Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we boxing fans supposed to take this shit seriously?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Are we boxing fans supposed to take this shit seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    A thread started to encourage "boxing" fans to bash the UFC creates friendly discussion between a bunch of UFC fans... the irony.
    I didn't USE to enjoy MMA, but because of boxing not being willing to address the RAMPANT corruption inherent in the sport AND the refusal of fighters to make the big fights happen boxing will continue to bleed out fans.

The UFC is a growing brand, boxing is withering on the vine right now because big fights aren't happening and MMA fans (which I certainly don't consider myself a true diehard of the sport) could even claim Floyd Mayweather Jr got his biggest payday and one of his tougher fights from an MMA fighter. That is NOT GOOD for boxing.
    What a stupid thing to say. "Withering on the vine"?

What you mean is that there are no American superstars involved in big fights.

GGG - Canelo ..pretty big fight

Rigo -Loma...wtf is not to like about that one?

Joshua and Wilder heading towards a HW mahoosive fight

Hell even Wlad v AJ was the most fan friendly HW fight in years. Casuals and boxing fans alike would have loved that.

Maybe you should go an watch your Wrasslin
    My fault, sorry I posted anything at all....carry on Beanz
    Bloody hell..stop being so hyper sensitive.

Do you really think boxing is in that bad a shape?

Want me to actually answer that or are you just going to bitch endlessly either way?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A thread started to encourage "boxing" fans to bash the UFC creates friendly discussion between a bunch of UFC fans... the irony.
    I didn't USE to enjoy MMA, but because of boxing not being willing to address the RAMPANT corruption inherent in the sport AND the refusal of fighters to make the big fights happen boxing will continue to bleed out fans.

The UFC is a growing brand, boxing is withering on the vine right now because big fights aren't happening and MMA fans (which I certainly don't consider myself a true diehard of the sport) could even claim Floyd Mayweather Jr got his biggest payday and one of his tougher fights from an MMA fighter. That is NOT GOOD for boxing.

Hell even Wlad v AJ was the most fan friendly HW fight in years. Casuals and boxing fans alike would have loved that.

Want me to actually answer that or are you just going to bitch endlessly either way?
    Yes..that is actually the point of a forum. Many people even agree to disagree.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Yes you want me to answer or yes you're going to bitch endlessly either way?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes you want me to answer or yes you're going to bitch endlessly either way?
    Are you trying to stop me from posting or something? It's a pretty simple question.

'Do you really think boxing is in that bad a shape?'
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Are you trying to stop me from posting or something? It's a pretty simple question.

'Do you really think boxing is in that bad a shape?'
    I'm not stopping you from doing anything, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Yes, boxing is in THAT bad of a shape at least in the United States. In the United States amateur boxing has been failing for quite some time, professional "star" boxers are fading out and there's nobody to take their place. Poor judging, shit promoting, delays in big time fights, fans are fed up with it and they're choosing MMA more and more. This is not what I WANT to say it's reporting the FACTS. Mexican fighters, Puerto Rican fighters, Irish-American, Italian-American, Polish-American CAN all have their fan bases especially in certain cities, but on the national level boxing in America is dying and has been for a long time.

Floyd vs Pac took too long, RJJ vs Hopkins II took too long, GGG-Canelo was judged horribly....the TRENDS in boxing as far as American fans and American fighters go it isn't good, does not bode well for the sport in general.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ah.....

I am sure we will manage just fine without the Good U s of A. I think rumours of it's death on your shores are hugely exaggerated. Canelo -GGG was judged by a myopic lackey but that is hardly new and the fight was a very good one on many levels. You have quality boxers like Spence and Crawford, a nice big gobshite like Wilder for people to boo and cheer equally and then because of the internet and global TV, you can watch the quality fights from all over the world. Boxing is in more than rude health it is thriving. Everyone has been saying it is on it's last legs since day dot and it is just rubbish.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

ah.....

I am sure we will manage just fine without the Good U s of A. I think rumours of it's death on your shores are hugely exaggerated. Canelo -GGG was judged by a myopic lackey but that is hardly new and the fight was a very good one on many levels. You have quality boxers like Spence and Crawford, a nice big gobshite like Wilder for people to boo and cheer equally and then because of the internet and global TV, you can watch the quality fights from all over the world. Boxing is in more than rude health it is thriving. Everyone has been saying it is on it's last legs since day dot and it is just rubbish.

If Undefeated AJ and Undefeated Wilder do not fight each other ASAFP then boxing is useless, boxing will be what College Football used to be, no true champion, a rudderless ship.

There are quality fighters but they are not superstars....gone are the days of De La Hoya and Mosley and Tyson and Holyfield, those were guys who had their faces on cereal boxes, they were in ESPN commercials, they were doing movies, and WrestleMania, and so on....but those days are gone and they aren't coming back. The biggest commercial success in boxing in the USA is Floyd Mayweather Jr and he has poisoned the well.

Thank you for the dismissive attitude, I appreciate it and will certainly remember to return it, cunt

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the man Dana White who declares boxing dead now wants a promoters license . You know the old saying..if you can't beat them join them . Guess he plans to pay for even semi high grade fights with peanuts and pallets of energy drinks. What a joke. Hysterical one though, I can see it now...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can admit you like the UFC, even more so than boxing, without trying to justify why. Contrary to what you believe boxing isn't going anywhere, it still does terrific numbers, there's still more than enough gyms and fighters from all over the States and still new "stars" emerging year in year out. And if you take it's global appeal into account it's never been healthier.

You never was a fan that embraced boxing outside the confines of the States. You never had any interest outside the glamour divisions (heavyweight/middleweight), right? It's hardly surprising now that America no longer dominates boxing, that champions from other countries are so readily available that they no longer have the burden of satisfying Americans, that your interest waned.

