Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    867
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    You all seem to forget how actually bad both Whyte and Wilder are, I would give Whyte the nod, but not look forward to an interesting fight, and certainly not pay for it. Its showbiz with blood again. In the other 'leg' Joshua v Parker is worth a watch (£5 at my local club) , although Parker getting a majority decision against Hughie Fury (who?) doesn't really give him the creds for a realistic fight against AJ, early KO easy.

    Its all up in the air with piss poor heavyweights now, major promoters have all claimed their stake with their signings, the only one who has lost his pension plan is Ricky Hatton with that fat lummox Browne, get out Ricky and buy a pub or supermarket, don't want to read about you on desperate street in the Sun next year.

    Talking about promoters pension investments, look at Sauerland with David Price against Alexander Povetkin , talk about shit or bust, last ditch effort and come on Pricey! 10-1 at the bookies. Support your local scouser.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,771
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4725
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    I must be high. I think Whyte the better all around boxer than Wilder. Minus the 1-2 of Wilder which can at times be pretty telegraphed he smothers nearly everything after that willfully rushing in with little polished footwork to reset or inside game. Love to see them mix it up and the golden road to AJ that Wilder claims he wants and his base lead through a #1 ranked Whyte. They may saddle Whyte with Breazeale though and slap 'eliminator' on it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,975
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    378
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Again, I have no problem with a Wilder vs Whyte fight, but a Wilder vs AJ fight is so much bigger. Wilder isn’t the best technical boxer and can definitely be beat, but he has proven recently that he has the length and a good enough punch to beat everyone out in his path so far.

    I think it’s such a huge missed opportunity to let a Wilder vs AJ match to slip out because one of them loses. Neither are really that good in reality and I wouldn’t be shocked if either got beat.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,964
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2824
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Breazeale, Miller, Kownacki, Ruiz Jr are based Stateside, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Takam, Hughie Fury, even Chisora, as well as Whyte could all claim to be Wilder's 2nd or 3rd best opponent ever, take the alphabet away he really doesn't offer much more than these guys.

    Wilder is no different to anyone else chasing the Joshua money, that's why he will refuse Whyte for a career high purse because he knows he'll make 3-times that taking a 20% cut of AJ's loot.

    If Povetkin's team hadn't been so lapse in covering their tracks Wilder wouldn't even currently be in the picture.
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-27-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,975
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    378
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Breazeale, Miller, Kownacki, Ruiz Jr are based Stateside, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Takam, Hughie Fury, even Chisora, as well as Whyte could all claim to be Wilder's 2nd or 3rd best opponent ever, take the alphabet away he really doesn't offer much more than these guys.

    Wilder is no different to anyone else chasing the Joshua money, that's why he will refuse Whyte for a career high purse because he knows he'll make 3-times that taking a 20% cut of AJ's loot.

    If Povetkin's team hadn't been so lapse in covering their tracks Wilder wouldn't even currently be in the picture.
    Whether or not you think Wilder isn’t as good as some other HWs, almost all boxing fans want the AJ vs Wilder match. That’s the match everyone wants. AJ isn’t a big star because he is so great but because he is a good HW from the UK that has the potential to unify the titles.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,771
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4725
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Again, I have no problem with a Wilder vs Whyte fight, but a Wilder vs AJ fight is so much bigger. Wilder isn’t the best technical boxer and can definitely be beat, but he has proven recently that he has the length and a good enough punch to beat everyone out in his path so far.

    I think it’s such a huge missed opportunity to let a Wilder vs AJ match to slip out because one of them loses. Neither are really that good in reality and I wouldn’t be shocked if either got beat.
    Totally agree. On Wilders right hand also. But no doubt they are going to milk this and very good reason HBO picked up Whyte vs Browne. Hopefully we won't see match strung along but things are looking up top guys facing off. Wilder and AJ can look to thin out the herd and definitely a fight that we need sooner than later. As long as Fury or Haye stay on the sideline I'm good .

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,964
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2824
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Breazeale, Miller, Kownacki, Ruiz Jr are based Stateside, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Takam, Hughie Fury, even Chisora, as well as Whyte could all claim to be Wilder's 2nd or 3rd best opponent ever, take the alphabet away he really doesn't offer much more than these guys.

    Wilder is no different to anyone else chasing the Joshua money, that's why he will refuse Whyte for a career high purse because he knows he'll make 3-times that taking a 20% cut of AJ's loot.

