Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Errol Spence Jr vs Lamont Peterson in January.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence Jr vs Lamont Peterson in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Garcia isn’t getting anywhere near Spence. And it wouldn’t be a good fight if he did. He’s too damned slow of foot to compete with Spence. It would be a brutal beat down
    Nothing wrong with a proper beat down of Garcia..it's long overdue..perhaps a KO of Garcia would send another message to the division and Thurman will have to fight Spence early 2019.

Another worry is that Thurman will milk the injury until the end of 2018..hoping that Crawford will fight Spence first.
    Oh Thurman has of course already said Spence and Crawford should fight. As soon as Crawford said he was coming for Thurman. Thurman always tells other guys who they should fight. He wants no part of either. I'd love to see Spence vs Crawford but I don't see Bob allowing it. They've set up the standard TR route, get the WBO belt then explain why fighting those other guys makes no sense.
    To be fair to Crawford, his first fight at 147 will be for a title and he has never shown a tendency previously to avoid anyone. I think that's the best fight to be made at the weight. Thurman although having unified titles has lost all that momentum with the layoff and unenthusiastic interest in Spence or Crawford.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Garcia isn’t getting anywhere near Spence. And it wouldn’t be a good fight if he did. He’s too damned slow of foot to compete with Spence. It would be a brutal beat down
    Nothing wrong with a proper beat down of Garcia..it's long overdue..perhaps a KO of Garcia would send another message to the division and Thurman will have to fight Spence early 2019.

Another worry is that Thurman will milk the injury until the end of 2018..hoping that Crawford will fight Spence first.
    Oh Thurman has of course already said Spence and Crawford should fight. As soon as Crawford said he was coming for Thurman. Thurman always tells other guys who they should fight. He wants no part of either. I'd love to see Spence vs Crawford but I don't see Bob allowing it. They've set up the standard TR route, get the WBO belt then explain why fighting those other guys makes no sense.
    To be fair to Crawford, his first fight at 147 will be for a title and he has never shown a tendency previously to avoid anyone. I think that's the best fight to be made at the weight. Thurman although having unified titles has lost all that momentum with the layoff and unenthusiastic interest in Spence or Crawford.
    Yeah, I'm not saying anything against Crawford. I just don't see Bob allowing it. Manny didn't, hasn't and won't fight the big young writers too. No fault of Manny, he would if told to. Same with Crawford, he'd fight anyone but will fight who Bob says to fight. I hope to be wrong, to me Spence vs Crawford is the best fight that could currently be made.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear ya and Top Rank has a few welters that they could keep Crawford busy with (Vargas, Ponomarev). I just hope Crawford forces Bob's hand and demands the Spence fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear ya and Top Rank has a few welters that they could keep Crawford busy with (Vargas, Ponomarev). I just hope Crawford forces Bob's hand and demands the Spence fight.
    Top rank fighters fight only top rank fighters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I'm not saying anything against Crawford. I just don't see Bob allowing it. Manny didn't, hasn't and won't fight the big young writers too. No fault of Manny, he would if told to. Same with Crawford, he'd fight anyone but will fight who Bob says to fight. I hope to be wrong, to me Spence vs Crawford is the best fight that could currently be made.
    What's this fool on about? Nobody demanded Manny fight writers, no money in it

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Arum worked with Haymon for Crawford/ Molina.

Looks like Ocampo may be the lamb to the slaughter.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob will work with Haymon when it is majorly in his favor. Spence/Crawford has multiple roadblocks.

1)Spence might win
    2)Spence gets paid

If Spence was cheap and a sure win, no problem. But that isn't the case.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob will work with Haymon when it is majorly in his favor. Spence/Crawford has multiple roadblocks.

1)Spence might win
    2)Spence gets paid

If Spence was cheap and a sure win, no problem. But that isn't the case.
    I understand that, but with Thurman and co. not wanting to play ball those 2 may have to seek out each other.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information