the proceedings to go ahead then you are a partisan radical who future generations will look back on with shame.

Fucking hell

Fight like hell? With that guy?

Elsewhere he may not be so lucky.
    How dare you say that David Avraham Schoen --- one of THE finest lawyers in the US ---- is on Meth. The New York Times credited Schoen with offering "a more spirited performance" that "heartened" the former president Trump.[11]

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't missed it. Not at all. Took a couple of weeks and aside from the sarcastic gif on fb tried to stay away from the constant fray. The it being daily politics as much as the daily anti democratic wind bag. Truth is though you don't need the media to tell you those two lawyers were as sharp as marbles and as effective as soaking wet Charmin. You could have flushed the moment the one fella went to sighting Dems for wanting to invalidate and throw out millions of votes . Who cares if Trump was yelling or sharting up the walls or not.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only steal of the election was from Trump when he asked for votes to be found in the state of Georgia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56015742

Thread Information