Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matthysse-Kiram/Linares-Gesta - Saturday HBO/BoxNation

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Spicoli you conspiracy nut, now I get all your "robbery" scores over the years

The left hand/jab stunned Kiram before the sweeping right clipped him on top of the head.
    I brand no conspiracy or robbery before it's time dude . 1st kd there but looked bit partial, missed jab live. 2nd went off like a botched wwe move. In fairness though I'm not getting punched in my mug from the comfort of my chair, I'll try to catch replay Sunday AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthysse proves he still has a punchers chance against any welter in the world. A smaller punchers chance than he once did, but the power is still there. It looked legit to me n even if the guy went down the 2nd time out of fear then so be it. Tyson won half his fights that way, truth be told, more like two-thirds or three-fourths.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can actually hear Matthysse connect with the first Knockdown and the second one it seems unreal because of the speed and accuracy of it. Believe me it's really hard to see KO punches at times for this reason. It's also masked by the camera being behind Matthysse and him throwing the same left twice. Like an opponent you can look for twitches and give aways, but the fact you don't see it gives punchers like Matthysse that leeway to catch an often better all round boxer.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always wanted Matthysse to fight Maidana

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope . It was follow up flop . Has commission found what was in the bottle? I don't like the thought of Lucas being fed to a Spence.

then again has anyone noticed Spence shaking his head more now? He's complained of blows to back of head in recent fights and he is taking shots more flush. Tremendous brutal arsenal but he gets hit, can't deny it.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Nope . It was follow up flop . Has commission found what was in the bottle? I don't like the thought of Lucas being fed to a Spence.

then again has anyone noticed Spence shaking his head more now? He's complained of blows to back of head in recent fights and he is taking shots more flush. Tremendous brutal arsenal but he gets hit, can't deny it.
    Yes I have noticed it. He is so efficient and punishing with his own work he sometimes neglects to avoid incoming work, that while is not going to necessarily put him on his arse is not good for his long term game, and when you are as potentially as good as him you should have plans for a long term game. Get your name up there .
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Defense has always been his biggest weakness. He is such a good fighter, but his defense is the reason I think Crawford beats him still.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Defense has always been his biggest weakness. He is such a good fighter, but his defense is the reason I think Crawford beats him still.
    Only flaw I can knock him for and it goes back many fights. It doesn't look like he's incapable but just so determined to put in some damage on opponents and gives up the head at times.

Guess the thing is up to now opponents have to feel damned if they do and dammed if they don't when it comes to throwing with him waiting for return. Such a sapping accurate hitter.

I still call Crawford fight 50-50 with slimmest of lean to Spence today. Crawford himself has been tagged and is also prone to clowning a bit and leaving openings. Maybe both just get bored as both get to a point where we know a fight is certainly all but over but they just keep beating a guy up.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only one that's kind of interested in a Matthysse/ Pacquiao fight?
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information