Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Joe will be OK. I can't lean on Joe. Joe wants the best for the country. 50 years of service in government almost. Joe knows how. We need Joe to stay in there and hang tough or we get Kamala.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Joe will be OK. I can't lean on Joe. Joe wants the best for the country. 50 years of service in government almost. Joe knows how. We need Joe to stay in there and hang tough or we get Kamala.
    fuck it, we can go with Patty
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-patty...132015431.html

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Absolute shit show embarrassment taking place. The peoples business literally being held hostage in the name of hunger for power and more tv time. Sign of things to come from these clowns being entrusted with power and responsibility completely in over their heads.

This is good. From a former GOP political consultant, the next two years:

https://resolutesquare.com/articles/...kevin-mccarthy

The debt ceiling vote is going to be fun.

Once the crazy wing of the House GOP start using some new terrorist tactic it just becomes normalised. They're from now on going to vote to block anything they don't like in the future and to hell with the consequence. What happens in 2024 if Biden wins and Trump or whoever the 2024 cult leader is says the election was stolen? 132 of these fuckers voted against certifying Biden's election last time, lots of relative moderates have retired and been replaced by crazies so if the GOP still control the House after the 2024 elections there's no way they're going to certify a Biden win which means he legally cannot stay in office.

I'm pretty sure I've expressed this before, but it merits bringing it up again.

Joe Biden will be 82 by the time he takes office were he to win in 2024 (and have none of those roadblocks you mention). Which means he'd be 86 by the time he finished his term.

Is this something the people really want??

I mean... I've heard "80 is the new 60"... but this is ridiculous.
    Mentally Trump is about 8 years old... So swings and roundabouts (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uhh... who are you, and what have you done with Brock?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McCarthy's first move is to repeal the 87,000 new IRS agents. Very good move

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kevin McCarthy being elected Speaker of the US House of Representatives was very embarrassing for the Republicans and shows how divided they are on Trump.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kevin McCarthy being elected Speaker of the US House of Representatives was very embarrassing for the Republicans and shows how divided they are on Trump.
    True

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-rogan...100445516.html

"Joe Rogan said 'the morons had a king' with Donald Trump during a podcast episode"

Joe Rogan said that "the morons had a king" with former President Donald Trump.

Rogan has previously been dismissive of the former president despite Trump's positive words about him.

Rogan made the comment while speaking to Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy about politics.

Podcaster Joe Rogan said that "the morons had a king" with former President Donald Trump.

Rogan commented on a Thursday episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast while speaking to Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy about politics.

The pair discussed newly sworn-in Republican Rep. George Santos, who has generated controversy after reports revealed he fabricated vast swaths of his resume while campaigning.

Rogan said there would be more candidates like Santos in the future and that politics is a "gross, compromised world."

"I mean, who the fuck is gonna sign off on getting rid of all the special interest groups, getting rid of all the lobbyists? No one. So it's like, that's why it was fascinating to see a guy like Trump getting to power because he was such an outsider," Rogan said in a clip published by Mediaite.

Portnoy agreed and said that the political establishment didn't know how to react to Trump as he behaved in a way they did not expect.

"And the morons had a king. There's a lot of morons," Rogan said. "And it doesn't matter what he's saying, like, for them, he represents them."

"'He's not perfect, but at least he's real' – like there's that sort of thought process that he played with," Rogan said while imitating a Trump supporter.

"And also people that didn't, they didn't feel represented by someone who was ever in charge. And now this guy is, and it's their guy."

Despite Rogan's popularity in right-wing circles, he has previously been dismissive of Trump and has claimed that he has turned down multiple requests for him to appear on his podcast.

"I'm not a Trump supporter in any way, shape, or form. I've had the opportunity to have him on my show more than once. I've said no every time," Rogan said in July. "I don't want to help him. I'm not interested in helping him."

Rogan has also expressed support for Trump's biggest rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who he said would be a "good president."

Trump has previously spoken positively of Rogan, calling him an "interesting and popular guy" and defending him following controversy about the podcast host's past use of the N-word.

Wow.

I've never been a Joe Rogan fan... but I've always assumed he was a big Trump fan. I guess not.

This part:

"And it doesn't matter what he's saying, like, for them, he represents them."

"'He's not perfect, but at least he's real' – like there's that sort of thought process that he played with," Rogan said while imitating a Trump supporter.

"And also people that didn't, they didn't feel represented by someone who was ever in charge. And now this guy is, and it's their guy."

I mean the guy minces no words. It never mattered what he said or how he said it. His fans felt they were being represented.

That speaks volumes in a way that many of us have always believed... but maybe haven't articulated very well.

It makes sense. Once you get people to believe you're representing them... you basically have a blank check to do and say just about ANYTHING. Trump knew this, which is why the infamous quote about shooting someone in the middle of 5th Avenue.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Absolute shit show embarrassment taking place. The peoples business literally being held hostage in the name of hunger for power and more tv time. Sign of things to come from these clowns being entrusted with power and responsibility completely in over their heads.

