Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Had some trees knocked over, lost power and went a couple days without a single screen lit up with political babble and D.C strife. I forgot how refreshing that actually was. I highly recommend a quicky political detox. It's a bit like posters who need request bans here because they can't resist logging on . Off to clean out a smelly fridge.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Had some trees knocked over, lost power and went a couple days without a single screen lit up with political babble and D.C strife. I forgot how refreshing that actually was. I highly recommend a quicky political detox. It's a bit like posters who need request bans here because they can't resist logging on . Off to clean out a smelly fridge.
    We've had trees knocked over and power out up here in NC from the same storm.

That being said, I ran across the strain 'Runtz' I highly recommend Spicoli. I'd gladly share if you were nearby, regardless our political differences.....I mean I might razz you but I'd expect the same in return.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    We've had trees knocked over and power out up here in NC from the same storm.

That being said, I ran across the strain 'Runtz' I highly recommend Spicoli. I'd gladly share if you were nearby, regardless our political differences.....I mean I might razz you but I'd expect the same in return.
    No worries dude life is too short. Sitting in 120 mph gusts reasserts perspective and how much time we actually waste on the drama and bs from behind the ol keyboard. Shit man without power you even get to talk to neighbors outside . Glad you made it out of Zetas remnants in one piece.

Know what is a real trip..when a hurricane passes and the next day it's 45 degrees . Totally not used to that down here. Never heard of Runtz but make them clouds son!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you mean the infamous Zkittlez X Gelato ??

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I promise to keep it nice for you when you visit.
    Thank you

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You harp a lot on Buttigieg and that’s fine. He WAS a good candidate and one who could’ve given Trump more than a run for his money. Young, energetic, knowledgeable, and poised. But Biden was already “pre-chosen.” Again… why go through the dog and pony show, if you’ve already got your plan all worked out? As opposed to a lot of other people, I did pay as much attention as I could to the fringe candidates. In debates, it was like trying to hear one fan in the middle of a roaring stadium… hopeless. I still think if the DNC was serious about unearthing good talent, as you say, they’d at least consider thinking outside the box and reexamining their traditional methods to see if there’s room for improvement. Like you, I don’t like Trump. But unlike you, I’m not happy that the DNC machinery spit out Biden as the candidate to oppose him. As far as what some black voters say with regards to Biden… I’m sorry, but what does that even mean? I would think black voters would back a Democratic candidate that would: a) serve their causes best, and b) have the best chance to defeat Trump. One of Trump’s favorite campaign strategies against Biden has been… “I’m new here. What have YOU done in the past 46 years in government?” A newcomer like Buttigieg would have rendered that strategy moot. Recent polling reveals a definite lack of enthusiasm for Biden. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...unger-n1234332 (A bit old, but still applicable). I’ll go further. You can take it to the bank that many Biden votes will be grudgingly cast, more from a fear of a second Trump term, than because Biden is such a glowing candidate (he isn’t). It’s called settling. I’m glad we agree on the Democrats being more fractured and less unified than the GOP. On Election Night… that can’t help but be a huge factor. You’re obviously a diehard Democrat. I’m not. But you happened to mention two areas where I do favor the Democratic Party way of looking at issues. I’ve always felt the extremely wealthy should be called upon to pay their fair share of taxes. And Trump in particular does not believe in this principle. I also feel healthcare should be a universal right… not a luxury for the rich. Of course, within that issue, I favor the moderate stance adopted by guys like Biden who has always championed allowing those who want to keep their private health insurance to keep it. But my original point isn’t Republicans vs. Democrats. It’s why after four years of Trump… was Joe Biden all the Dems could muster to go against him. I’ll tell you why. Because of what I’ve said before. Instead of getting to work on their own Party and their own platform and their own potential candidates… they chose instead to go into full-blown denial and hand wringing and now it’s gonna cost them.
    Every candidate has strengths and weaknesses. Boot is a short, gay McKinsey management consultant. The definition of a coastal elitist. No national legislative experience. Plenty to pick on there. No candidate is perfect and you can't "work" on candidates to make the perfect candidate. You go with what you have. People like Obama and Clinton come along once in a generation. In other years you run the most appealing option. And voters need to see debates. That's just a given. There is no magical outside the box thinking that anybody can come up with that negates that. You can't just manufacture the exact right person that voters want to go for. Biden may not be your cup of tea but he's beating an incumbent prez by ten points in the polls. No challenger to an incumbent has ever done that by the way, not even Reagan against Carter. He must have something that voters like.

