Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    When a former president can tell voters...
    Trump says Republicans won’t vote in 2022 or 2024 unless his bogus election fraud claims are ‘solved’vote in 2022 ...and they consider listening.......damn...
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-re...221930912.html

so don't vote- let democrats take control of both houses then?

What I find is amazing-is how mainstream claims Don is no longer relevent- yet they can't stop making articles about him. Quoting him.
    They are keeping him alive, relevant. I think...MSNBC, CNN probably cover Donnie as much as FOX does now.

Trump continues playing that flute... knowing his minions will regurgitate whatever outlandish B.S. he shovels.

Whereas CNN is permanently scarred... and can't get off of Trump. Like you said, keeping him relevant.

And the people?

Well... if there was such a graph as "Political/Election IQ" among the masses... the curve would've taken a near vertical drop at around the time Trump got elected and would have been scraping bottom ever since.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A US judge has ruled a congressional committee investigating the Capitol riot can access some of ex-President Donald Trump's White House records.

Mr Trump had sought to invoke executive privilege, under which presidential documents can be kept secret.

The inquiry is trying to find out if Mr Trump had prior knowledge of the riot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59227425
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My

If I were to guess...

Did Trump incite the riot? Sure.

Did he stoke the fires of the idiot masses who worshipped the ground he walked on? Absolutely.

Should he be held accountable for the damage and loss of life that ensued from the Jan 6th riots? You bet.

Did he have prior knowledge of the riot? I don't think so.

I think this was the case of a mob scene with a bunch of Neanderthals, that soon became a shark feeding frenzy, and the crowd just lost all control.

The "storm the Capitol" bit was probably initiated by a dozen or so braindead morons... and quickly picked up on by the zombie crowd.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Republican "leadership" sits idly by promoting the stripping of committees of 13 Repubs who had the audacity to cast an honest vote in support of bi partisan infrastructure. Many of whom have received death threats. Again, for nothing more than casting an honest vote as is their elected duty. This is true tyranny and the true threat to Freedom. It really is and the majority of the current party..which I have agreed with on some issues as an Independent..is an absolute embarrassment to the Nation. It's more shameful to watch them cower and grovel to a man no longer in power than it was when he was actually in office..I didn't even think that was possible. And don't get me started on the 'progressives' with initial proposals of 7 trillion, played hard ball dragged key policy into an erratic laughing stock. Then compromised while accusing other fellow Dems of zero trust and trickery...then when the vote came down and against their own leadership in the more left wing of party..a half dozen voted against record infrastructure anyway. Fook them too. If I'm honest didn't miss politics after the Traitor in Chief was voted out. Basically feel like there needs to be a political detox program in this recent and current climate. It's literally unhealthy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    My

If I were to guess...

Did Trump incite the riot? Sure.

Did he stoke the fires of the idiot masses who worshipped the ground he walked on? Absolutely.

Should he be held accountable for the damage and loss of life that ensued from the Jan 6th riots? You bet.

Did he have prior knowledge of the riot? I don't think so.

I think this was the case of a mob scene with a bunch of Neanderthals, that soon became a shark feeding frenzy, and the crowd just lost all control.

The "storm the Capitol" bit was probably initiated by a dozen or so braindead morons... and quickly picked up on by the zombie crowd.
    I don't care for Maher often but he keeps it cutting and hits the nail on the head occasionally.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

White supremacists declare war on democracy and walk away unscathed

American democracy’s most dangerous adversary is white supremacy. Throughout this nation’s history, white supremacy has undermined, twisted and attacked the viability of the United States. What makes white supremacy so lethal, however, is not just its presence but also the refusal to hold its adherents fully accountable for the damage they have done and continue to do to the nation. The insurrection on 6 January and the weak response are only the latest example.

During the war for independence, after the British captured Savannah, the king’s forces set out to capture a wholly unprepared South Carolina. John Laurens, an aide-de-camp of George Washington, pleaded with the South Carolina government to arm the enslaved because the state didn’t have enough available white men to fight the 8,000-strong British force barreling toward Charleston. This was a crisis born of South Carolina’s decision to divert most of the state’s white men from the Continental Army to fight the Redcoats and, instead, enlist them in the militia to control the enslaved population, whom they defined as the primary threat.

