Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

On another topic, why are CNN talking heads allowed to talk about their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) on national television? I have never liked Chris Cuomo (and much less Don Lemon) to begin with. But it appears they're crossing some sort of line with their commentaries. Should this drivel be allowed on the air? I would assume people tune in to the news media to TRY and get some semblance of the news (as laughable as the notion is nowadays). I certainly don't go sifting through the riff raff of televised news to be greeted by the nauseating, condescending attitudes of these bozos.

I realize change is constant and all we can do is adapt to it as best we can. But had Rip Van Winkle just woken up in 2020 after his 20-year snooze... he'd probably rush to the nearest pharmacy and get himself enough sleeping pills for another 20 years. I've made clear on here that I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I identify with some views of one... other views of the other. I intensely dislike Trump because regardless of what anyone says, he enjoys the Grand Canyon-sized chasm he has helped form in the American public... and he revels in it like a kid on Christmas morning. Divide and conquer. I think he's a boorish, obnoxious, hugely unlikable jackass with about as much leadership qualities as a palm tree. If the American public wanted a President from outside Washington politics to teach those politicians a lesson... they certainly did that. But they picked the worst person in the world to do it. Yet this is probably the worst election year on record. Trump's opponent is an increasingly senile old man with the fragility of a butterfly in a hurricane. The Democrats wasted four years... doing little but crying, fretting, and in DENIAL that Trump had actually been elected. Instead of going about the business of working on their own faults and failings which led to Trump being elected in the first place.

El Kabong Guest

You're right Tito. When given the opportunity the Democrats doubled down on what made Americans choose Trump to start with. Obama soured on a lot of people and then they ran HRC (Obama's Secretary of State), and now they've run Biden (Obama's VP) and Obama has been called out at the late date to campaign for Joe....that ain't a great sign of confidence.

People are free to not like Trump, all I say is he's the same as he ever was and he's a bit of a caricature of a wealthy guy. The fact remains A) he connects with his supporters and B ) the man is TIRELESS in his campaigning.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You're right Tito. When given the opportunity the Democrats doubled down on what made Americans choose Trump to start with. Obama soured on a lot of people and then they ran HRC (Obama's Secretary of State), and now they've run Biden (Obama's VP) and Obama has been called out at the late date to campaign for Joe....that ain't a great sign of confidence.

People are free to not like Trump, all I say is he's the same as he ever was and he's a bit of a caricature of a wealthy guy. The fact remains A) he connects with his supporters and B ) the man is TIRELESS in his campaigning.
    Seems you skipped over the most salient points in Tito's post, namely the boorish, obnoxious, divide and conquer "palm tree" aspects (brilliant analogy there Tito) of Trump's reign and his childish relishing of the enormous chasm he has created in American society. How about his genius "15 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD" BACK IN APRIL?

did the IDIOT slow the spread? Did it "disappear by Easter"?

Did he secretly know 15 DAYS WOULDN'T SLOW SHIT?

please comment on Trump's biggest fuckups, besides merely being a "caricature" of a rich man.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems to most intelligent people that if Trumpy was desperate to "slow the spread in 15 days". 😆🤣😕😂🤣 He should've issued a federal mask.mandate TO MAKE SURE HE ACTUALLY SLOWED THE SPREAD IN 15 DAYS.

but the idiot did the opposite, and no we got

9,000,000 Covid 19 cases and

240,000 Covid 19 deaths

.....but it'll "go away" he keeps saying.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way, I didn't intend for my points to El K to be offensive.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I will not deny though the potential schadenfreude derived from witnessing the reactions of some of the more belligerent and bigoted of Trump supporters, should a Black Female President be installed, if Biden were not fit to carry on.

Ha!
    Are you and Kirkland attempting to tell me that a certain group of people would view say Candace Owens the same as Kamala Harris? Is THAT what you're saying? Because I certainly would choose Candace Owens over Kamala Harris for various reasons none of which have to do with skin color.

You have very damaged and sick minds.
    You are accusing anyone not supporting Trump of supporting peados and you think other people are the ones with sick minds?

