Thread: Groves-Cox ITV PPV (streeeeam?)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves-Cox ITV PPV (streeeeam?)

I thought it was a terrific few rounds. Cox showed what a wasted talent he is before Groves size, skill and experience drained him of his confidence. Before the excellent finishing shot (that Groves had been drilling him with from the start) Cox looked like he lost heart to me, he landed his best shots and knew Groves was much stronger than him, I didn't expect him to get up even though it was a crippling shot.

The way Groves-Jr has come about is brilliant. That is easily top of the all-Brit clashes I would currently choose to see (barring AJ-Fury).

I was convinced Groves would lose to Jr last week but he's got size, is the better outside fighter, sharper puncher and most importantly is so experienced at elite world-level.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I thought it was a terrific few rounds. Cox showed what a wasted talent he is before Groves size, skill and experience drained him of his confidence. Before the excellent finishing shot (that Groves had been drilling him with from the start) Cox looked like he lost heart to me, he landed his best shots and knew Groves was much stronger than him, I didn't expect him to get up even though it was a crippling shot.

The way Groves-Jr has come about is brilliant. That is easily top of the all-Brit clashes I would currently choose to see (barring AJ-Fury).

I was convinced Groves would lose to Jr last week but he's got size, is the better outside fighter, sharper puncher and most importantly is so experienced at elite world-level.
    I hope your right but I'm still split on this fight, I favour Groves but only slightly, Groves fights low, his defense is low and if Jr can get on the inside then Groves will be there for that uppercut.
    that along with the volume from Jr could cause Groves problems.

If Groves can keep Jr at distance and if his power keeps Jr from just walking through him then Groves will have a terrific chance

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Interviewer: so Jr who got the better of who when you sparred George Groves
    Jr: well you know sparring doesn't mean anything it's just training isn't it

Interviewer: so Jr is it fair to say you haven't been in with anyone of Groves quality before
    Jr: not in an actual fight but I've sparred with top quality opposition and we all know how that went
    Yeah, and the the other day, that tool Eubank was saying "Yeah I had the measure of him in sparring, I won 90% of the spars."
    He did a bit of Backstroke once he was stood up there with Groves.
    It is well known in the boxing sparring world that Eubank gave Groves that black eye before the Froch fight.
    If you punch someone in the eye it will go black. It happens. Doesn't mean all that much, does it really?
    Exactly!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I hope your right but I'm still split on this fight, I favour Groves but only slightly, Groves fights low, his defense is low and if Jr can get on the inside then Groves will be there for that uppercut.
    that along with the volume from Jr could cause Groves problems.

If Groves can keep Jr at distance and if his power keeps Jr from just walking through him then Groves will have a terrific chance
    I was making the point that watching Groves and Jr come face-to-face last night made me slightly waiver from last weeks thoughts - hence why it's a great matchup/fight.

I am fully in the Jr sparko's him camp at the moment.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves looked a bit ragged but he often does and then for somebody who apparently isn't a puncher pulls another stoppage out of the bag. I think for all his flash Eubank JR may also find out that however good your chin is you can't just exchange sparring for championship experience. JR leaves himself open a lot, even when throwing his trademark uppercut he is eminently taggable. The right that dropped Froch (whose beard is every bit as good as, if not better than Jr's) was not a freak lucky lunge, it was the third or forth right he clocked him with in short spell, because he is deceptively fast and accurate. Jr likes to hold and reset but Groves is too big and savvy to let him do that and I can see him stopping Eubank spectacularly.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information