    If Povetkin's team hadn't been so lapse in covering their tracks Wilder wouldn't even currently be in the picture.
    Whether or not you think Wilder isn’t as good as some other HWs, almost all boxing fans want the AJ vs Wilder match. That’s the match everyone wants. AJ isn’t a big star because he is so great but because he is a good HW from the UK that has the potential to unify the titles.
    When Floyd was earning a billion times more than his opponents he gave them what they were worth, they all got career high paydays but nobody got close to what Floyd took as he was the draw. Guys like Victor Ortiz brought a WBC title and top Ring rating yet didn't demand half of the $40 million pot, he took his couple of million dollars that he was worth.

    So saying AJ should give Wilder half of his money is silly, yet AJ is the "ducker." Ridiculous.

    Wilder is just another opponent for AJ, should he win the next man in line will become the fans/media favourite to dethrone him. AJ is a long way from being crowned an ATG yet. Long way.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,975
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    378
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Breazeale, Miller, Kownacki, Ruiz Jr are based Stateside, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Takam, Hughie Fury, even Chisora, as well as Whyte could all claim to be Wilder's 2nd or 3rd best opponent ever, take the alphabet away he really doesn't offer much more than these guys.

    Wilder is no different to anyone else chasing the Joshua money, that's why he will refuse Whyte for a career high purse because he knows he'll make 3-times that taking a 20% cut of AJ's loot.

    If Povetkin's team hadn't been so lapse in covering their tracks Wilder wouldn't even currently be in the picture.
    Whether or not you think Wilder isn’t as good as some other HWs, almost all boxing fans want the AJ vs Wilder match. That’s the match everyone wants. AJ isn’t a big star because he is so great but because he is a good HW from the UK that has the potential to unify the titles.
    When Floyd was earning a billion times more than his opponents he gave them what they were worth, they all got career high paydays but nobody got close to what Floyd took as he was the draw. Guys like Victor Ortiz brought a WBC title and top Ring rating yet didn't demand half of the $40 million pot, he took his couple of million dollars that he was worth.

    So saying AJ should give Wilder half of his money is silly, yet AJ is the "ducker." Ridiculous.

    Wilder is just another opponent for AJ, should he win the next man in line will become the fans/media favourite to dethrone him. AJ is a long way from being crowned an ATG yet. Long way.
    The difference is that Mayweather was at a whole other level as most of his opponents. Pacquiao was the only fighter that was truly demanded that he fight so Pacquiao was able to get a good chunk of the money because the people demanded the fight. AJ can take most of the money with any other HW because no other fight besides Wilder is that interesting. So for that reason, Wilder can demand more.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,082
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    432
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Breazeale, Miller, Kownacki, Ruiz Jr are based Stateside, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Takam, Hughie Fury, even Chisora, as well as Whyte could all claim to be Wilder's 2nd or 3rd best opponent ever, take the alphabet away he really doesn't offer much more than these guys.

    Wilder is no different to anyone else chasing the Joshua money, that's why he will refuse Whyte for a career high purse because he knows he'll make 3-times that taking a 20% cut of AJ's loot.

    If Povetkin's team hadn't been so lapse in covering their tracks Wilder wouldn't even currently be in the picture.
    Whether or not you think Wilder isn’t as good as some other HWs, almost all boxing fans want the AJ vs Wilder match. That’s the match everyone wants. AJ isn’t a big star because he is so great but because he is a good HW from the UK that has the potential to unify the titles.
    When Floyd was earning a billion times more than his opponents he gave them what they were worth, they all got career high paydays but nobody got close to what Floyd took as he was the draw. Guys like Victor Ortiz brought a WBC title and top Ring rating yet didn't demand half of the $40 million pot, he took his couple of million dollars that he was worth.

    So saying AJ should give Wilder half of his money is silly, yet AJ is the "ducker." Ridiculous.

