Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Parker will be a better win for Joshua then Ortiz was for Wilder

Five reasons why Joseph Parker will be a better win for Anthony Joshua than Luis Ortiz was for Deontay Wilder:

1. Parker doesn't suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure

2. Parker is not overweight, he's in excellent physical condition, and will not gas after a few rounds

3. Parker is in his prime at age 26, Ortiz is an old man

4. Parker is faster than Ortiz

5. Parker has a world title and several successful title defenses (including 2 wins against undefeated prime opponents)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Parker will be a better win for Joshua then Ortiz was for Wilder

5. Yeah kinda got to give you that one but the rest, Dillian Whyte was all those things, fuck me Gary Cornish is all those things.

Ortiz might be 50 years old, but he's still probably the most skilled heavy out there. He just doesn't have the legs or engine to get the job done. Maybe that little postponement was the difference between Wilder scraping through round 7 and not.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

I think they are about on par with one another the difference will be how AJ wins, IF AJ wins.

Wilder had trouble vs Ortiz, Ortiz let him off the hook...maybe that damages Wilder going forward, maybe it makes him tougher to beat as it boosts his confidence/aura of invincibility. Deontay certainly didn't fight the perfect fight, but he won and I think sometimes fighters have to deal with an off night and the greats come through as winners more often than not. Not calling Deontay a great just yet, but he's done awfully well for himself in his career. I and a lot of others thought he was brought along too slowly, but he seems to have been brought along just right.

Like with Ortiz Parker has a lot of question marks about him. How tough is he really? How hard does he punch? How good is his chin? How is his stamina? If AJ dispatches him in 2 rounds people might think Parker is just some built up tomato can. If Parker lasts the distance maybe they question AJ's power or killer instinct. If Parker wins, then well all hell breaks loose in terms of questions being asked....could Parker be the real deal?

I think Parker is a good solid fighter, I think he's a bit limited in handspeed and defense but the Kiwi boxers/martial artists of recent memory have been tough as nails and very strong so I expect more of that from Parker. I will say Parker is a better true boxer than David Tua ever was, he is able to set up his punches rather than relying on catching his opponent unawares.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uh huh 😏

Everyone changes their story once a fighter wins a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I was really unimpressed with Parker when he fought against Andy Ruiz. Also it appears to me that Parker really doesn't have much punching power with his last 3 fights going the distance. At least we know Ortiz can hit. Also he was south paw which can be awkward for some people.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is a better win for AJ than Ortiz was for Wilder.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wlad is a better win for AJ than Ortiz was for Wilder.
    Agreed but Ortiz is for sure a better fighter than Parker. Ortiz was always seen as a threat for any HW because of his skills. Parker was always seen as the weak title holder that could easily be beaten.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a dumb fucking thread/post... Ortiz doesn’t suffer from being a mediocre boxer, that counts for a lot more than whatever Parker’s strengths are.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Parker holds a title, so whatever that's worth these days it automatically makes it a better win in that sense. Ortiz has skills but no one believes he's 38. The thing I will give Parker credit for is being clean
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a guy can avoid nearly getting ko'd and score impressive ko it usually means they win big. It's been used more negative in case of AJ but with Wilder I've heard people talking like he stormed the beach because he simply survived a test. Consistency and breaking opponent down ending in unification is a far better win for a fighter.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgCepMEDVZe/?hl=en

How slim does Joshua look here? Could be the camera, angle, light, but he looks 'skinny'

I dont have a problem with Parker, he's a decent bloke who tries really hard but I dont see him having any chance whatsoever. Assuming Joshua doesnt completely blow up or loose a leg mid fight. I just dont see what Parker does that causes Joshua a problem.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgCepMEDVZe/?hl=en

How slim does Joshua look here? Could be the camera, angle, light, but he looks 'skinny'

I dont have a problem with Parker, he's a decent bloke who tries really hard but I dont see him having any chance whatsoever. Assuming Joshua doesnt completely blow up or loose a leg mid fight. I just dont see what Parker does that causes Joshua a problem.
    I saw that vid last night. I wasn’t bothered about his weight, all I could think was the last time somebody posted hand speed like that on social media, they got schooled by George Groves.
    Seriously, what a meaningless load of bollocks that is. Tell me the last time anyone threw a combination like that in a ring?
    If I was his coach, I’d tell him to stop fucking about and get back to the serious business of training for a fight!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How foolish are you going to look when he lands that exact combo on Parker?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua will become the first in many years to unify ALL the heavyweight titles, if Wilder fights him.

Although I think Wilder and his management are very afraid of Joshua, the potential money is so much that eventually they'll probably the fight and cash out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    How foolish are you going to look when he lands that exact combo on Parker?
    I know. I can see the report now. “In the 7th Round, Parker was beginning to press , and it appeared like he was getting the upper hand , but in the space of 10 seconds, the whole fight was turned on his head as Joshua unleashed a 124 punch combination consisting completely of uppercuts!
    The fastest hands that have ever been seen in a ring from a heavyweight, making Muhammad Ali look like George Foreman by comparison!”
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information