The response to Laurens’ plan was, therefore, “horror” and “alarm”. Umbrage even. The state’s political leaders were so appalled that they questioned whether “this union was worth fighting for at all”. The United States of America was not nearly as important as maintaining slavery. They, therefore, toyed with the idea of surrendering to the British, making a separate peace. For that flat-out refusal to fight with every resource at its command, and clear willingness to sacrifice the United States simply to maintain slavery, South Carolina suffered no consequences. It wasn’t ostracized. It wasn’t penalized. Instead, the state’s leaders were fully embraced as Founding Fathers and welcomed into the new nation’s halls of power.

What makes white supremacy so lethal is the refusal to hold its adherents accountable for the damage they have done

Several years later, at the 1787 constitutional convention, the south once again put white supremacy above the viability of the United States. In tough negotiations, South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia’s representatives were willing to hold the nation hostage and risk its destruction unless protection of slavery and the empowering of enslavers was embedded in the constitution. The negotiators acknowledged exactly what was going on and even, sometimes, how reprehensible it was. When, for example, the delegates bowed down to the south’s demands for 20 additional years of the Atlantic slave trade, James Madison admitted that without that concession, “the southern states would not have entered into the union of America”. And, therefore, as “great as the evil is” he added “the dismemberment of the Union would be worse”.

The same refrain played after the infamous three-fifths clause passed under the southern threat to walk away and, thus, scuttle the constitution and the United States. Massachusetts delegate Rufus King called the nefarious formula to determine representation in Congress one of the constitution’s “greatest blemishes” while lamenting that it “was a necessary sacrifice to the establishment of the Constitution”.

The enslavers’ extortionist threats – white supremacy as the price for the nation to come into being – should have created a massive backlash. But it didn’t. There was no retribution, only compliance and acquiescence. The demonstrated lack of accountability for threatening the viability of the United States served only to embolden the slaveholders, who bullied, harangued and pummeled other congressional leaders, including the brutal 1856 beating of Senator Charles Sumner by southerner Preston Brooks on the Senate floor, to get their way.

When the bullying and beatings no longer worked, and the nation dared elect a president opposed to slavery spreading any further, the slaveholders launched a military attack against the United States. They wanted, according to Alexander H Stephens, vice-president of the Confederate States of America, the “disintegration” of the Union. He said that the United States had to be destroyed because, unlike the US, the Confederacy’s “cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition”.

The lack of accountability for threatening the viability of the United States served only to embolden the slaveholders

To wage its war for white supremacy, the Confederates killed and wounded more than 646,000 American soldiers. In addition to the loss of life, fending off the CSA’s devastating military assault cost the United States billions of dollars. The CSA also tried to badger and entice the British and French to ally with the Confederacy and attack the United States.

For doing so much to destroy this nation, after the CSA’s defeat, the consequences were disproportionately minimal. President Andrew Johnson granted many of the Confederacy’s leaders amnesty and allowed them to resume positions of power in the government. The entrée into American society for the traitors was also paved by the way the US supreme court dismantled many of the protections put in place by Congress for post-civil war Black citizenship – the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, as well as laws banning racial segregation and white domestic terrorism – and allowed the bureaucratic and lynching violence of Jim Crow to eviscerate the “self-evident” principles of equality. And to ensure that a narrative of white supremacy’s innocence permeated the nation’s textbooks, the Confederacy’s treachery became the “war of Northern aggression” and the south’s “Lost Cause” became nothing less than noble. The forgiveness tour continued as the states, not just in the south, allowed the erection of statues in the public square honoring those who committed treason.

‘This horrific attack on American democracy should have resulted in a full-throttled response. But, once again, white supremacy is able to walk away virtually unscathed.’© Photograph: Shannon Stapleton/Reuters ‘This horrific attack on American democracy should have resulted in a full-throttled response. But, once again, white supremacy is able to walk away virtually unscathed.’

