Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Ward is going to come back...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Ward is going to come back...

Give him about a year and a half, a little less, and he will come back and all on his mind will be Superman Stevenson. He KNOWS he can't just leave it like "that"....

What he is going to do is fight a blown up SuperMiddleweight- like a Brophy, or Chudinov, or Nielsen or Smith. Then the talks about a Stevenson fight, if Stevenson remains on top, will start to ruminate... but before that he will take on two "ok" Light Heavies- A Joe Smith, or Bivol, but not as dangerous as Beterbiev, but more along the lines of Jack, Alvarez or Koelling... and then MONEY is to be made.

Unless they pump up Beterbiev and/or Alvarez, and either one of them beats Stevenson, it makes no sense to come back for less money just to fight.

The only thing that can take shape is a HEAVY MONIED prize/title fight against Stevenson. OR the man that beat Stevenson and the MONEY is and how it is set up is "right".

But odds are a Ward/Stevenson fight needed to happen. We know it, and they know it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward is going to come back...

Doubt Stevenson is still holding a belt by the time Ward decides to return. Not really interested in that fight anyone. Ward still has unfinished business for me with Kov. A return against the guy who emerges as top top at 175 would be nice tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Doubt Stevenson is still holding a belt by the time Ward decides to return. Not really interested in that fight anyone. Ward still has unfinished business for me with Kov. A return against the guy who emerges as top top at 175 would be nice tho.
    Kov is done to me. Just admit it: Ward was better. I wish not to see another Manny/JMM saga where Manny CLEARLY won 3 of the four fights, but JMM wants to fight until he wins. It solves nothijng.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think retire means retire for Ward.

I think he will be the exception to the rule of boxers coming back.

The Kov fights were hard won victories which took a lot out of him and respect for him to take the biggest and baddest opponent to win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Kov is done to me. Just admit it: Ward was better. I wish not to see another Manny/JMM saga where Manny CLEARLY won 3 of the four fights, but JMM wants to fight until he wins. It solves nothijng.
    OK. We obviously have different understandings of the word. I thought Kov won the first fight. Ward may have stopped Kov clearly in the second, or Kov may have recovered and got the decision but the ref ruined it for both guys.

Seeing Pac sprawled on the canvas proved something.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK. We obviously have different understandings of the word. I thought Kov won the first fight. Ward may have stopped Kov clearly in the second, or Kov may have recovered and got the decision but the ref ruined it for both guys.

Proved that JMM needed PEDs to get a decisive win? In a fight he was losing on the cards, again

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Proved that JMM needed PEDs to get a decisive win? In a fight he was losing on the cards, again
    Really? Did Marquez fail any tests? Wasn't it Pac turning down Floyd due to Olympic style drug testing? Those in glass houses and all. Score cards don't matter when the other guy is dribbling on the canvas. The argument can be made that Marquez should have won the first 3 fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think retire means retire for Ward.

I think he will be the exception to the rule of boxers coming back.

The Kov fights were hard won victories which took a lot out of him and respect for him to take the biggest and baddest opponent to win.
    Well said Master.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as he's smart with his money there should be no reason for him to return. Fighters find it hard to shake the itch tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1)there is no interest in Stevenson
    2)how you rate fighters at LHW is wrong
    3)Manny did not clearly win 3 of 4

Other than the words the posts are largely correct.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big Kov fan, Alpha... but that last Ward fight left me deflated. The ref's quick trigger notwithstanding, Kov wilted inexplicably under Ward's body assault. I'm no Ward fan, either. But I grudgingly give him his credit for the win. I've love for them to do it again, but two things have to happen. Kov has to get his head straight and go back to being the ruthless destroyer he is. The other thing, much harder to accomplish, is to get another fight with Ward. Ward has nothing to gain and everything to lose by going back in the ring with Kov. He can claim he's beat him twice... and move on to greener pastures. Ward will be looking to preserve his "0", so I don't see him risking a lucky bomb from Stevenson, clumsy and unorthodox as he might be. Let's see what happens.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about Badou Jack?

If he keeps winning and looking good is he an option?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I'm a big Kov fan, Alpha... but that last Ward fight left me deflated. The ref's quick trigger notwithstanding, Kov wilted inexplicably under Ward's body assault. I'm no Ward fan, either. But I grudgingly give him his credit for the win. I've love for them to do it again, but two things have to happen. Kov has to get his head straight and go back to being the ruthless destroyer he is. The other thing, much harder to accomplish, is to get another fight with Ward. Ward has nothing to gain and everything to lose by going back in the ring with Kov. He can claim he's beat him twice... and move on to greener pastures. Ward will be looking to preserve his "0", so I don't see him risking a lucky bomb from Stevenson, clumsy and unorthodox as he might be. Let's see what happens.
    Definitely have to give Ward credit for facing the boogie man of the division. Like I've said previously I felt Kov won the first and both guys were robbed of a definitive ending in the second. I agree Ward won't give Kov anther shot if he returns.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    How about Badou Jack?

If he keeps winning and looking good is he an option?
    Jack is a possibility but 175 is a bit of a minefield to get through at the moment.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Definitely have to give Ward credit for facing the boogie man of the division. Like I've said previously I felt Kov won the first and both guys were robbed of a definitive ending in the second. I agree Ward won't give Kov anther shot if he returns.
    I hope you aren't suggesting Ward has something to fear. Because Ward took his soul. Sucks it ended on a low blow. But Kov was done long before that, he wanted out and no more of what Ward was giving him.

It's rare you can actually see a fighters spirit break. I'm honestly surprised Kov didn't retire.

Thread Information