This is good. From a former GOP political consultant, the next two years:

https://resolutesquare.com/articles/...kevin-mccarthy

The debt ceiling vote is going to be fun.

Once the crazy wing of the House GOP start using some new terrorist tactic it just becomes normalised. They're from now on going to vote to block anything they don't like in the future and to hell with the consequence. What happens in 2024 if Biden wins and Trump or whoever the 2024 cult leader is says the election was stolen? 132 of these fuckers voted against certifying Biden's election last time, lots of relative moderates have retired and been replaced by crazies so if the GOP still control the House after the 2024 elections there's no way they're going to certify a Biden win which means he legally cannot stay in office.

I'm pretty sure I've expressed this before, but it merits bringing it up again.

Joe Biden will be 82 by the time he takes office were he to win in 2024 (and have none of those roadblocks you mention). Which means he'd be 86 by the time he finished his term.

Is this something the people really want??

I mean... I've heard "80 is the new 60"... but this is ridiculous.
    It is not something the people really want. It is however the situation the people have. What are you going to do? Pretty bad for the Democratic party that ancient Joe Biden is the best possible option for 2024 but there you have it. If his health holds up he'll be running.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is it a good move?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems Donald Trump is still the biggest power in the GOP:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1611625510274011136

Also,

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1608885505529380866

Turns out it was $750 after all. The fake news New York Times somehow managed to publish something true when they got hold of Trump's tax returns years ago. How about that.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tron Veinticuatro

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two studies here that the GOP preventing the IRS returning to 1990s staffing levels, changing their mission from auditing low/no income benefit claimants to auditing rich tax cheats and going after the one trillion with a t dollars in tax evasion that happens every year will cost the country money rather than increase revenue. So the first thing the GOP intend to do is to siginificantly increase the deficit:

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/s...37584420265999

https://twitter.com/MarcGoldwein/sta...22432740352030

As far as I know both the House and Senate would have to agree to cancel this spending so I think the IRS still get their money. So it looks like this is a messaging bill to show their donors they're doing what they get paid to do.

The new GOP comes into view:

https://twitter.com/fdwilkinson/stat...10835858890752

and this is good. This is apparently part of a three or four page secret addendum to the stuff McCarthy agreed to to become Speaker:

JUST NOW: The new House rules would:-enable the GOP to defund a criminal investigation into Trump.-defund Office of Congressional Ethics.-enable a Republican being investigated by FBI to investigate the investigators investigating him.I'm voting NO on the rules package.

https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/st...94789723013122

If this was Obama or Biden trying to block ongoing criminal investigations into themselves I'm sure we'd be hearing about it for years afterwards. I wonder how much media coverage this is going to get.

In some ways however the new GOP is exactly the same as the old GOP:

https://twitter.com/WHCOS/status/1612497805385338888

As we discussed before seventy six percent of all government spending is social insurance (Social Security), health insurance (Medicare) and the military. The American government is effectively an insurance company with an army. These parts of government are massively popular. Sixty plus percent of Republican voters, of Trump supporters want to increase SS and Medicare spending, not cut it, and of course Trump ran twice on not cutting these programmes. But the people who fund the GOP hate paying taxes and want to scrap both programmes and turn them into private programmes they can invest in and control. So the GOP are in a position where the only actual significant legislation/policy they support is cutting/eventually ending these massively popular programmes. Which is why you get culture war bullshit turned up to eleven from them nonstop to try and deflect from the actual concrete stuff they want to do. The GOP mullet -- culture war at the front, trickle down at the back.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is it a good move?
    Why is it a good move?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WASHINGTON — A divided House voted on Tuesday to launch a wide-ranging investigation into federal law enforcement and national security agencies, as Republicans promised to use their new power in Congress to scrutinize what they said was a concerted effort by the government to silence and punish conservatives at all levels, from protesters at school board meetings to former President Donald J. Trump.
    On a party-line vote of 221 to 211 with all Democrats opposed, the House approved the formation of the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, which is to be chaired by Representative Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio, the incoming chairman of the Judiciary Committee and a staunch ally of Mr. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/10/u...overnment.html

The irony here is that setting up a McCarthyite committee to investigate legitimate criminal investigations of their cult leader is actual weaponisation of the federal government. This is straight up fascism by the way.

Another committee about to be staffed with the subjects of ongoing criminal investigations. This party is not exactly committed to democratic principles, is it:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1612894642810552320

January 6th reenactors dealt with correctly:

https://twitter.com/FPWellman/status...72139599777792

I hate the phrase "white privilege" but it sums up the difference in treatment between the two countries quite well.

And after the first vote the GOP took was to defund the tax police we now get this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...ing-income-tax

The "fair tax" would shift the burden of taxation even further off top earners and onto the ninety nine percent. Top earners only spend a fraction of their income so would only pay taxes on that fraction. Everybody else who spend all of almost all of their income would bear the full burden of funding the federal government.

Thread Information