Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

https://twitter.com/thefix/status/1238200512006193154

Italy and Iran both fall in the latter category. Jha says that before cases of COVID-19 were first diagnosed, Italy and Iran appeared to be in denial about the disease.
    "I mean, you had the Iran deputy health minister coughing on national television talking about coronavirus," Jha says. "But really not taking it seriously."
    That deputy health minister later tested positive for the virus.
    As people started to get sick, neither Italy nor Iran did much testing. They were slow to stop mass gatherings. Eventually both countries were overwhelmed with cases.
    So how has the United States' response been?
    "Our response is much, much worse than almost any other country that's been affected," Jha says.
    He uses the words "stunning," "fiasco" and "mind-blowing" to describe how bad it is.
    "And I don't understand it," he says incredulously. "I still don't understand why we don't have extensive testing. Vietnam! Vietnam has tested more people than America has."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...=1584048232189

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fed To Pump More Than $1 Trillion Into Financial System

Amid the economic fallout from the coronavirus outbreak, the Federal Reserve is taking significant steps to provide liquidity to the financial markets. The New York Fed said that it will offer banks more than $1 trillion worth of additional short-term cash loans as part of an effort to smooth operations in the Treasury and money markets.
    "These changes are being made to address highly unusual disruptions in Treasury financing markets associated with the coronavirus outbreak," the New York Fed said in a statement.
    In addition to pumping substantial amounts of money into the banking system, the Fed said it will extend its monthly purchases of $60 billion worth of Treasury securities across a range of maturities beyond just short-term T-bills.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...tem-1028991387

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the interests of the banned I would like to take the time to reveal that Lord Brocktonian Block of the Buster has decided that Donald Trump is a bit of an idiot.

El Kabong Guest

Well Trump attempted a travel ban to and from China around the end of January and Joe Biden called it and I quote "hysterical xenophobia"

Soooo hey, what are you going to do?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    If this is the extent of "the media" using the phrase then you just proved my point. One opinion piece in one newspaper is not "the media". Idiot.
    "All the News That's Fit to Print"

It's not news. It's an opinion piece. The NYT employ a range of opinion writers and a huge number of occasional opinion writers. One of these opinion writers who probably has a piece published every few months is not "the media".

It's an example Kirkland. Live with it.

It's one person's opinion. That's not the same thing as "the media". If you can find lots of other examples of people in the media saying the same thing then you have a case. But you can't do that.
    Ok Kirk on I see you are on this thing that the wuhan virus didn’t start in wuhan. Your stupidity is amazing. But the us media saying the trump admin calling it the wuhan or us media mentioning it started in China is xenophobic and you are eating this shit up as well.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are in safe hands...um elbows

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...haKiU56kTj3hSo
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Double yawn

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the guy in the Atlantic was being as equanimous and unbiased as possible. Definitely not one of your run-of-the-mill Trump haters.

But it goes without saying that any criticism of Trump for the past 4 years has never been, and will never be taken as objective by Trump fans.

The author was careful to say that none of what's happening with the virus is Trump's fault, just in case anyone jumped to that conclusion. But it doesn't matter. To those who reject any criticism of Trump, that's exactly what he's saying.

Many world leaders would've fumbled the ball on the virus and its development. But it makes no less undesirable as a quality of a world leader. I personally expect so much more.

The problem with Trump is what it's always been.

His unwillingness and/or incapacity to listen to anyone who isn't kissing his ass.

He takes opposing opinions as treason and as personal attacks. That's when he shows his vindictive side. Not a good look for a President.

I'd venture to say that in that regard alone, most of us adults are probably more qualified to be leaders than Trump.

Again, Trump doesn't lead by inspiring respect. He leads by instilling fear. Huge difference.

It's pointless to say who would've done better. Fact is Trump's the one in charge, and he's been less than up to the task.

My two cents.

El Kabong Guest

I thought the guy in the Atlantic was being as equanimous and unbiased as possible. Definitely not one of your run-of-the-mill Trump haters.
    From the article: "What I explained then, and what I have said many times since, is that Trump is fundamentally unfit—intellectually, morally, temperamentally, and psychologically—for office."