Ocasio-Cortez would obviously be better IMHO than Harris but Owens is not even a politician is she?

If you can't even countenance the idea of mysogonists and racists voting for anyone but a Democrat you are beyond help.

Your reading comprehension is terrible.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

You are accusing anyone not supporting Trump of supporting peados and you think other people are the ones with sick minds?

Ocasio-Cortez would obviously be better IMHO than Harris but Owens is not even a politician is she?

If you can't even countenance the idea of mysogonists and racists voting for anyone but a Democrat you are beyond help.

The information is out there, it's available....it's not "Russian disinformation" and I guaran-God-damn-tee you if the Dems had so much as a WHISPER of Don Jr or Eric Trump being up to what Hunter Biden has been up to....oh you wouldn't be able NOT to see it, it would be all over everywhere. Hunter Biden is radioactive and the media are trying like hell to drag Joe across the finish line before this all blows up even more.

Well your honest opinion is certainly something.... Candace Owens is yet to run for office, but she's involved in politics, again, point being I don't really care about skin color when it comes to politics. The less I say about AOC the better.

So Beanz, are you telling me that the Republicans have the market cornered on misogynists and racists? There's nary a misogynist or racist to be found in the Democrat party? LAUGHABLE.

I appreciate your professional diagnosis Beanz.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and I guaran-God-damn-tee
    ....on a purely linguistic note, I gotta say, that is one creative and funny-ass creation there.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The information is out there, it's available....it's not "Russian disinformation" and I guaran-God-damn-tee you if the Dems had so much as a WHISPER of Don Jr or Eric Trump being up to what Hunter Biden has been up to....oh you wouldn't be able NOT to see it, it would be all over everywhere. Hunter Biden is radioactive and the media are trying like hell to drag Joe across the finish line before this all blows up even more.

Well your honest opinion is certainly something.... Candace Owens is yet to run for office, but she's involved in politics, again, point being I don't really care about skin color when it comes to politics. The less I say about AOC the better.

So Beanz, are you telling me that the Republicans have the market cornered on misogynists and racists? There's nary a misogynist or racist to be found in the Democrat party? LAUGHABLE.

I appreciate your professional diagnosis Beanz.

No that is not what i am saying.

What i am saying and find myself having to repeat until i am blue in the face is

YOU HAVE REALLY SERIOUS READING COMPREHENSION ISSUES

What did i ACTUALLY post? Not what you wanted me to post or what you PRETENDED that i posted or what you ASSUMED i posted ?

What i actually posted was that if you could not bring yourself to agree that neither party has a monopoly on racist or misogynists you are beyond help.

You turned that into me insisting that only Republicans can be either of those things and no Democrats could ever be accused of either.

That is the actual opposite of what i said. This happens virtually every time i post. You don't want to engage with anything i say and so just make up an argument i never made and pretend you have easily destroyed it.

You can't seem to fathom that other people are entitled to a different opinion to you. This is why i find myself having to be so abrupt with you. You think somebody laughing at an ironic situation is "a sign of a damaged and diseased mind".

It is almost like you are not human. Empathy is weakness, people mentioning family makes them fair game, these seem to be your rules of engagement and yet here you are complaining because I am not willing to gaslight you.

I would never try and assess your mental health across a forum in the way that Tito, Wally and yourself do to me. That is really sick.

'Beyond help' as in being beyond reasoning with. If you and Tito can't even read something i post without pretending i said something i didn't, then there is not a lot of hope trying to engage civilly with either of you or building a constructive argument.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

What i am saying and find myself having to repeat until i am blue in the face is

What did i ACTUALLY post? Not what you wanted me to post or what you PRETENDED that i posted or what you ASSUMED i posted ?

What i actually posted was that if you could not bring yourself to agree that neither party has a monopoly on racist or misogynists you are beyond help.

You turned that into me insisting that only Republicans can be either of those things and no Democrats could ever be accused of either.

That is the actual opposite of what i said. This happens virtually every time i post. You don't want to engage with anything i say and so just make up an argument i never made and pretend you have easily destroyed it.

