Cool Clicks

Default Smart Phones have ruined humanity: this surely will make you cry

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Smart Phones have ruined humanity: this surely will make you cry

Ted Kaczynski said technology would ruin us, that we would become slaves to it.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has also enhanced us.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    BSAHAHAHAHA!

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Everyone's always asking me when Apple will come out with a cell phone. My answer is, 'Probably never.'"
    David Pogue, technology writer for "The New York Times," in 2006.

"Talking films are a very interesting invention, but I do not believe they will remain long in fashion."
    Louis-Jean Lumière, inventor of the cinematograph, in 1929.

“The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have plenty of messenger boys."
    Sir William Henry Preece (1834 -1913), Chief Engineer to the British Post Office.

“Fooling around with alternating current (AC) is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever.”
    Thomas Alva Edison, American inventor and entrepreneur, 1889.

“Computers can recognize their owner's face from a picture or video.”
    Ray Kurzweil, author and futurist, from "The Age of Spiritual Machines" (1999).

“There’s just not that many videos I want to watch.”
    Steve Chen, co-founder of YouTube, 2005.

"By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's."
    Paul Krugman, economist, 1998.

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”
    Alvin Toffler, writer and futurist, in "Future Shock" (1970).

“Before man reaches the moon, your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to Australia by guided missiles. We stand on the threshold of rocket mail.”
    Arthur Ellsworth Summerfield, 54th Postmaster General of the United States, c. 1959.

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."Darryl F. Zanuck, film producer, 1946.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
    Thomas J. Watson, chairman and CEO of IBM, c. 1943 (possibly apocryphal.)

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse."
    Robert Metcalfe, co-inventor of Ethernet, 1995.

“When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain.... We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do this will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket.” Nikola Tesla, inventor, futurist and engineer, c. 1926.

"Flight by machines heavier than air is impractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible."
    Simon Newcomb, mathematician and astronomer, c. 1902.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master those are really interesting quotes. I think that might be a slightly different angle on it though. All of those people who made those predictions that there would never be any technology for example there will never be an internet be on 1996 or apple will never make a phone etcetera Etc all those people were wrong in predicting that technology would not expand and evolve. However what I am saying is that that technology which has expanded any evolved to today has ruined Humanities ability to make eye contact and to have face-to-face communication. These young kids now do not know how to solve any problems on their own without consulting their smartphones. These young kids now cannot have a conversation for more than 2 or 3 minutes because their attention spans have been reduced to that of a fly or a bird. No one can actually read more than two pages at a time. You can ask teachers all around the world if teenagers nowadays can sit still without the smartphone induced attention deficit disorder and if they can sit still and actually read like we used to do when we were teenagers for example a 300-page book. These kids cannot do that anymore. That is just one example

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why blame the kids, adults are far worse?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why blame the kids, adults are far worse?
    Well in your case yes you are far worse than the kids. 😂😂😂 But in my case I am not very good with technology at all.

Haha got you on that one let's see what your comeback will be. Also also Fenster is going to take your two titles guaranteed

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone outside during break at work and seen everyone on the patio looking at phones not talking. It's quite odd. Don't blame the phone, phones don't make people socially inept, people make people socially inept.

@Beanz
    @ruthless rocco

#freebeanz

#welcomebackrocco

#liftthebeanzban

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I've gone outside during break at work and seen everyone on the patio looking at phones not talking. It's quite odd. Don't blame the phone, phones don't make people socially inept, people make people socially inept.

@Beanz
    @ruthless rocco

#freebeanz

#welcomebackrocco

#liftthebeanzban
    Two points jump out at me right there:

Number 1 how can you ask for someone to be banned and then the next day asked for the ban to be lifted?

Number two how can you use the at sign for a father and his son?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's kind of like an alcoholic, around the age we hit puberty we are supposed to turn to our friends and family for help, some folks turn to alcohol. It's the same with social media now, when we get likes or messages it releases endorphins, the same as drugs and alcohol makes us feel. There's heaps of research on it.

In regards to technology enhancing our lifestyles it has, but it has also made us a slave to it. The thing that was supposed to help us now controls us. Ever sat a a red traffic light, early hours of the morning, no other cars around? Did you obey the technology and wait, how long did you wait?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes correct

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's kind of like an alcoholic, around the age we hit puberty we are supposed to turn to our friends and family for help, some folks turn to alcohol. It's the same with social media now, when we get likes or messages it releases endorphins, the same as drugs and alcohol makes us feel. There's heaps of research on it.

In regards to technology enhancing our lifestyles it has, but it has also made us a slave to it. The thing that was supposed to help us now controls us. Ever sat a a red traffic light, early hours of the morning, no other cars around? Did you obey the technology and wait, how long did you wait?
    On a bike I always go through a red light if there is no traffic and pedestrians.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

On a bike I always go through a red light if there is no traffic and pedestrians.
    That's why everyone hates cyclists.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha I'm guessing you have watched Manhunt as well then?

Thread Information