Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Parker - deal very close

Price's chin continues it's knockout tour.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This could be Price's last fight then.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This could be Price's last fight then.

Price vs Povetkin. If any fight has dramatic KO written all over it it’s this one. Povetkin has a highlight reel of brutal 1 punch KO’s and Price is know for being on the receiving end of 4 stoppage losses to lesser men than Povetkin. It’s a strange fight for him to take if he is trying to build his career back up. For it all to come to a crashing end on a undercard seems like a waste. He has a story of dropping Joshua years ago which he was using to stay relevant but it looks like that fight wont happen now and hes accepted it by taking on Povetkin. The saving grace for Price is that he can hit and although massively vulnerable he is bigger and younger and heavier than Povetkin who was dropped multiple times himself by Klitschko. It will be an explosive fight but the Scouser will be on the end of the explosion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd have though Price would have had his fill of rampant drug cheats but there you go, possible(very doubtful) future money talks.

I don't dislike Parker but he's out of his depth by any definition you care to mention. I've give him his due in the past and will continue to do so, he really wants to be a fighter and works hard at it. But he's pony, he doesn't box too well, doesn't fight too well and doesn't hit that hard. The fuckers a World champion. David Tua must be turning in his grave and the cunt aint even dead yet.

Joshua is apparently a stone lighter right now and looking to be more mobile. Not a bad thing I guess but people still tend to construe mental fatigue with physical, it's the former Joshua struggles with for me. Against Whyte he was having it all his own way then pop, got chinned, wasn't that badly hurt by the chinning to be fair, was on Bambi legs for literally a few seconds then physically was OK. But the computer needed rebooting, he took a couple of rounds to start thinking straight, then he did as he pleased again. Same against Wladimir. When he dropped Wlad, psychologically the fight was over and he mentally blew his load, there was absolutely no reason for a supreme athlete in his 20's to be struggling with the pace that quick and again, he took several rounds to get things going again. Maybe that's a bit harsh on Whyte and Wlad, but for me, both times Joshua invited the pressure on himself, they obliged.

Parker likes a good row and he'll find one in Joshua, AJ wont be going backwards trying to make a mug out of Parker like Hughie did. Andy Ruiz came to give Parker half a row and when he did, he clearly got the better of him, he lost the fight by virtue of doing nothing for half of it. Parker's in with a different animal now and he's going to get beat.

I can see Dave Higgins having a nervous breakdown on route to the fight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this fight. I know a lot people see it as an easy win for Joshua and Parkers the weakest of the champs which may be true but I think its worth the PPV and I’ll be buying because Parker is a live dog. His recent form has been poor when you look at his last 3 fights. He hasn’t shown anything close to power vs Ruiz, Fury and the fight vs Cojanu was very disappointing but that doesn’t mean he will be a walkover in this fight. If a big guy decides to be defensive as was the case its very hard to find the holes but Parker does carry the power to hurt Antony.

On the evidence of recent form Joshua rightly starts as a big favourite going in. Parker is the travelling fighter and will have everything against him including the reg and judges. Parker has a better chin but that means little when the ref jumps in early like he did in Joshua’s last fight. So it appears with everything considered that Joshua should win easily but the reason I like this fight is that Parker will be dangerous in the exchangesand has the quicker hands. If Joshua comes at him as we expect then stylistically that makes for a good fight. Parker isn’t a washed up 41 year old with multiple KO losses who has been dropped 11 times either like Klitschko was. And we saw how close Klitschko came to winning.

Parker is unbeaten in his prime and isn’t the type of guy to stand off if he has a gassed opponent infront on him (as Wvladimir did.) Ofcousre its got to get to that point first and I agree with Joshua when he says he is the more intelligent fighter, He has longer arms and his gold medal skills should win him the rounds over Joseph. Antony needs to make sure he comes in lighter though because if the same Joshua turns up in the condition he was in for his last two fights I really think he could be in trouble in this fight. That said I expect Joshua to win the fight. I can see him being taken the distance for the first time and winning a wide decision or a I can see Joshua getting a hometown standing stoppage late on. Either way he will know hes been in a fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently Povetkin Price is a done deal.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The truth: Joshua-Price sparring

David Price provides details on knocking Anthony Joshua down during a notorious 2011 sparring session...

Can you remember the sparring session when you knocked Joshua down?
    It was seven years ago, but I remember it well. I was sparring for my first 10-round fight.

So what happened inside the ring?
    He fell forwards, onto his face. He went down heavily. He tried to get up but was on unsteady legs, and the trainer pulled him out.

Joshua claimed he woke up in a police cell before sparring you…
    I didn't know that, at the time. I don't think the trainers knew. Did he drive up from London that morning? I didn't know.