You can't seem to fathom that other people are entitled to a different opinion to you. This is why i find myself having to be so abrupt with you. You think somebody laughing at an ironic situation is "a sign of a damaged and diseased mind".

It is almost like you are not human. Empathy is weakness, people mentioning family makes them fair game, these seem to be your rules of engagement and yet here you are complaining because I am not willing to gaslight you.

I would never try and assess your mental health across a forum in the way that Tito, Wally and yourself do to me. That is really sick.

'Beyond help' as in being beyond reasoning with. If you and Tito can't even read something i post without pretending i said something i didn't, then there is not a lot of hope trying to engage civilly with either of you or building a constructive argument.
    What's there to engage with? You're here to lecture......go on then Beanz

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

imagine of we had to list, in strict outline form, what our points and arguments are on topics, and we had to leave out all the character assasinations:

it would look something like this:

I.
    A.
    B.

II.
    A.
    B.
    C.
    a.
    b.

III.
    A.
    B. etc.

(for some reason the indentations didnt take, but you get the idea.......it would be strictly content-focused, and much clearer to discuss it all thru the various topics)

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's there to engage with? You're here to lecture......go on then Beanz

That is just another cop out.

I am not lecturing you, far from it.

I am trying to understand why you have this weird hostility toward someone not sharing your opinions or more accurately, someone you can't put in a little box.

It's not just me, you do it to anybody that points out hypocrisy with Trump or one of his zombies. You just immediately assume they must be stupid and fall for everything the Democrats promise.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

I am trying to understand why you have this weird hostility toward someone not sharing your opinions or more accurately, someone you can't put in a little box.

It's not just me, you do it to anybody that points out hypocrisy with Trump or one of his zombies. You just immediately assume they must be stupid and fall for everything the Democrats promise.
    Is that really what your goal is? Truly? Because I think you're incapable of accepting of the fact that I base my position on similar morals that you hold, but I come out with a different perspective on what the best practice should be. And for my troubles I don't get asked "But why?" I don't get asked "How do you come to that conclusion?" and even if I bothered to explain. If I take the time and lay everything out you still dismiss me as a racist, a bigot, a xenophobe....and yeah that's pretty fucking tiresome.

I understand EXACTLY why some people don't like Trump. In 2016 I wasn't Trump's biggest fan when it came to the RNC primaries, I waited, I watched, I paid attention. He has delivered. And I can say that, but you won't attempt to understand WHAT Trump has delivered or HOW or to WHOM, you'll pop your fingers in your ears and start with the name calling doesn't matter of who (me or Trump) it's just immediately: racist, bigot, classist, xenophobe, homophobe, yada yada yada... your attempt at understanding ends right where that begins and I can't help you not do that.

I'll admit I don't know why the fuck anyone would support Joe Biden....I know full well why people oppose Trump and in my discussions THAT is what I attempt to tackle, but oftentimes that gets derailed. People are EMOTIONAL about Trump and I get that, the media gasses everyone up about it, they actively do it and it's abhorrent. And at times Trump doesn't help himself...but that is again a thing people find endearing about him.

Here's something that I think will translate for you...you know that a few Premier League clubs are looking at a European Super League right? Well say somebody came in and changed those plans returned the Premier League to regular FREE television for the fans, ticket prices lowered, all the best players, all the best teams, still with relegation but with economic safety nets in place for lower leagues etc.....that is what Donald Trump is offering America. Trump is allowing America to be American again, not be something that's picked apart and exploited by people halfway across the globe with 0 care as to the foundations of the institutions they're impacting. Maybe that's a clumsy comparison but that's my best attempt at trying to speak a language you MIGHT take the time to understand instead of immediately get heated about.

Also for what it's worth if ANY fans should pay PPV prices for PL games it should be folks OUTSIDE England. It's not a right thing to do for the fans and it'll ruin the feel of these clubs. Yes the Premier League itself is relatively new all things considered, but Tradition & History have a place in sport (and in geopolitical nationstates). I respect it.....but that's my two cents.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that really what your goal is? Truly? Because I think you're incapable of accepting of the fact that I base my position on similar morals that you hold, but I come out with a different perspective on what the best practice should be. And for my troubles I don't get asked "But why?" I don't get asked "How do you come to that conclusion?" and even if I bothered to explain. If I take the time and lay everything out you still dismiss me as a racist, a bigot, a xenophobe....and yeah that's pretty fucking tiresome.