    Wilder is just another opponent for AJ, should he win the next man in line will become the fans/media favourite to dethrone him. AJ is a long way from being crowned an ATG yet. Long way.
    The difference is that Mayweather was at a whole other level as most of his opponents. Pacquiao was the only fighter that was truly demanded that he fight so Pacquiao was able to get a good chunk of the money because the people demanded the fight. AJ can take most of the money with any other HW because no other fight besides Wilder is that interesting. So for that reason, Wilder can demand more.
    The way boxing is today, it's not about being on a whole nother level. like Fenster said, it's about who is the draw. I'm not condoning it, but that's how it is. Wilder could make more money getting 40% against Joshua than he has made for ALL his combined career purses put together.
    If Wilder doesn't want that, Then Joshua's team can make many other fights that make him £20,30 or 40 Mill. Financially he doesn't need Wilder, but Wilder sure as fuck needs Joshua.
    The other thing is , If Wilder thinks he's worth 50/50 , and if he wants it in the states , no problem. all his team need to do is put together a better package for everyone than team Joshua is putting together.
    This is Boxing business, and the reason it is allowed to happen is because the governing bodies have basically sold the sport to the promoters and TV companies.
    The governing bodies ain't worth shit unfortunately.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 03-28-2018 at 12:54 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,964
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2824
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Pacquiao brought fortunes to the table against Floyd, hence Floyd made even more than normal, he didn't take a paycut or give Pacquiao a chunk of his own money. Pacquiao brought HBO PPV to join Floyd's Showtime, brought fans from all over the world hence inflated, extortionate ticket prices, not just for the fight but all manner of events surrounding the event.

    A fighters value is based purely on what he sells, not whether or not the fans think he "deserves" more/the same as his opponent.

    @primo has asked a better question than me - where is Wilder's offer to AJ? Why haven't they offered AJ $30 million to fight in Alabama? How about $50 million for Las Vegas? I'm sure AJ will gladly let Wilder have American TV whilst he keeps UK PPV, he can guarantee thousands of Brits flying to anywhere in the States, will thousands of Americans travel to London in support of Wilder?

    All Wilder has done is demand, demand, demand what Joshua must GIVE, offered nothing. He's not even Joshua's biggest monetary option (or arguably toughest competition) that is Tyson Fury by a long stretch. Should David Haye impress against Bellew he would become Joshua's most lucrative option. Povetkin has the backing of Russian oligarchs who have stumped up fortunes in the past to fund "world" championship events.

    How can you people seriously not understand the difference between a fighter making $2 million and $22 million (a conservative figure in AJ's case)?
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-28-2018 at 03:08 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,770
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3150
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Wilder wins quite easily using his reach and height. Whyte's not that good and his victory last Saturday was too flattering for him.
    I think so too. Wilder keeps him at bay, Whyte gets annoyed, and then gets knocked out. Browne isn't that good. Toney took rounds off of him weighing over 250 pounds and in his mid-40's.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Rumours that Wilder won't be ringside on Saturday because Dillian Whytes gonna be there he's not allowed in the ring
    to face off AJ


    Hearn tears into Wilder

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    If there's any truth to the Wilder no show rumour then i'll be shocked....
    Arguably the biggest future fight in Boxing and the Guy (or his team) don't wanna get the Hype machine rolling?
    Perfect platform to Hype the fight so maybe on the back of the Ortiz win Wilder and his team think he/they don't have to play ball with AJ and believe they can make this a 50-50 split when it happens so are point blank refusing to jump through hoops and come across as the B Side?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    8,993
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1932
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Browne was a totally incompetent bum, so let's discount that

    I reckon Whyte is a decent fighter. He is better schooled than Wilder, he has a good punch and a good chin. He chas shown good stamina too. He would be the best fighter that Wilder has fought.

    Deontay is hugely unorthodox, and he does really go for his knockouts. He has shown good heart against the albeit ancient Ortiz.

    would be a good matchup, but not a great risk/reward scenario for Wilder.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,969
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Browne was a totally incompetent bum, so let's discount that

    I reckon Whyte is a decent fighter. He is better schooled than Wilder, he has a good punch and a good chin. He chas shown good stamina too. He would be the best fighter that Wilder has fought.

    Deontay is hugely unorthodox, and he does really go for his knockouts. He has shown good heart against the albeit ancient Ortiz.

    would be a good matchup, but not a great risk/reward scenario for Wilder.
    I disagree, Ortiz would beat Whyte and is the best opponent Wilder has faced.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. FACT: Dillian Whyte!
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2017, 04:49 AM
  2. Dillian Whyte vs. Michael Grant
    By Hulk in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 09:55 PM
  3. Dillian Whyte v David Allen
    By ross in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 10:05 PM
  4. Dillian Whyte v David Haye
    By smashup in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 01:13 AM
  5. I see Dillian Whyte is reinstated
    By IamInuit in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing