Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Benefits of sweating?

A lot of the time O see pro boxers running or training in tracksuits and beanie hats to promote sweating. Are they doing this only so they can make weight or are there benefits to sweating a lot during training? Im 5 foot 10 and 72kg at the moment and Im pretty happy with my weight i.e. I wouldnt like to lose weight so who would sweating more benefit me? Thanks.
    "Run along dear, man talk" James Bond, 007, Goldfinger(1964)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Benefits of sweating?

Quote Originally Posted by irish rover
    A lot of the time O see pro boxers running or training in tracksuits and beanie hats to promote sweating. Are they doing this only so they can make weight or are there benefits to sweating a lot during training? I'm 5 foot 10 and 72kg at the moment and I'm pretty happy with my weight i.e. I wouldn't like to lose weight so who would sweating more benefit me? Thanks.
    Sweating is burning fat so yea it is good. U need to burn off fat and build muscle. So even if u go and sweat and burn off a lot of fat as long as u gain muscle too u can stay around the same weigh just with less fat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sweating is your bodys way of cooling down. it uses the excess heat from your muscles to evaporate water from your skin. the weight lost is that of water, and water only.you will also shed impurities within your body, and it can contribute to some weight loss. as a general rule, the lighter you are, the better.

sweating means your working hard enough. so sweat.

by the way. im 5ft 11 nowerdays, and i fight at 67kg... just so you know

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of the time O see pro boxers running or training in tracksuits and beanie hats to promote sweating. Are they doing this only so they can make weight or are there benefits to sweating a lot during training? Im 5 foot 10 and 72kg at the moment and Im pretty happy with my weight i.e. I wouldnt like to lose weight so who would sweating more benefit me? Thanks.
    Like most things the more you do it, the better you get. Fitter people generally sweat easier than unfit people because their bodies become efficient at cooling them selfs down.

In the gym I can be dripping with sweat after warming up with some light skipping and plyometrics and barely feel it. A cold sticky sweat is unhealthy but when you get a 'sweat on' (the type of sweat where steam comes off you... ) its just a part of your fitness. your body is working to allow you to perform.

Promoting sweating trains your body to manage its fluids and energy during exercise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by alex w
    im 5ft 11 nowerdays, and i fight at 67kg... just so you know
    Really? so Im a less than ideal weight for competition am I? At the moment Im not sure wheter I will want to fight competitively or not. Im only starting out and I just turned 20
    "Run along dear, man talk" James Bond, 007, Goldfinger(1964)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont worry about ur age just trai hard and enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really? so Im a less than ideal weight for competition am I? At the moment Im not sure wheter I will want to fight competitively or not. Im only starting out and I just turned 20
    I wouldn't be worried about your weight to height ratio at the moment, it's possible you just have a naturally bigger build than Alexw.
    Personally I've lost a lot of weight since starting Cardio training a year ago. It wasn't an aim of mine to lose weight it just came off naturally, now its levelled off and I feel comfertable at the weight, and don't intend to kill myself to get it down lower.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not as simple as that, we all have different bones and tissues, where all made similar, not the same. Some people loose weight easier than other and can stay strong. me and Alex are the same height but I couldn't feel as strong at Alex's weight as he could. I couldn't get under 80kg and still feel good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, you could just be a bigger bloke. in the season i walk around at about 70-72kg. nowerdays i get more notice between fights, cause im at a higher level, and generally i need to be matched before i can fight, rather than turn up and be spares. however, in the summer, when the seasons out i gain alot of weight.. i weigh about 75kg... its alot easier. nowerdays im struggling to make 67... im just too dam big... iv had to have my last fights at 70kg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many fights do you get before it becomes like that Alex... since the season started all I've been doing is either recovering from a bout or trying to peak with one. Would definetly suit me more than pushing my self to my peak every week as a spar only to not get a bout and have to try and reach a peak again the next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im sure theres no roof to it...
    the reason its happened to me is because of the number of people locally at my boxing level. clearly i dont want to be fighting somone on 70 fights, so e turn them down. but somone coming to their 10th wont fight me either. so its trying to co-ordinate somone with roughly the same expereince as me to fight.
    generally the only place you can find somone similar is the bigger shows, which dont come around so often. dont know whether you know how it works. clubs within an area are gives notice on up and coming shows, and the other clubs in the show. the runners then phone eachother with lists of boxers ages, weights and expereince and try to get their fighters matched.

the big shows got alot of clubs, so your more likely to fight a suiting opponent. big shows also have more notice before hand (clearly they want to sell tickets).

most of the time i know i wont be fighting untill my trainer tells me i am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I start sweeting like 10-15 minutes in my work out

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im sure theres no roof to it...
    the reason its happened to me is because of the number of people locally at my boxing level. clearly i dont want to be fighting somone on 70 fights, so e turn them down. but somone coming to their 10th wont fight me either. so its trying to co-ordinate somone with roughly the same expereince as me to fight.
    generally the only place you can find somone similar is the bigger shows, which dont come around so often. dont know whether you know how it works. clubs within an area are gives notice on up and coming shows, and the other clubs in the show. the runners then phone eachother with lists of boxers ages, weights and expereince and try to get their fighters matched.

the big shows got alot of clubs, so your more likely to fight a suiting opponent. big shows also have more notice before hand (clearly they want to sell tickets).

most of the time i know i wont be fighting untill my trainer tells me i am
    yeah, I've been one of the most active people in my club since the very begining of the season... Know all about the boxer lists etc. I've probably been down to fight about 12 times but only 5 have come through so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i tell you mate, nothing fucks me off more than getting worked up for a fight, only to have it fall through. you go through the mental and physical battle to get yourself ready and fighting... you let people know to come watch you...
    you turn up on the night and the guy doesnt show or something, or the day before your trainer says the bouts been cancelled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Takes it out of me more than fighting... I've only had 6 bouts this year but it feels like I've fought once every fortnight since October... 6 minutes is fuck all... its the work you have to put into peak and physced thats hard.

Thread Information