I remember back in the day when you used to spend pages upon pages passionately screaming about the cheating London crowd carrying Benn back into the ring against GMan and 60 second counts and Calzaghe was a useless padded record scared to come to America bum that Lacy will kill and what not... then when the evidence was revealed you admitted to having never seen these fights/fighters ()

(not having a dig, just reminiscing about the past, it's all good)
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-09-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

You can admit you like the UFC, even more so than boxing, without trying to justify why. Contrary to what you believe boxing isn't going anywhere, it still does terrific numbers, there's still more than enough gyms and fighters from all over the States and still new "stars" emerging year in year out. And if you take it's global appeal into account it's never been healthier.

You never was a fan that embraced boxing outside the confines of the States. You never had any interest outside the glamour divisions (heavyweight/middleweight), right? It's hardly surprising now that America no longer dominates boxing, that champions from other countries are so readily available that they no longer have the burden of satisfying Americans, that your interest waned.

I remember back in the day when you used to spend pages upon pages passionately screaming about the cheating London crowd carrying Benn back into the ring against GMan and 60 second counts and Calzaghe was a useless padded record scared to come to America bum that Lacy will kill and what not... then when the evidence was revealed you admitted to having never seen these fights/fighters ()

(not having a dig, just reminiscing about the past, it's all good)
    I don't like it better, I just think it's run better. The UFC has it's issues with bad judging too, it happens, but when there's a big fight to be made that is the IMMEDIATE thing they do is make that fight happen whereas in boxing we're waiting 2 years, 3 years, 10 years to the point where nobody fucking cares if the fight happens or not....yes Manny vs Floyd sold great numbers, but imagine if you will that fight happening in 2009 or 2010 instead of 2015.

"You never was a fan that embraced boxing outside the confines of the States" he said to the biggest Wladimir Klitschko fan on the entire forum

"You never had any interest outside the glamour divisions (heavyweight/middleweight), right?"....Heavyweights are my favorite yes, but I followed Cotto his entire career, I enjoy watching lightweights I would say featherweight is just about where I stop paying attention. I don't watch cruisers at all, light heavy is good, middleweight is good, I'm a guy who watches good fighters I think Bud Crawford is an excellent fighter who has no star power push behind him and that's the difference between THEN and NOW. When De la Hoya was at Crawford's level people could pick him out of a lineup, random non boxing fans knew who the guy was, it's not the case anymore. People know Floyd Mayweather Jr and that's just about it....Andre Ward as brilliant of a fighter as he is, people don't know him all that well.

Nigel Benn should have been stopped. Calzaghe was a bridge too far for Lacy who peaked very early. I did however call Jermain Taylor beating Hopkins. I did watch those fights/fighters, where do you get this shit?

The "stars" of boxing aren't American, it's not something that's bad for the sport world wide, but it's bad for the sport in America especially when we still do have extremely talented boxers. People are going to go where they can get the most money and when you look at advertising opportunities UFC is going to offer a lot more than boxing because the marketing is what they do.

Dana White getting into boxing will be good for boxing. I loath Dana White, but the dude gets shit done. I think another weight around the neck of boxing is all these old and corrupt promoters and guys who aren't willing to work with each other. It's bad for business. Promoters should make fights happen instead of keeping them from happening.

I'm waiting on AJ vs Wilder to happen, the countdown has started since AJ beat Wlad....we will see just how long it takes a SIMPLE fight like that to happen.

El Kabong Guest

Are you guys going to tell me that "All is well" in boxing? Nothing needs to be changed or fixed or addressed AT ALL

I'm just wanting competent judges, less corruption, a base standard for drug testing, and promoters to stop trying to save their cash cows suck it up and make some big fights happen. Now is the time to strike!

We could all use an Undefeated Title Holder Deontay Wilder vs an Undefeated Title Holder Anthony Joshua in the first heavyweight fight since Ali-Foreman/Frazier-Foreman for 1 Undefeated Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the world. That would be a massive event for the sport.....however, I fear we're going to get Wilder vs Brazeale or AJ vs Parker and one of those guys loses and is never the same fighter and we've just pressed our luck on hyping up a big fight only to get a WHAMMY if you get my 1980's game show reference.

Thurman vs Spence? Is that going to happen? It certainly needs to happen.

Loma vs Rigo is a huge fight in terms of pure skill, but it's on ESPN, it's not Showtime or HBO or PPV....hopefully a shit ton of people watch it, but holy shit that to me, looks bad.

UFC vs boxing: How UFC is edging ahead in the popularity stakes
    https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/info...ic,116485.html

At the VERY least the gap between UFC/MMA and boxing has vanished, the UFC is no longer some bush league outfit trying to edge in on boxing's territory it already has happened and maybe both can thrive like Cricket & Baseball or Football & Rugby but when it comes to what fans are most excited about these days it's MMA, and as a boxing fan that hurts me to say it.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-10-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just watched vince philips vs kostya tszyu................ now that was boxing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think boxing is always going to get the better athletes coming in because apparently the UFC doesn't pay for shit unless your name is Conor McGregor.

I seen the fight purses for their p4p #1 guy Mighty Mouse Johnson, and he's making like 200k per fight. And he's considered their best fighter, maybe ever. If he had that kind of skill in boxing he would be making astronomically more money.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxers whip ufc

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is a strange sport most of the fighters cant box for shit,! but think they can Connor would not win a area title in all honesty it was a bullshit hyped up fight.
    The sport is riddled with steroid abuse my son trained a lad boxing most of the fighters were on PED"S even at a low level.

Thread Information