I understand EXACTLY why some people don't like Trump. In 2016 I wasn't Trump's biggest fan when it came to the RNC primaries, I waited, I watched, I paid attention. He has delivered. And I can say that, but you won't attempt to understand WHAT Trump has delivered or HOW or to WHOM, you'll pop your fingers in your ears and start with the name calling doesn't matter of who (me or Trump) it's just immediately: racist, bigot, classist, xenophobe, homophobe, yada yada yada... your attempt at understanding ends right where that begins and I can't help you not do that.

I'll admit I don't know why the fuck anyone would support Joe Biden....I know full well why people oppose Trump and in my discussions THAT is what I attempt to tackle, but oftentimes that gets derailed. People are EMOTIONAL about Trump and I get that, the media gasses everyone up about it, they actively do it and it's abhorrent. And at times Trump doesn't help himself...but that is again a thing people find endearing about him.

Here's something that I think will translate for you...you know that a few Premier League clubs are looking at a European Super League right? Well say somebody came in and changed those plans returned the Premier League to regular FREE television for the fans, ticket prices lowered, all the best players, all the best teams, still with relegation but with economic safety nets in place for lower leagues etc.....that is what Donald Trump is offering America. Trump is allowing America to be American again, not be something that's picked apart and exploited by people halfway across the globe with 0 care as to the foundations of the institutions they're impacting. Maybe that's a clumsy comparison but that's my best attempt at trying to speak a language you MIGHT take the time to understand instead of immediately get heated about.

Also for what it's worth if ANY fans should pay PPV prices for PL games it should be folks OUTSIDE England. It's not a right thing to do for the fans and it'll ruin the feel of these clubs. Yes the Premier League itself is relatively new all things considered, but Tradition & History have a place in sport (and in geopolitical nationstates). I respect it.....but that's my two cents.

Thank you.

I don't think you are a racist or a xenophobe or a misogynist but that is something i think can be fairly leveled at Trump and many of his supporters. That doesn't exonerate Democrats any more then pointing out corrupt career politicians in the Conservative party excuses dishonest corrupt politicians in the British Labour Party.

I have to admit that i do really struggle to see how anyone could support Trump. I see quite a few people who i thought i knew better than i obviously do, who have no dog in this fight (like me not an American with a vote) playing Devil's advocate and posting a lot of stuff that clearly lacks any kind of verifiable evidence and credence, to try and invalidate anyone who questions Trumps spin. I understand as well that for a Brit like me to be so opinionated here in this thread is probably antagonistic and annoying, and comes across as arrogant for many Americans, and so for that i apologise.

It is fascinating though for many outside of the States and it does affect things. Even here on the forum i sincerely believe that the polarisation has a lot to so with the situation in America. With Brexit it seems many want to align the UK more with America than Europe, and for me that is an absolute mistake. It as not about having a negative view of America. It has far more to do with cultural heritage and history which after all is far more robust and deeply entrenched between Britain and Europe, than with a relatively new country in the States.

I would love to believe that Trump had Americas best interests at heart. I was only saying to Steve on Saturday that we cannot wait to visit one day because for the world America is a dream state. It is a shared vision of openness and grand vistas from the huge landscapes of American cinema to the internal poetic depths of people like John Updike. Steinbeck and Warhol, Hopper, Pollock and the extraordinary Andrew Wyeth have pushed us all around the world to continue looking for new frontiers and horizons when physical borders have all been breached.

Trump for me seems to want to roll that back, much like Johnson in trying to recapture a conservative golden age that has gone, and was always a whitewashed fantasy in many ways, made even more rose tinted by the distorting power of time, hazy recollection and a reduced palette, used by untrustworthy witnesses.
    Last edited by Beanz; 10-27-2020 at 10:53 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information