Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bellew v Haye 2... Repeat of the first?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew v Haye 2... Repeat of the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think the best result would be a double KO.

I would love that too.

It's a bit of a joke fight really & there's no way it should have so much prominence.

Bellew isn't an HW, win, lose or draw & David Haye is just a con man.

As far as I'm concerned, he has never beaten a truly decent HW, although you could argue that Monte Barrett wasn't too bad.

He's only fought one decent HW & he got owned & blamed his toe!

Haye has boxed himself into a corner & he has to win spectacularly & then he has show that he is serious & take on an HW that doesn't moonlight as a waxwork dummy, or that isn't clinically dead, but I can't see that happening.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    If Bellew wins he’ll get a couple of more big pay days.

I’d pick Bellew to beat Wilder but can’t see him troubling Joshua
    You reckon Bellew would beat Wilder? Interesting.
    Stop being polite. That is just plain stupid to think Bellew could beat a super heavyweight like Wilder. Just too big. Even Parker would beat Bellew with ease.

Bellew will retire after this fight win or lose. Guaranteed.
    Unlike you, i like to debate politely and respect other people's opinions.
    Piss off
    I was just seeing who’d pick up on it. Of course I don’t. Though I do accept he’s the most talked about heavyweight outside of the champions.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is allegedly injured and might be pulling out.
    No other info just rumour at the moment.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/bo...rematch-injury

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not exactly the most trustworthy sources but here's another one.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...er-threat/amp/

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Achilles again

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/...er-in-jeopardy

World Boxing News heard late on Saturday the news David Haye may have to pull out of his scheduled rematch with Tony Bellew on December 17.

Digging a little deeper and without reporting the rumour immediately, WBN have since learned Haye's troublesome achilles is the culprit and could mean the two-weight world champion may have to retire.

The injury hampered Haye during his March clash with Bellew, in which the 37 year-old was stopped for only the second time in his 15 year professional stint at London's O2 Arena.

A second bout was due to take place in five weeks' time, although Haye is rated as touch and go to take part and may be forced to step away from boxing should the ailment continue to be a problem.

With a paycheck in the millions on the line, Haye will predictably give his recovery every chance before calling off a fight which was being billed as redemption for a defeat the heavyweight is adamant should never have happened.

Haye had his achilles checked in the run-up to the initial meeting with Bellew, and despite reportedly being told he wasn't one hundred percent by doctors, the Londoner still went through with the fight only to be severely hampered during the defeat.

This time around, and after several months including surgery to correct the problem, it's hard to see how Haye could carry on with any sort of future encounter if there's no improvement after eight months.

Promoter Eddie Hearn was staging an event on a Sunday for only the second time in his Matchroom tenure, but should Haye confirm his cancellation - which is a very real possibility - the plug would then have to be pulled on the Sky Box Office date.

Should the fight continue, Bellew's underdog odds of 9/4 with some UK bookmakers would alter dramatically to combat what could be a fourth loss for Haye next month.

In the co-feature, British super-middleweight champion Rocky Fielding is set to battle Erik Skoglund in his bid to push forward towards a world title shot.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely no surprise whatsoever. No way at his age, with the lack of running these guys do is his Achilles going to mend.
    I said before this would happen and he should retire immediately. And the major bonus is, if this fight is off, I can see Bellew retiring as well.
    Where is he gonna make the same kind of money ? Whyte? nah. Tyson Fury comeback? Maybe, but no guarantee of that ever happening either. So Bellew will be fucked as well.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely no surprise whatsoever. No way at his age, with the lack of running these guys do is his Achilles going to mend.
    I said before this would happen and he should retire immediately. And the major bonus is, if this fight is off, I can see Bellew retiring as well.
    Where is he gonna make the same kind of money ? Whyte? nah. Tyson Fury comeback? Maybe, but no guarantee of that ever happening either. So Bellew will be fucked as well.
    What is it with them not running these days? I know Conor McGregor doesn't run at all and I'm pretty sure that Wilder doesn't do any running either

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    What is it with them not running these days? I know Conor McGregor doesn't run at all and I'm pretty sure that Wilder doesn't do any running either
    I think it's ridiculous.everybody tries to use "Modern Technology " and New Age training methods, it's bollocks. At the end of the day, a Boxer still needs miles in his legs.
    I'd bet a pound to a piece of shit that Floyd did his fair share of roadwork.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The impact of running on the knees and other joints are damaging the older you get and if you are injured then it makes them worse. Tyson Fury at his peak hardly did any road work.

I would be so happy if this event is called off.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The impact of running on the knees and other joints are damaging the older you get and if you are injured then it makes them worse. Tyson Fury at his peak hardly did any road work.

I would be so happy if this event is called off.
    Mate, I don't care how much knees and joints are damaged, without some miles in your legs , you will always struggle to make the distance. "Fury at his Peak!" sorry I must've missed that, I just saw someone throw single digit punches per round one night and get away with it. Master gameplan never to be repeated. anyway, I've seen footage of Tyson running in the hills and countryside at the time that he was such a superhero. Even the bit when he tried to jump the gate and went flying !
    I'm not saying that they have to run marathons , but they all need miles in their legs . There is no excuse, fuck me , nowadays you can even get access to Anti Gravity treadmills, they are Brilliant! (I've tried them) top Footballers and Rugby players use them as a rehab tool when they have had knee injuries etc.
    I would love @AdamGB to reply to this with his thoughts , because although he hasn't posted for years to my knowledge, he seemed to be extremely knowledgeable about boxing training techniques.
    final note. regarding Conor McGregor not running, that is a perfect example of why you need to! He gassed badly in the later rounds because he never had any stamina. It's not like the fight was fought at an unusually fast pace.
    He gets away with it in MMA, because fights are more explosive and never last as long . But it's just yet another startling example of bad preparation from him and his team. I really can't believe the world fell for this bullshit, but hey I've got to let it go!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-14-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Haye has pulled out. Bicep injury

He’s finished

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    So Haye has pulled out. Bicep injury

He’s finished
    Thankfully I think this will be the last we hear from him in a boxing ring.

He's a cunt...that is all.
    Last edited by Master; 11-21-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he says bicep injury he means achilles has gone again and he does not want to risk it as he did last time and look like an idiot limping around and getting stopped by a fat heavyweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many times has he let fans down and cancelled. I’ve been a victim of his twice and lost money.

Twat

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not really gonna try to stick up for David Haye, but he's in a position where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't! If he has an injury , then he shouldn't go ahead with the fight. Whether he's finished or whether they fight on another date, well that's a different story.
    He's old and just cos he sees an Adonis in the mirror doesn't mean his in shape to fight. He should retire , his Body is telling him that, but I don't think he'll be listening.
    I'm actually pleased the fight is off . It's a shit fight that's only purpose is to con the public.

Thread Information