And yes a lot of voters are very unenthusiastic about him. Trump voters have boundless enthusiasm. The thing is though an unenthusiastic vote counts exactly the same as an enthusiastic vote. And there is something Democratic voters are incredibly enthusiastic about. Something they'd crawl over broken glass to do. And that's to vote against Donald Trump. It turns out the opportunity to vote against something is an even stronger source of motivation to voters than the chance to vote for something. Political scientists even have a name for this -- negative partisanship.

The GOP have a candidate who inspires massive enthusiasm in their base voters but also massive enthusiasm in the opposition. And Trump plays to his base and turns off independents who are polling against him more than two to one. And the current situation plays into Biden's strengths as a decent, steady, empathetic person. Maybe nominating the least worst candidate who polled best out of all the options against Trump isn't going to cost the Democrats after all.
    Last edited by Kirkland Laing; 10-30-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You harp a lot on Buttigieg and that’s fine. He WAS a good candidate and one who could’ve given Trump more than a run for his money. Young, energetic, knowledgeable, and poised. But Biden was already “pre-chosen.” Again… why go through the dog and pony show, if you’ve already got your plan all worked out? As opposed to a lot of other people, I did pay as much attention as I could to the fringe candidates. In debates, it was like trying to hear one fan in the middle of a roaring stadium… hopeless. I still think if the DNC was serious about unearthing good talent, as you say, they’d at least consider thinking outside the box and reexamining their traditional methods to see if there’s room for improvement. Like you, I don’t like Trump. But unlike you, I’m not happy that the DNC machinery spit out Biden as the candidate to oppose him. As far as what some black voters say with regards to Biden… I’m sorry, but what does that even mean? I would think black voters would back a Democratic candidate that would: a) serve their causes best, and b) have the best chance to defeat Trump. One of Trump’s favorite campaign strategies against Biden has been… “I’m new here. What have YOU done in the past 46 years in government?” A newcomer like Buttigieg would have rendered that strategy moot. Recent polling reveals a definite lack of enthusiasm for Biden. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...unger-n1234332 (A bit old, but still applicable). I’ll go further. You can take it to the bank that many Biden votes will be grudgingly cast, more from a fear of a second Trump term, than because Biden is such a glowing candidate (he isn’t). It’s called settling. I’m glad we agree on the Democrats being more fractured and less unified than the GOP. On Election Night… that can’t help but be a huge factor. You’re obviously a diehard Democrat. I’m not. But you happened to mention two areas where I do favor the Democratic Party way of looking at issues. I’ve always felt the extremely wealthy should be called upon to pay their fair share of taxes. And Trump in particular does not believe in this principle. I also feel healthcare should be a universal right… not a luxury for the rich. Of course, within that issue, I favor the moderate stance adopted by guys like Biden who has always championed allowing those who want to keep their private health insurance to keep it. But my original point isn’t Republicans vs. Democrats. It’s why after four years of Trump… was Joe Biden all the Dems could muster to go against him. I’ll tell you why. Because of what I’ve said before. Instead of getting to work on their own Party and their own platform and their own potential candidates… they chose instead to go into full-blown denial and hand wringing and now it’s gonna cost them.
    Every candidate has strengths and weaknesses. Boot is a short, gay McKinsey management consultant. The definition of a coastal elitist. No national legislative experience. Plenty to pick on there. No candidate is perfect and you can't "work" on candidates to make the perfect candidate. You go with what you have. People like Obama and Clinton come along once in a generation. In other years you run the most appealing option. And voters need to see debates. That's just a given. There is no magical outside the box thinking that anybody can come up with that negates that. You can't just manufacture the exact right person that voters want to go for. Biden may not be your cup of tea but he's beating an incumbent prez by ten points in the polls. No challenger to an incumbent has ever done that by the way, not even Reagan against Carter. He must have something that voters like.

And yes a lot of voters are very unenthusiastic about him. Trump voters have boundless enthusiasm. The thing is though an unenthusiastic vote counts exactly the same as an enthusiastic vote. And there is something Democratic voters are incredibly enthusiastic about. Something they'd crawl over broken glass to do. And that's to vote against Donald Trump. It turns out the opportunity to vote against something is an even stronger source of motivation to voters than the chance to vote for something. Political scientists even have a name for this -- negative partisanship.

