I really think the world should try a moratorium on these types of weapons. China has them, Russia has them, I’m sure we have them and who knows who else. Trump gets mocked about the space force but it seems cyber and satellite attacks are becomiming the new plan.

A never-before-seen Russian missile is identified as an anti-satellite weapon and will be ready for warfare by 2022
A mysterious missile photographed last month on a Russian jet is believed to be a mock-up of an anti-satellite weapon, three sources with direct knowledge of a U.S. intelligence report say.
The Russian anti-satellite weapon, which is attached to a space launch vehicle, is expected to target communication and imagery satellites in low Earth orbit, according to one source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The weapon is expected to join Moscow's arsenal by 2022.
Amanda Macias | @Amanda_m_macias

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/25/russ...y-by-2022.html

Surely these weapons would have drastic effects on military abilities, I don’t know what redundancies are built in military operations but this shit can shut down a countries banking system, cell phone, internet, gps and maybe our lighting infrastructure. China shot down one of there old satellites from a ground launched missile. I think best Korea also proved they have rockets that can do it. I know war, communications and infrastructure are fair targets but not via satellite. The US is even saying the next recession could be brought about by cyber attacks on the NYSE and banking systems. They are already being probed regularly. I don’t know if the UN or any world bodies are working on possible treaties.