Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Off days?

Yesterday I was at the gym workin with my trainer and I just could NOT keep up with my usual pace. I tried and tried and tried and I tried so hard he had to force me to take a break beceause he said I looked like I was about to pass out.

I told him I felt like shit and I felt like I was fighting like shit, he told me not to worry about it and it's just an off day and it happens to the best of them.

I think I may have lost my talent altogether, I'm usually a beast in there and all the trainers are talkin about how I have potencial and all this shit. Today when I did my roadwork I didn't feel like I was performing up to par either.

What is happening to me? I'm only 16, So I don't think I'm past my prime. Do people just randomly lose their talent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Off days?

fell fuck me. you mean to say that your human?

nah im just kidding mate. your not the terminator, so dont think like one. everyone has shit days. sometimes you have shit weeks. could be due to lack of sleep, not properly eating, lots of work during the day, illness, or just generally not being together. happens to everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol, how can you lose your prime when you haven't even reached it?
    Your body needs rest, you are bound to feel weak sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah ive been having a shitty month
    lately i feel like my body just cant do shit no more
    so i just stay home
    and when i do go to train its like i cant do what i used to do easily

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If think what you lads need to remember is:

a) The purpose of physical training is to first stress and damage the body in a way which stimulates and forces it to repair, grow and adapt so it cna cope with the stress you put it under. Your body cannot repair itself or grow as you train. It can only do so when you are at rest.

Lets say I took a brick off a wall (ie: training) and every time I did it a brickie put 2 bricks onto the wall (repair and growth) what would happen if I didn't give him a chance to put the bricks back on the wall? What would happen if he wasn't being supplied with bricks (food)? The wall would become smaller (ie: your body becomes less efficient)

training is only 50% of fitness development, recovery is the other half, if you don't allow for it you will either stop progressing or start to go backwards.

b) your still physically developing, F*** I'm 19 and I'm not fully grown yet but the training I can do, the periods (weeks... months... years) I can do it for, the intensity I can push myself too and the recovery that my body can make from it compared to when I was 16 are huge... when I'm about 23 I will likely look back at my fitness level now in teh same way I look back at being 16 now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusophobia
    Yesterday I was at the gym workin with my trainer and I just could NOT keep up with my usual pace. I tried and tried and tried and I tried so hard he had to force me to take a break beceause he said I looked like I was about to pass out.

I told him I felt like shit and I felt like I was fighting like shit, he told me not to worry about it and it's just an off day and it happens to the best of them.

I think I may have lost my talent altogether, I'm usually a beast in there and all the trainers are talkin about how I have potencial and all this shit. Today when I did my roadwork I didn't feel like I was performing up to par either.

What is happening to me? I'm only 16, So I don't think I'm past my prime. Do people just randomly lose their talent?
    Don't feel bad I've gone several days in a row feeling like that. Go light for a little while, and eventually you'll get back on track.

Thread Information