The GOP have a candidate who inspires massive enthusiasm in their base voters but also massive enthusiasm in the opposition. And Trump plays to his base and turns off independents who are polling against him more than two to one. And the current situation plays into Biden's strengths as a decent, steady, empathetic person. Maybe nominating the least worst candidate who polled best out of all the options against Trump isn't going to cost the Democrats after all.
    Cause Trumps a , secret agent man

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So Kirk, you still saying Trump is a russian spy? How about all the evidence Schiff said he had when he already knew the story was bogus? Are you just skipping your whole russia thing now? Has enough time passed, probably everyone forgot and you can come back spout other nonsense now. Remember you had Trump dead to rights as a Russian agent. You even posted proof. Guess it was all bullshit
    We already went through this several times. It turned out Mueller found over two hundred meetings between Trump campign people and the Russians, endless collusion, but collusion is not a crime. Conspiracy to defraud the United States of America (of a free and fair election) is a crime but although there was plenty of evidene Mueller was unable to obtain proof beyond reasonable doubt due to Trump people destroying evidence, lying to investigators, giving incomplete testimony, taking the Fifth and so on.

Mueller also laid out ten examples of Trump obstructing justice but could not bring charges due to Trump being a sitting prez. Trump then compounded this criminality by effectively pardoning two of his people who could have incriminated him.

Here's how one of them put it: Stone said of Trump, "He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn't," https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/10/trum...-nbc-news.html

Here's how the GOP led Senate committee report that came out recently saw it: They also lean in on presenting evidence that Trump lied under oath, that Trump dangled pardons in an effort to obstruct justice, and that Trump had corrupt and obstructive motives for commuting Roger Stone's sentence. This is the *BIPARTISAN* account of the facts.

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1296981630993735685

Here's how Trump saw it: He continued: “For 30, 40 years I’ve been watching flippers. Everything’s wonderful and then they get 10 years in jail and they—they flip on whoever the next highest one is, or as high as you can go.”

“I’ve seen it many times,” Trump said. “I’ve had many friends involved in this stuff. It’s called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal.”

The failing @nytimes wrote a Fake piece today implying that because White House Councel Don McGahn was giving hours of testimony to the Special Councel, he must be a John Dean type “RAT.” But I allowed him and all others to testify - I didn’t have to. I have nothing to hide......— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 19, 2018

It's obviously quite rare to hear a senior government official openly embrace the terminology and moral logic of La Cosa Nostra. But this is the president of the Unites States who you may know has taken an oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of the land. And here he is talking like John Gotti.

So who do we believe, the man who has paid $27 million in rich guy justice settlements just since he took office to avoid various criminal prosecutions and trials who says the Russia stuff was a hoax, or actual upright decent men who have dedicated their lives to enforcing the law?
    Last edited by Kirkland Laing; 10-30-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No collusion at all, including where Trump's campaign manager was sharing data with a Russian intelligence agent:

https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/1296187687817424897

Oh, and I'm not living in Britain. And I pay enough American taxes to adequately justify having an opinion on your increasingly crooked system of government.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last three Trump campaign managers:

https://twitter.com/HiraethResists/s...16173424553984

Every fucker around this guy is an outright criminal. Pence isn't but he's the exception that proves the rule. All these criminals around him, an indictment waiting for him when he leaves office followed by an avalanche of investigations, indictments and lawsuits, twenty seven million dollars of settlements to avoid criminal trials just since he took office and this guy is really a white knight who has come to save America from the real criminals, not an obvious conman who is going to be exposed in minute detail once he leaves office.

Let's get this on the record Trump groupies. Trump is the only honest man in government and it's everybody else who are the criminals. Right?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

President Donald Trump has staked a claim to success in his trade war with China on his phase one trade agreement of January 2020. In his self-proclaimed "historic" deal, China committed to purchasing an additional $200 billion of American-made goods and services over 2020 and 2021. Trump has even boasted that the deal "could be closer to $300 billion when it finishes."
    As the US election approaches, however, the evidence indicates that the deal is failing to live up to Trump's pledge.1 The latest official data show that China is falling short, reaching only 53 percent of the expected purchase target through September 2020. In fact, Chinese imports of US goods are now lower than they were before Trump started his trade war with a blitz of US tariffs on Chinese products in 2018.

[...]

One conclusion from the data is obvious. Americans suffered as China's retaliation devastated US exports. Trump's higher tariffs have raised prices for American consumers and costs for American businesses.

[...]