That is 100% your basic run of the mill Never Trumper, it's the textbook definition of it. Guys like David Brooks, Bill Crystal, Rick Wilson, Steve Schmidt. The folks who like weak, easy to hit, pillow soft, "Republicans", the RINO's if you will, small "c" conservatives" These are the kind of folks who CLAIM to have loved Reagan but kind of dozed off when he mentioned "Big bold colors, not pale pastels" in regards to the policy differences between Republicans and Democrats.

'Nor is it the case that the president hasn’t done anything right; in fact, his decision to implement a travel ban on China was prudent. And any narrative that attempts to pin all of the blame on Trump for the coronavirus is simply unfair. The temptation among the president’s critics to use the pandemic to get back at Trump for every bad thing he’s done should be resisted, and schadenfreude is never a good look.'

Trump faced political issues in banning travel to & from China. Joe Biden called it "hysterical xenophobia" and yet the idiot author of that article doesn't say PEEP about that. No, he only says "Now people, don't go celebrating struggles the nation is going through merely because Trump is in charge"....why mention that? Because it's exactly what a lot of people are doing. Not you, and not necessarily the author of the article, but yeah a lot of people come across as "Yay virus, go virus!"

Example Jennifer Rubin https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/15/j...avirus-deaths/ then there's others like Max Boot or anyone at CNN or MSNBC or NYT or WaPo....can't sling a dead cat without hitting someone wanting to spike the ball for this disease that has decided to show up.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the article: "What I explained then, and what I have said many times since, is that Trump is fundamentally unfit—intellectually, morally, temperamentally, and psychologically—for office."

That is 100% your basic run of the mill Never Trumper, it's the textbook definition of it. Guys like David Brooks, Bill Crystal, Rick Wilson, Steve Schmidt. The folks who like weak, easy to hit, pillow soft, "Republicans", the RINO's if you will, small "c" conservatives" These are the kind of folks who CLAIM to have loved Reagan but kind of dozed off when he mentioned "Big bold colors, not pale pastels" in regards to the policy differences between Republicans and Democrats.

Obviously we won't agree, starting right here. Aren't we all entitled to our opinion? If this guy feels Trump is fundamentally unfit for office, he's hardly alone is he. Yet he goes on to give Trump credit for something..... and yet THAT'S not enough. It's a pattern that is repeatedly daily, without fail. There are REPUBLICANS out there... who probably feel the same way, but are terrified to utter a single word, lest they be labeled treasonous or worse by Trump himself and his followers. Again... not a good look for a President.

'Nor is it the case that the president hasn’t done anything right; in fact, his decision to implement a travel ban on China was prudent. And any narrative that attempts to pin all of the blame on Trump for the coronavirus is simply unfair. The temptation among the president’s critics to use the pandemic to get back at Trump for every bad thing he’s done should be resisted, and schadenfreude is never a good look.'

Trump faced political issues in banning travel to & from China. Joe Biden called it "hysterical xenophobia" and yet the idiot author of that article doesn't say PEEP about that. No, he only says "Now people, don't go celebrating struggles the nation is going through merely because Trump is in charge"....why mention that? Because it's exactly what a lot of people are doing. Not you, and not necessarily the author of the article, but yeah a lot of people come across as "Yay virus, go virus!"

First off, thanks for the personal exception. I'm glad we can disagree, even heatedly, without crossing lines. But again, Lyle..... what on Earth do you want?? The guy credits Trump, yet gets dumped on for not having trashed Biden in the process. Aren't we losing our objectivity really really fast here? Those who egg on the virus because they feel it's bad for Trump are idiots.... morons. I'd never say anything different, and I'm pretty sure the article author feels the same way. It's a "damned if you do.... damned if you don't" type of thing with Trump and his supporters.

Example Jennifer Rubin https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/15/j...avirus-deaths/ then there's others like Max Boot or anyone at CNN or MSNBC or NYT or WaPo....can't sling a dead cat without hitting someone wanting to spike the ball for this disease that has decided to show up.

It's fucking ridiculous.

It's ironic, at least to me, that Trump detractors ALL get accused of having TDS..... but the opposite never applies. Never has there been a President above criticism....... NEVER. And that sure isn't about to change with Trump.

