Thread: Wow! Ban Police have been busy!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wow! Ban Police have been busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I generally like Walrus, but think he went a bit too far with his revelation that he used to participate in rape simulation exercises. Gamo was being the bigger idiot though. I'm not keen on this neanderthal approach to women, or men for that matter. There is an aspect of lad culture that disgusts me really and I know it is uncool to say that on a boxing forum and it makes everyone think I am gay, but I don't care. It is what it is. Hopefully Walrus will go to church, say sorry to Jesus, and come back a bit better. I'm sure it will only be a short ban.

The thing is even if someone wants a movie role or something like that, you as a person with responsibilities have a duty not to abuse your position. You see it in all areas such as with some politicians, priests, film producers, tv presenters. Somehow some of them are getting away with serious crimes and it doesn't help with attitudes like 'They deserved it anyway' or 'Most girls are whores'. I sometimes wondered why I have to do sexual harrassment seminars as it would never cross my mind to harrass someone, but threads like the recent ones make me realise we probably need a lot more education on the topic.
    how dare you say about what Walrus wrote about what he did with his ex-girlfriend.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is up to people what they get up to, but if I think it is messed up I will describe it as such Brock. You have been liking all of these posts by Gamo as well which suggests you like all of this. Personally I do not and wish everyone would calm down.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is up to people what they get up to, but if I think it is messed up I will describe it as such Brock. You have been liking all of these posts by Gamo as well which suggests you like all of this. Personally I do not and wish everyone would calm down.
    Gamo had some good points and some bad IMHO on the Weinstein topic

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Do they vet you before you're allowed to teach? Would you qualify to teach children? I assume the rules are different per country?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Do they vet you before you're allowed to teach? Would you qualify to teach children? I assume the rules are different per country?
    Are you referring to that I said gamo had some good and also some bad points?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're an English teacher, right? Just wondering what checks you get before being unleashed into an educational position? Is it different if you teach children?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamo knew some boxing. Unfortunately he was also a thick twat who dug his own holes all over the boards, hence the shovel. Some shit is funny, and some shit is simply shit.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're an English teacher, right? Just wondering what checks you get before being unleashed into an educational position? Is it different if you teach children?
    Educational and experience checks, and I teach adults. Why?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why? You're a teacher, I assume you have experience (know).

So it's impossible to determine the credibility/character unless the teacher had a criminal record (previous misdemeanor?)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why? You're a teacher, I assume you have experience (know).

So it's impossible to determine the credibility/character unless the teacher had a criminal record (previous misdemeanor?)
    Well some countries think like that for example South Korea requires an extensive criminal record check for their teachers before issuing the Visa. However many other countries do not require an extensive criminal background check or even any whatsoever. I am sensing that in your own British way you are trying to get at something here and you are simply beating around the bush so why not just come out and ask me what you really want to ask.

FACT.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster however on occasion there are certainly those whack-job psychotic types for example like the shooter in Las Vegas who had to undergo for psychiatric tests over the past 20 years in order to obtain the type of weapons that he purchased and he passed all of those tests with flying colors according to all of the interviews that he had. So even then those kind of background checks and tests cannot always detect a ticking time-bomb if you know what I mean. and oh how I am getting the feeling that you do certainly know what I mean 😇😇😇😇😇😈😈😈😈😈

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow... sad to see GaMo and walrus get banned. This not being able to log on regularly really sucks.

Sifting through some of their last posts, I can only guess it mostly had to do with the sexual harassment and abuse issues surrounding this Harvey Weinstein guy. Can't say I knew much of Weinstein before this, and I don't usually follow the social news regarding any of these Hollywood people.

I never had too many issues with either guy.... maybe a short disagreement with walrus once.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have been in daily contact with walrus by International SMS texting. He continues to say that he got no forewarning or no I'm not even a peep as he says. However I told him that I had a feeling it had to do with the role-playing thing that he mentioned that he used to do with an ex-girlfriend. That was quite vile indeed I told him myself well I mean he has a right to do whatever he wants and privacy but then to put it on a form I guess that was what cross the line. He has told me that he has received word from a mod that is a permanent ban but I don't know if he is just joking me or not

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

International SMS texting eh? Flash bastard
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    International SMS texting eh? Flash bastard
    haha, I like that.

Cheers. Can you or even @Master pick me out of this line up?

Attached Images

Thread Information