Through three-quarters of 2020, China had purchased just more than one-third of what it pledged in Trump's deal it would buy this year. (The target for full year purchases is $173.1 billion.) China's imports from the United States have failed to catch up to pre-trade war levels, running 16 percent lower than at the same point in 2017.

But China's imports of covered goods from the rest of the world are 20 percent higher in 2020 than 2017 (figure 1, panel b). While the pandemic has hurt demand, China's overall imports in 2020 have done better than imports entering the rest of the world, according to data from the World Trade Monitor.
    The phase one deal does not cover nearly 30 percent of products that the United States exports to China. Not surprisingly, China's imports of uncovered goods have done even worse in 2020—26 percent lower than 2017 levels (figure 1, panel c). On the other hand, China's imports of uncovered products from the rest of the world are up 3.4 percent (panel d).

https://www.piie.com/blogs/trade-and...nd-us-election

El Kabong Guest

Shared polling data? Polling data? Dude

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So Kirk, you still saying Trump is a russian spy? How about all the evidence Schiff said he had when he already knew the story was bogus? Are you just skipping your whole russia thing now? Has enough time passed, probably everyone forgot and you can come back spout other nonsense now. Remember you had Trump dead to rights as a Russian agent. You even posted proof. Guess it was all bullshit
    We already went through this several times. It turned out Mueller found over two hundred meetings between Trump campign people and the Russians, endless collusion, but collusion is not a crime. Conspiracy to defraud the United States of America (of a free and fair election) is a crime but although there was plenty of evidene Mueller was unable to obtain proof beyond reasonable doubt due to Trump people destroying evidence, lying to investigators, giving incomplete testimony, taking the Fifth and so on.

Mueller also laid out ten examples of Trump obstructing justice but could not bring charges due to Trump being a sitting prez. Trump then compounded this criminality by effectively pardoning two of his people who could have incriminated him.

Here's how one of them put it: Stone said of Trump, "He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn't," https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/10/trum...-nbc-news.html

Here's how the GOP led Senate committee report that came out recently saw it: They also lean in on presenting evidence that Trump lied under oath, that Trump dangled pardons in an effort to obstruct justice, and that Trump had corrupt and obstructive motives for commuting Roger Stone's sentence. This is the *BIPARTISAN* account of the facts.

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1296981630993735685

Here's how Trump saw it: He continued: “For 30, 40 years I’ve been watching flippers. Everything’s wonderful and then they get 10 years in jail and they—they flip on whoever the next highest one is, or as high as you can go.”

“I’ve seen it many times,” Trump said. “I’ve had many friends involved in this stuff. It’s called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal.”

The failing @nytimes wrote a Fake piece today implying that because White House Councel Don McGahn was giving hours of testimony to the Special Councel, he must be a John Dean type “RAT.” But I allowed him and all others to testify - I didn’t have to. I have nothing to hide......— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 19, 2018

It's obviously quite rare to hear a senior government official openly embrace the terminology and moral logic of La Cosa Nostra. But this is the president of the Unites States who you may know has taken an oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of the land. And here he is talking like John Gotti.

So who do we believe, the man who has paid $27 million in rich guy justice settlements just since he took office to avoid various criminal prosecutions and trials who says the Russia stuff was a hoax, or actual upright decent men who have dedicated their lives to enforcing the law?
    Mueller the impeccable man who lied before congress under bush. Mueller who had evidence the whole thing was a set up and didn’t release it. Mueller, ya great reliable guy. Just a glitch deleted all his communications, I hate when that happens

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Wildest part is when he said this in Wisconsin, few questioned why would small towns like Oshkosh, Muskego, Mukwonago, New Berlin, Green Bay and his recent stop in Waukesha lean his way yet report covid cases rising? so what gives these doctors in conservative leaning counties are not being held accountable for fixing the numbers, if his statement is true?

One reason to understand how some accept such words can be seen with their recent disdain for mailing absentee votes via the Republican Party for Trump in Wisconsin: Why mailing in your absentee ballot is not recommended:
    1. All mail in eastern Wisconsin is processed through the City of Milwaukee Central Post Office. (Don't do this! Remember the postal union endorsed Biden!)

https://www.waukeshagop.org/

In other words, before this prez, the Republican party of Wisconsin never spoke ill of the mail system as being politically biased, now they are. So no wonder this prez can just say doctors make money off covid.
    Sure it is possible that there are cronies everywhere, but of all people to push it the prez? And of all counties reporting a surge in numbers again are conservative leaning in the state.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 11-01-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information