The 6 January invasion of the US Capitol, provoked by the lie that cities with sizable minority populations, such as Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philadelphia, “stole” the 2020 election is, at its core, white supremacists’ anger that African Americans, Hispanics, Asian Americans and Native Americans not only voted but did so decisively against Donald Trump. The invaders constructed gallows, stormed the US Capitol, wanted to hang Vice-President Mike Pence, who would not hand the election to Trump, and hunted for the speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. They beat police officers, yelled “nigger” at others, carried the Confederate flag through the halls of the building and decided that those defending the Capitol were the actual “traitors” who needed to be killed.

This horrific attack on American democracy should have resulted in a full-throttled response. But, once again, white supremacy is able to walk away virtually unscathed. US senators and representatives who were at the rally inciting the invaders were not expelled from Congress. Similarly, in shades of the post- civil war Confederacy, several politicians who attended the incendiary event at the Ellipse were recently re-elected to office. And those who stormed the Capitol are getting charged with misdemeanors, being allowed to go on vacations out of the country, and, despite the attempt to stage a coup and overturn the results of a presidential election, getting feather-light sentences.

It also took months to establish a congressional committee to investigate 6 January, but it’s already clear that its subpoenas, as Steve Bannon and Jeffrey Clark so brazenly demonstrated, can be violated and mocked at will with no consequences. And, like the Lost Cause, its adherents have tried to rewrite this assault on America as “a normal tourist visit” or simply “law-abiding, patriotic, mom and pop, young adults pushing baby carriages”.

In other words, this nation has a really bad habit of letting white supremacy get away with repeated attempts to murder American democracy. It’s time to break that habit. If we don’t, they just might succeed next time.

Carol Anderson is the Charles Howard Candler professor of African American studies at Emory University and the author of White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide and One Person, No Vote: How Voter Suppression is Destroying Our Democracy. She is a contributor to the Guardian

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump makes racist claim McConnell was ‘working with’ China because he has an Asian-American wife

The former president of the United States reignited his feud with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday with a racist attack referencing Mr McConnell’s wife, who is Asian-American.

Mr Trump claimed in a statement released just after noon that Mr McConnell was “too busy working on deals with China for his wife and family” to support the former president’s false claims of widespread election fraud, which he alleges led to his defeat at the hands of President Joe Biden.

Mr McConnell has repeatedly rejected Mr Trump’s false claims. His wife, Elaine Chao, is Taiwanese-American and was born in Taipei; she became the first Taiwanese-American to serve as a member of the US Cabinet in 2001 when she was confirmed as secretary of Labor in the second Bush administration.

The Independent has reached out to Mr McConnell’s office for comment.

Ms Chao was one of the longest-serving members of the Trump administration, staying for nearly Mr Trump’s entire tenure, but resigned in the hours following the attack on the US Capitol earlier this year.

The Senate Republican leader’s feud with Mr Trump dates back to before January, when Mr McConnell emerged as one of the main Republican national-level elected figures who did not echo the former president’s false claims about election fraud. Still, he refused to acknowledge Mr Biden’s victory for some time after the election last year, and downplayed the danger of Mr Trump’s legal challenges and false claims about the election for weeks before 6 January.

The pair broke potentially for good ahead of the vote to certify the election results on 6 January, when he whipped members of his caucus against sustaining objections to the results in states including Arizona, Pennsylvania and Georgia.

Mr Trump has spent the months since leaving office endorsing primary challengers to Republicans he views as disloyal, sparing Mr McConnell only because the Senate GOP leader was reelected last year and therefore won’t face a challenge until 2026.

