Likes Likes:  1,986
Dislikes Dislikes:  114
Page 231 of 556 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 8335

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Today in Trump

Why this isn't bigger news is shocking to me, but hey whatcha gonna do?

El Kabong Guest

I see Republican votes 194 in favor and 3 not voting
    Do you see the Democrat votes? 137 in favor to 95 against to 1 voting present and 2 not voting

And boom, just like that President Trump has trolled the Democrats into a bit of a civil war...think those 95 wanting to impeach are just going to chill out? Think they'll forgive & forget this vote when before they even had the vote they're talking about running primary opponents against establishment Democrats?

I mention this because it's important to understand that not everywhere is 100% pure Red or 100% pure blue there are a lot of areas that are closer (a lot closer than where the "Squad" represent) and The Squad is dragging the Democrats farther to the left which is a horrible move politically especially when you KNOW in the next Democrat Primary Debate the candidates will have to beat their chest as who is the biggest baddest supporter of those 4 idiots.....it's going to isolate Joe Biden who has been in the lead and it'll whittle away support for him and it'll spread the votes thin across at least 5 other candidates.

The BEST political response would have been to not make a giant deal out of what Trump says and that goes for damn near everything, but the Dems and MSM can't help themselves they just have to overreact to everything Trump says and does and guess what...TRUMP IS COUNTING ON THAT...Trump's words and actions control the news cycle and what Democrats are asked about...if you change that dynamic then and only then do the Democrats have a chance of beating him in 2020.

There it is laid out in a non-emotional, plain as day, easy to follow post.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. Trump is counting on that and probably even helping it along himself. Hell... you can't blame him for utilizing whatever strategy works for him to get re-elected in 2020. And it seems that a big part of that strategy is painting the entire Democratic party into the same hysterical, extreme, off-the-wall bunch as AOC and a handful of others. Trump probably celebrates every time AOC opens her mouth because, it may not be what the majority of Dems are like (hell.... look at the impeachment vote results you published)...... but it suits the Republican agenda to have people think ALL Dems are carbon copies of AOC.

Fact is.... the Democratic party, if left to its own devices, will implode before the elections. Those who like you mentioned haven't left hysterics mode since November 2016 are doing a HUGE disservice to those serious, more moderate Democrats who probably have a great story to tell..... and good intentions for the country. But it's all being drowned out by the hysterics. Geeeezz... I hate extremism in any shape or form. It's the worst enemy in any issue you would care to discuss. It's what people generally gravitate toward, rendering any useful dialogues useless and unheard.

You know I don't like Trump. I don't like his divisiveness.... I don't like his lack of foreign diplomatic aplomb..... I don't like his pettiness..... I just don't like much about his personality PERIOD. I still feel a good man could take over the White House and do a good job of running the country without being such an asshole. Hell..... fake media has already been exposed..... people are now used to (and expect) politicians being straight shooters. If anything, people shouldn't fall for snake oil salesmen ever again.

But spending this last year and a half wallowing in anti-Trump hate?? Ridiculous, IMO.

I see another Dem debate is coming up, and too bad the lessons from the first debate were not learned.... and it'll just be a replay of the chicken coop cackling all over again. There are some good voices on the fringes who again will not get a word in edgewise, because all people care about is how bad Kamela can trash Biden. Tabloid shit.

El Kabong Guest

AOC: Currently Libra's governed by Facebook, Uber eBay, Spotify, Visa… Were they democratically elected?

Facebook’s Crypto Chief: No, Congresswoman.

AOC: So we're discussing a currency controlled by an undemocratically selected coalition of largely massive corporations.

It's almost like she has no fucking clue who or what the Federal Reserve is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

G.W-2 played an idiot.

Trump plays 4-D chess you can't win.
    He knows SJW will take the bait and double down.

If forced into a boxing metaphor it would be the draw, hey look attack me here.
    The crazy left are so desperate they attack, but Trump has painted the whole establishment as crazy and himself as patriotic.