Did you ever think Joshua was vulnerable?
    I don't knock many people out in sparring, with those big gloves. When I did that to him, I wondered: is he fragile? Then I heard he was stopped in the European Championships. But now, he's proving to be okay. He didn't go into a shell, and he isn't gun shy. He got rocked by Dillian Whyte and put down by Klitschko, but he can hold a shot.

Could you tell that Joshua had potential?
    Yes. I knew he had something but I didn't know how much. It's hard to tell.

Did Joshua come with a reputation?
    I was aware of who he was. He was a two-time ABA champion. I still had one eye on the amateurs, because I hadn't long turned pro.

Did you spar Joshua before or after this incident?
    That was the first and only time.

You made this knockdown public last year…
    I brought it up to generate interest for his team to say 'we will fight Price'. That was my ace in the pack, at the time.

I had held onto it until the time was right to let the cat out of the bag. Normally, sparring is just sparring. But when there's an opportunity at a world title on the line, I thought I'd get the information out there.

How do you reflect on that knockdown now?
    There's no shame in being knocked down by me. If he was knocked down by a light puncher, or a light-heavyweight, then yes.

Did you hear Joseph Parkers team reference you during the press conference with Joshua?
    I got a WhatsApp this week saying: 'Joshua is saying how you put him down'. I was sat in a gym, in Liverpool, doing a weights session. I messaged back saying: 'well, he's had the last laugh, hasn't he?'

Why was this incident brought up by Parker's team?
    They are clutching at straws. It's funny that the world champion is having to justify his chin.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone going to this?
    Tickets on sale from midday today through Stubhub.
    Just checked and it says from £40 Let's see how much that increases by around 12.10pm.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury was stripped of his Ring Magazine belt for failure to announce an opponent and has slipped down the rankings a bit.
    Hearn wants the AJ v Parker fight to be for the belt but thinks they are holding fire tiĺl AJ v Wilder happens.

“You have to have a plan. You got to get yourself in order,” Hearn said to Fighthype talking about Fury. “That happened with the IBF title, but I think the clock did run out, because I think he has some legal issues with some promoters. The ruling [from Ring Magazine] was he had to fight someone in the top 5 or close to it, which was never going to happen anyway. I spoke to Doug Fisher at Ring, and I think the committee wants Joshua and Wilder to fight for that title. I said to those guys let’s see how Wilder gets on March 3rd, and we would like to apply for that belt for Parker vs. Joshua. It’s #1 vs. #3. Its 2 world champions, but they really want Joshua vs. Wilder for the Ring belts, so we’ll see what happens,” Hearn said.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Fury was stripped of his Ring Magazine belt for failure to announce an opponent and has slipped down the rankings a bit.
    Hearn wants the AJ v Parker fight to be for the belt but thinks they are holding fire tiĺl AJ v Wilder happens.

“You have to have a plan. You got to get yourself in order,” Hearn said to Fighthype talking about Fury. “That happened with the IBF title, but I think the clock did run out, because I think he has some legal issues with some promoters. The ruling [from Ring Magazine] was he had to fight someone in the top 5 or close to it, which was never going to happen anyway. I spoke to Doug Fisher at Ring, and I think the committee wants Joshua and Wilder to fight for that title. I said to those guys let’s see how Wilder gets on March 3rd, and we would like to apply for that belt for Parker vs. Joshua. It’s #1 vs. #3. Its 2 world champions, but they really want Joshua vs. Wilder for the Ring belts, so we’ll see what happens,” Hearn said.
    If Fury can fight a top 5 to keep the Ring belt then surely the number 1 and 3 fighting against one another deserve the belt. That is US bias for you.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's already been stripped of the Ring belt as of yesterday 😉

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was saying they should give it to the winner of AJ v Parker and not wait for AJ v Wilder.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I was saying they should give it to the winner of AJ v Parker and not wait for AJ v Wilder.
    Their argument made perfect sense. they don't want to give it to the #1 v #3 when #2 is fighting and active. they want to wait till Joshua fights Wilder. there's enough organisations giving out bullshit trinkets, they want this to be more meaningful.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price Povetkin confirmed

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/...a-parker-bill/

I know people will right him off and it's completely understandable. What are his alternatives though? It's shit or get off the pot time, he wins, he's hit the jackpot, he loses he retires. fucking about knocking over half a dozen stiff wont change anything.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Price Povetkin confirmed

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/...a-parker-bill/

I know people will right him off and it's completely understandable. What are his alternatives though? It's shit or get off the pot time, he wins, he's hit the jackpot, he loses he retires. fucking about knocking over half a dozen stiff wont change anything.
    Exactamundo, and all though there are no saints in boxing, after Povetkin being caught juicing twice and then mouthing off about expecting to meet the Joshua/Parker winner later this year, you kind of have to hope Price knocks him, not only out of the ring, but through the nearest wall.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information