The president’s use of racist language regarding Asian-Americans is well documented. During the height of the Covid-19 pandemic last year as anti-Asian attacks were on the rise around the US, Mr Trump repeatedly used the terms “Kung Flu” and “China Virus” to describe the pandemic as a means of heaping blame on China’s government.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Now Republican "leadership" sits idly by promoting the stripping of committees of 13 Repubs who had the audacity to cast an honest vote in support of bi partisan infrastructure. Many of whom have received death threats. Again, for nothing more than casting an honest vote as is their elected duty. This is true tyranny and the true threat to Freedom. It really is and the majority of the current party..which I have agreed with on some issues as an Independent..is an absolute embarrassment to the Nation. It's more shameful to watch them cower and grovel to a man no longer in power than it was when he was actually in office..I didn't even think that was possible. And don't get me started on the 'progressives' with initial proposals of 7 trillion, played hard ball dragged key policy into an erratic laughing stock. Then compromised while accusing other fellow Dems of zero trust and trickery...then when the vote came down and against their own leadership in the more left wing of party..a half dozen voted against record infrastructure anyway. Fook them too. If I'm honest didn't miss politics after the Traitor in Chief was voted out. Basically feel like there needs to be a political detox program in this recent and current climate. It's literally unhealthy.

I don't know what the initial seven trillion progressive wishlist was but I'd like to see what they wanted to spend seven trillion on. Then I'd add a further three trillion dollars in moonshot clean energy investment to try and come up with something to keep fossil fuels in the ground worldwide that America could earn trillions of dollars in future income from. And I'd mandate in my ten trillion spending bill that that future income would flow back mainly into the US government coffers instead of to private enterprise as the US government has funded it. Think of it as a sovereign wealth fund investment by the government on behalf of the taxpayers/sovereign wealth fund stakeholders.

So I just spent ten trillion (over ten years). What did I get for the money? A quick google doesn't find the progressive wishlist but I bet there'd be a lot of healthcare, universal childcare and a bunch of other stuff in there. How would I pay for it? You know what, I wouldn't raise taxes even a penny, not even for the top 0.1%. I'd simply enforce the existing tax code:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-irs-estimates

So there's my trillion dollars a year in new spending fully paid for.

The last thing we need is to tax centimillionaires and billionaires because it would bring the entire economy crashing down, although some people including centimillionaires and billionaires who wrote this article argue that there just might be leeway to tax these people a little bit more:

https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion...ideas_covid-19

Which would pay for some really nice stuff. Just a thought.

In general though it was Manchin and Sinema posing as "moderate" politicians who did the bidding of the centimillionaires and billionaires who run the show and held up the whole thing while slashing trillions in both spending and tax enforcement/increases while the progressives agreed months ago to vote for anything Biden managed to agree with Manchin/Sinema:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...structure.html

Even this current bill is smoke and mirrors. It claims to be over a trillion dollars but $550 plus billion is the existing highway bill. The rest is new spending. So really they're arguing about spending sixty trillion or sixty point five trillion over the next ten years. It's a fucking rounding error. And they're letting ten trillion walk out the door in tax evasion over the same ten year period.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Don can be credited for anything; it's allowing his followers to finally feel free to tell the world what they hate.

As Laura Boebert's mother video resurfaced makes account

A Republican Politician's mother:

"We're here to talk about things we hate. Am I allowed to say mexican? Politically correct? Ok brown people...I hate it when they are playing that hat music. And they blast it."

"Girl I hate it when you go to the store ...to the walmart and got to wait behind 80,000 other kind of people""

"Brown people? and they dont speak no english....they go with the whole family and the 80 different kids with 80 diferent daddies...oh hell naw..."

"They come to the wall...mart with the whole family and I hate it"

Before Donald the dick-Arnold, these words were never a part of their culture.(so they claimed)

Well- I am ok with what her mom said. My problem is why now? I never read such statements so freely pre-Donster the Monster. These are not new feelings, many long felt this way but felt afraid. But thanks to Donaldus hatimus...it is now defined as "speaking one's mind."

Aint no way to put this back in the bag. There are 10 year old white kids who have been reared to think blacks have always been presidents, there was never a slave trade, rather a triangular trade, all democrats are evil, only republicans love god, and if black get shot by the cops,...wait to see what was in their past. and if whites beat the dog shit out of 150 cops at the state capital....its because every single cop was a traitor. Not to the nation, but to Emperor Drumpf.

