Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Parker - 31/3/18

I had it a draw but there were a ton of swing rounds. I assumed the scores would be ridiculously wide though so I’m not shocked. No problem with Joshua winning but just like boxing judging we know how corrupt it is

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was frankly expecting a better fight. The cards were horrendous also. Agree with the poster that said Parker fought not to lose (or get KO'ed). AJ was flat, maybe giving Parker too much respect. Still don't know what to make of a Wilder-AJ fight.... not gonna change my expectations off this one fight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Was frankly expecting a better fight. The cards were horrendous also. Agree with the poster that said Parker fought not to lose (or get KO'ed). AJ was flat, maybe giving Parker too much respect. Still don't know what to make of a Wilder-AJ fight.... not gonna change my expectations off this one fight.
    I felt Joshua fought not to lose and Parker fought to just go the distance. Underwhelming fight, but a soood victory and another belt for Joshua. I feel he needs to get his confidence back up to 100% after essentially failing to stop his last two opponents or look very impressive against them. He’s still a highly tuned athlete with a great, tight boxing stance and foundation. Perhaps more combos and jabs and less trying to hold with the left and land that magic right uppercut so often. Wilder wasn’t doing shit when he had 21 fights and I still feel Joshua will beat him. Wilder is very very dangerous though. Honestly, after this one, a fit (if that’s even possible) Fury could be as well.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has had 40 fights with 39 KO. This was AJ's 21th fight. I'm not saying Wilder can beat AJ. I just think he needs 1or 2 more fights to sharpen his skills. AJ knows that a fight with Wilder would bring millions. So I'm thinking AJ didn't want to get caught with anything that would cost him that fight. Just remember this Wilder will not fight like Parker. He is coming to bring it with some real KO power.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people have such short memories. 24 hours ago, Joshua was the man. Suddenly, Joshua doesn’t knock a guy out and somehow that makes other people look better!
    Before that fight, Wilder had just gone life and death with Ortiz , a fat druggy geriatric. WILDER IS STILL THAT GUY!
    24 hrs ago, Fury was a guy who hasn’t fought for 3 years, and even then, literally only had one good fight. FURY IS STILL THAT GUY. People getting carried away with the old “If Granny had bollocks” scenario.
    Last night changes nothing. Wilder is still the underdog against Joshua and Fury is still irrelevant until he starts fighting again.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 04-02-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Some people have such short memories. 24 hours ago, Joshua was the man. Suddenly, Joshua doesn’t knock a guy out and somehow that makes other people look better!
    Before that fight, Wilder had just gone life and death with Ortiz , a fat druggy geriatric. WILDER IS STILL THAT GUY!
    24 hrs ago, Fury was a guy who hasn’t fought for 3 years, and even then, literally only had one good fight. FURY IS STILL THAT GUY. People getting carried away with the old “If Granny had bollocks” scenario.
    Last night changes nothing. Wilder is still the underdog against Joshua and Fury is still irrelevant until he starts fighting again.
    I can’t speak for anybody but myself but AJ has never looked that impressive to me. He is for sure more skilled than Wilder but I just think that Wilder will be able to get to him eventually. Wouldn’t be shocked either way though.

I do agree on Fury though. Until he actually comes back and shows he’s fit and can still box he isn’t in the picture.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good performance, solid, no thrills. Funnily enough the people who tried to be clever and give Parker a shot because he's unbeaten, young, mobile, great chin etc etc, are the ones most vocal about Joshua not being able to spark Parker out, strange bunch.

Great jab which hurt Parker on several occasions and kept him on his back foot. Composed, assured, good movement. Right hand was a bit off radar, didnt set it up properly.

Parker for his part did all I expected, tried really hard, resilient. His game never really got going because of the Joshua jab.

Wilder Joshua, nothing changes, still a shoot out. Joshua the better technician but Wilder is a class A nutter and he clumps proper hard if not correctly.

The 'Fury who fought Wlad' Nonsense was boring a long time ago. Let him fight, let him confirm that he's the best there is/was/will ever be and then lets talk.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information