Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trump meeting rocket man

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The demographics of North Carolina have changed dramatically in the half century period between the civil rights act being passed and Obama being elected. They're not all like you anymore. What part of this don't you understand?

It's not a "couple of scrubs". It's the people who ran most of the GOP presidential campaigns in the sixties, seventies and eighties on record and in two cases writing books about how they pandered to white racism to win elections in the south.

And the LBJ quote:

That’s the context of one of the most famous statements on race ever attributed to President Johnson, an off-the-cuff observation he made to a young staffer, Bill Moyers, after encountering a display of blatant racism during a political visit to the South. Moyers tells it in the first person:
    We were in Tennessee. During the motorcade, he spotted some ugly racial epithets scrawled on signs. Late that night in the hotel, when the local dignitaries had finished the last bottles of bourbon and branch water and departed, he started talking about those signs. “I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it,” he said. “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
    In the blunt vernacular that he loved to use, LBJ was describing what the television pundits of today would probably call the politics of resentment and divisiveness. It is still very much with us.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lb...est-white-man/

The American dream is often thought of as providing mobility for all. It hasn’t worked that way for blacks and poor whites. How do we explain that the false dream lives on anyway? What makes poor whites accept their destitute state even to this day? President Lyndon Johnson said it best: "If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he’ll empty his pockets for you."

https://www.humanityinaction.org/kno...wis-fellowship
    Would you clear up your mind and figure out how to say what you're trying to say because what you HAVE said is a fucking mess. "Did you know demographics have changed? Huh did ya, huh did ya know that?" YES MOTHER FUCKER and you're trying to say that right now in THE CURRENT YEAR 2018 that Southern Republicans are racist....or excuse me, there are Southerners who are "racially conservative" .....sorry if that doesn't win me over but I see quite a bit of racism on the Democrat side and if they had control of the NC Legislature they'd damn sure gerrymander only you wouldn't have the sack to call it that, very few people would.

So the Republicans put 100% of their 1968 hopes in the "Well in the long term this will work out for us" Southern strategy and they accomplished their dreams in 1994 and since then we've got great Republicans like Tim Scott and Allen West winning elections in Southern states....yyyyyyeah makes sense.....or would you like to call those good gentlemen some names as is the wont of a good "non-racist" Democrat

If you do not believe that LBJ was a horrible and racist President then fine I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise.
    I don't know how to explain it any simpler than I already did.
    Don't ask him if he has read your post, apparently that is outright hostility
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trump meeting rocket man

Beans is a Rocket Queen

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)