Boebert's child Lauren is a product of that. just imagine what today's 10-15 years young white children raised under Limbaugh, Coulter to Hannity...what will they think like in 10 years...
    Thank Donald!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 12-02-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

‘We had COVID come in, and then I brought it back"
    --Pimp Donald, Lord of the Gimp Squad, Master to all UncleDaddies of the world

taken from the article:
    Trump: I came up with vaccines and saved millions of lives during COVID

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

So cancel culture took away our comedian's right to freedom of speech, now look at the goddamn consequence- Donald.
    Damn.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

If I hadn't fired Comey you wouldn't be sitting here talking to me. I dont think I could've survived because They were coming after me like a hornet's nest.

Now people are saying to me it was the most incredible instinctual moves anyone as ever seen
    ."

Now why would an innocent person care about who is coming after him from the standpoint of the law?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...132100296.html

So Don admits he fired Comey- because they were coming after him?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those who felt Donald Trump alone could save America should heed the following words:

“The minds of men seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty. So, the continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and the duty of a wise People to discourage and restrain it.”
    President George Washington farewell address

U.S.A's First President under the Constitution warned in a (solemn) manner... there were candidates that desired factions… possessed the abilities to distract the public, agitate communities with ill-founded jealousies, raise false alarms, ignite enmity against their neighbor and so desirous to keep power that they will even attempt and or foment riot(s) & insurrections…

January 6th, 2021, over 140 state capital officers were beaten [by a faction], one murdered after a peaceful rally completed where the former president, [who possessed the ability to ignite enmity] told the crowd to march down Pennsylvania avenue, where the rally goers… turned violent [by fomenting a riot that produced a failed insurrection].
    “Take back your country and you have got to fight hard.”
    Jan 6th- words of one [who possessed the ability to ignite enmity] -his words not carried out by Americans of various demographics, rather [by a faction]

What would President Washington say if he heard the cries of "Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump?
    And this is who some Americans want in 2024; a dude so Jack the Friggin Incompetent- dude inavertantly claimed: "Anybody that doesn’t think there wasn’t massive Election Fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election is either very stupid, or very corrupt!"

1. CNN reporter Daniel Dale claimed, “This is, accidentally, Trump’s first ever accurate statement on the legitimacy of the 2020 election.”

2. Politico reporter Kyle Cheney simply noted: “This… doesn’t say what Donald Trump thinks it does.”

3. ABC’s Jonathan Karl joking suggested that Trump “finally conceded.”

4. When you accidentally tell the truth because you can’t grammar good

And he calls others stupid.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...132100296.html
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 12-06-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm saddened & amazed at how politicians like Trump can find investors, Political action committees to up hundreds of millions of dollars for everything but JOBS.

He can raise money to get elected to ask the senate and Congress to stalemate each other in the name of a Jobs bill.
    And this isn't the 78 thousanth-umpteenth example of how money hungry he is? He got capital for a billion dollars worth? Shit, why not make a company or two in just red states? The poor whites struggling with their attorney fees for the Jan 6th day -when they greeted the cops with hugs & kisses? He can't kick his white brothers and stumpedly-stupidswamprunning-housenegroes.... enough.

And now his Media and Technology Group (TMTG) announced it secured $1 billion from an undisclosed group of investors
    Nothing like having zero transparency from the demographic constantly blaming others for their lack.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-social-...205914876.html
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3a3fcc7...r-says-it.html

And in his typical hypocritical fashion (usually in the same sentence) stated:
    The network has been advertised as a platform "that encourages open global conversation without discrimination on the basis of political ideology."
    followed by...which will feature "non-woke" news, entertainment, podcasts and other content.

We want open discussion, unless its woke and those who follow woke, related to them, work with them...

Isn't this his 3rd try at social media? Well I can't call him a quitter. Oh wait....it's somebody else's money he's using.
    Again
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 12-06-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donald Trump voters; over-the-top-loyal as one is to a deity.

Thread Information