Trump never enters a scenario he can't win.
    He knows his base and he plays the tune.

Me I've never been to America, but never looked more attractive to work their and become a patriot which is a dirty word in UK.

El Kabong Guest

Dude I feel your pain... hopefully Trump changes the tide of things for everyone worldwide and not by war, not by hate, not by vitriol, but just by having people stand up for what is right because more often than not people of all colors, races, religions, they all want the same thing...peace, prosperity, freedom, liberty, the promise of a future for our children....the political ruling class, the elites who want to enrich themselves or gain more power by apologizing, by accommodating, by being weak to those (foreign and domestic) who do not have our best interests in mind is only welcoming civil unrest, despair, and chaos and I for one don't want those things. I don't want them for me and I don't want them for anyone else either! I want America to be strong and proud and at peace, I want Mexico to be strong and proud and at peace, I want Central America to be full of nations who are strong and proud and at peace. I want it for the Middle East, I want it for Africa, I want it for Europe, I want it for Asia...all people.

Look at leaders of the past and how they acted and the leaders of today and how they act.....appeasement invites trouble. Washington didn't seek to appease King George III and Lord Cornwallis. Washington wanted Freedom, Liberty, and respect and he earned it. Churchill and Gen. Montgomery didn't seek out the mercy of Hitler, they didn't expect him to see the bloodshed and chaos of the Blitz and have him say "oh I'm sorry"....so why do leaders these days act like accommodation, appeasement, self flagellation will get us anywhere but in deeper trouble

I get it they (the political elite, the ruling class) eventually want 1 world government, it's bound to occur at some point in the future just out of shear boredom if nothing else.....but wouldn't it be better if the world looked more like America than say communist China or the former USSR? Wouldn't that be best for all people of the world? But no they just want to drive this square peg into a round hole and fuck the entire world like the Holocaust, Holomodore, Great Leap Forward just weren't enough for them

Yes it's a rant, I don't care, I'm a proud American, I love humanity and I wish they understood just how great things can be instead of wanting to destroy everything and start from scratch....and yeah that's exactly what they want to do, it's actually part of the Green New Deal as a matter of fact.

El Kabong Guest

Gee I wonder why Nancy Pelosi told them to stop tweeting

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Those seems sensible objectives.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Those seems sensible objectives.
    At what cost do those "seem sensible"? 'Medicare for all' on it's own would cost $40 Trillion (and that's for only Americans not illegals who will flood the system) says Bernie Sanders (so you know that is a lowball guess). Then we're talking limiting the freedoms and liberties of average citizens with carbon emission standards. We're talking ACTUAL Fascism/Communism where THE STATE owns the economy....does that tend to work well in the long run?

I'll state again: You can't have a social safety net AND willy nilly immigration AND 'Anthropogenic Climate Change' is a boogeyman used to scare people into giving up their freedom and liberty and another goal of that stupidity is to end capitalism altogether.

The policies espoused by AOC and her ilk are soft in heart (on the surface, they're actually quite hateful policies beneath the surface) but also soft in mind.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have NHS and are aspiring to have a clean environment which does need politicians to take a lead and make policies to that effect. Nothing to do with taking the liberty away from people but promoting sustainable energy.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have NHS and are aspiring to have a clean environment which does need politicians to take a lead and make policies to that effect. Nothing to do with taking the liberty away from people but promoting sustainable energy.
    Yeah your politicians do a great job with things master you play musical chairs at the top of your food chain

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yeah your politicians do a great job with things master you play musical chairs at the top of your food chain
    Conservative and Brexit have screwed the country since 2015 but in general we have a stable government.

El Kabong Guest

Yes and would you say the NHS is fairing well at present and for the foreseeable future because everything I see points to it being underfunded to an extent where you've got a major crisis brewing for the future....now whatever could have strained that system which had worked so well for so long

'Where have all the smokestacks gone?'
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...related-probl/

Not every business owner is a villain from a Captain Planet episode. Again I want a clean environment but at the same time I question those who tout 'Anthropogenic Global Climate Change' for any number of reasons namely the FACT China and India (who pollute a whole bunch) never get guilted into these deals like America does.