El Kabong Guest

Trump detractors get accused of TDS because they operate on EMOTION not on logic, not on reason. Hence the name Trump Derangement Syndrome, he triggers them and they respond with EMOTION and you can read it on that guy.

Said he wasn't voting Trump even though Trump's views more mirrored his own than HRC's views....yet he had this to say "Mr. Trump’s virulent combination of ignorance, emotional instability, demagogy, solipsism and vindictiveness would do more than result in a failed presidency; it could very well lead to national catastrophe. The prospect of Donald Trump as commander in chief should send a chill down the spine of every American." ......yeah, super well reasoned and fair...really quite balanced.

Does he have to like Trump? NO. But have some policy you disagree with, stand against something he actually plans on doing or has done instead of fear monger about well he could POSSIBLY do this he MIGHT do that. That's bullshit.

I disliked Obama and I disliked actual positions he held and policies he touted: ACA, taxes, getting involved in Libya, touting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, his apology tour for America....yeah....not a fan. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I don't like his politics and I don't like his "leadership" I do like Trump and his politics, doesn't mean I agree with him on everything, he's missed a fair few things, but he's getting stuff done more often than not.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump detractors get accused of TDS because they operate on EMOTION not on logic, not on reason. Hence the name Trump Derangement Syndrome, he triggers them and they respond with EMOTION and you can read it on that guy.

Said he wasn't voting Trump even though Trump's views more mirrored his own than HRC's views....yet he had this to say "Mr. Trump’s virulent combination of ignorance, emotional instability, demagogy, solipsism and vindictiveness would do more than result in a failed presidency; it could very well lead to national catastrophe. The prospect of Donald Trump as commander in chief should send a chill down the spine of every American." ......yeah, super well reasoned and fair...really quite balanced.

Does he have to like Trump? NO. But have some policy you disagree with, stand against something he actually plans on doing or has done instead of fear monger about well he could POSSIBLY do this he MIGHT do that. That's bullshit.

I disliked Obama and I disliked actual positions he held and policies he touted: ACA, taxes, getting involved in Libya, touting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, his apology tour for America....yeah....not a fan. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I don't like his politics and I don't like his "leadership" I do like Trump and his politics, doesn't mean I agree with him on everything, he's missed a fair few things, but he's getting stuff done more often than not.

Not all Trump detractors are created equal, much to the chagrin of those who rush to attach the TDS label. The fact that an adult in today's society has the perfectly entitled opinion that Trump isn't fit for office due to his many personality flaws, does not automatically mean they are basing themselves on emotion rather than logic. As I said, NO President should ever be above criticism... and it would be ludicrous to expect Trump to be the first one.

I posted the following lines a few posts back:

"The problem with Trump is what it's always been.

His unwillingness and/or incapacity to listen to anyone who isn't kissing his ass.

He takes opposing opinions as treason and as personal attacks. That's when he shows his vindictive side. Not a good look for a President.

I'd venture to say that in that regard alone, most of us adults are probably more qualified to be leaders than Trump.

Again, Trump doesn't lead by inspiring respect. He leads by instilling fear. Huge difference.

It's pointless to say who would've done better. Fact is Trump's the one in charge, and he's been less than up to the task."

I'll say the following regarding the above:

1. They're all my opinions, albeit opinions shared by a vast majority of people, including people who are too afraid of Trump to speak up. Even many Trump fans will admit to this.

2. They're opinions based on logic. Logic derived by 4 years of observation. Not of biased media... but of observation. Thanks to the miracle of Twitter and televised speeches..... I get it straight from the horse's mouth. I don't have to watch biased commentary on CNN.

3. I've yet to read a rebuttal to any of the points spelled out above. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because they're all true.

I've consistently stated the following things on this forum:

1. I'm willing to give credit to Trump for the things I think he's done right, just like I'm willing to give him criticism over what he's done wrong.

2. In 2016, I consistently chose him over Hillary. I still think Hillary would've taken us straight to hell.

3. I've consistently called out hysterical crybabies (those with REAL Trump Derangement Syndrome) for creating a bigger mess than we already have.

But again..... in this Age of Polarization..... it's all or nothing with Trump. No room for objectivity..... only fanaticism..... to one side or the other.

Thread Information