And you say "Nothing to do with taking the liberty away from people but promoting sustainable energy" directly or indirectly such laws impact the lives of citizens by new limits imposed on individuals and companies, and heavier taxation (especially on the lower classes). Also the Green New Deal (backed by AOC) would kill millions upon millions of people I'm not even joking about that! They want to replace 100% of coal, oil, shale, natural gas, nuclear with wind and solar (which is impossible in itself). If I were to abide by the GND I'd have to get rid of my vehicle as it runs on gas, but even electric cars wouldn't work as most of them are charged by coal based power plants, I'd have to tear down and rebuild my house (as would everyone else and every business owner), I'm willing to bet I wouldn't have air conditioning (which I can handle but there's a lot of very old or very young or very sick people who can't), and I'd never be able to eat beef or fly in an airplane ever again.....so tell me again about how it's not affecting my liberty.

Yeah I understand the feel good nature of these kind of policies and that's great that people want to do good. I just suggest they make certain they're actually doing GOOD and not headed down the path to Hell which has been paved with good intentions.

IF people truly wanted good clean energy then we'd be seeing MORE nuclear power plants and not less of them. It's the cleanest most efficient fuel and yet the GND wants it gone....why? POWER, CONTROL, and a lowering of life style so everyone (but the ruling elite) live just as the serfs who came before us did....My people have reached the Promised Land Master, I'm not going backwards.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw a large part of that interview with Trump and the Pakistani PM. As I've always said.... Trump's a moron when it comes to foreign diplomacy, no matter what other things he does right.

The advantage I have over most people is that I can pick and choose where I criticize Trump. Trump fans will rarely if ever admit to him doing anything wrong..... and viceversa...... Trump haters will never give him credit for anything.

But then I knew Trump would be like a bull in a china shop on foreign affairs from the get go.

Someone whose resume is that of a businessman who strikes real estate deals for a living doesn't necessarily bode well for handling high ranking officials from foreign states.

Saying shit like "Pakistanis never lie, whereas Iranians are liars" (or something to that effect) is childish and does nothing to help foreign relations in any front.

If he DID put India in an uncomfortable position by sticking his nose where it has no knowledge of decades-old conflicts and trying to oversimplify shit...... then that's on him.

Howeverrrrr.......................

Going back to the outlandish campaign promises by Sanders and the naive wish lists of someone like Ocasio-Cortez........ I would switch sides to an extent (as I'm able to do by being the consummate unbiased person I am ).

Sanders shot himself in the foot by fumbling around with his campaign staff's requests to be raised to $15/hour. Made Bernie look foolish. And yes....... if it were as simple as that, it would've been done already.

But for all the reasons already posted, it's a matter that should be studied and implemented wisely..... not just hold a carrot out to the voters so after the elections they can run into the "brick wall" as always. It's insulting to voters.

AOC's environmental proposals are "pie-in-the-sky". No studies..... no pros and cons..... nothing but let's do it and that's that. Again... there's more to it than that.

FINALLY......... HERE is where I really differentiate myself from the field. (pat on the back)

I was initially a fierce critic of Trump for pulling out of the Paris Accord.

I still feel he should have not just pulled the U.S. out without offering viable alternatives.

But big picture-wise....... how do you keep the planet clean by putting restrictions on a bunch of countries who amount to only 2/3 of the world's ocean pollution..... without addressing the single country that contributes the OTHER third??

You're shackling many other countries, including the U.S.......... and "but noooooooo...... we can't make China do ANYTHING."

Past Presidents were fools if they meekly continued with that. The real answer is in sanctioning China for its failure to correct their massive problem...... AND at the same time have all the countries do their part.

Damn..... hadn't written this much in awhile. Gotta go eat something.

Thread Information