1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Wilder and Whyte will be working ringside for the Joshua v Parker fight so are bound to cross paths and have some verbals which should be explosive, Whyte remains the number 1 mandatory for Wilders WBA belt.

There's no chance Wilder v Joshua happens in the summer as Wilder has only just become {just) a PPV fighter in the USA.

I think Whyte v Wilder should happen next and Eddie Hearn has already offered Wilder a career high payday of around $4 Million and says he will up that offer today to get this fight over the line.

I'm hoping the WBA force this on Wilder anyway and it's a fight i'd love to see.

Who you picking if they meet?
    I like Wilder but even more I like that the heavyweight division is getting notice in America. It will be interesting to see how Dante fairs had his opponents improve. Why do people still say they want to see how his chin holds, he has been checked, granted he gets wobbled but he stays in. He's certainly not the greatest heavyweight but he had talent. I'll take him over Whyte, but no money on it. Damn the heavyweight is waking up in America. I appreciate Klit and what he did but he didn't bring much interest here, he did have one of the best jabs I've seen

I want to see Wilder beat Whyte just to see what split Joshua demands from the unification fight. 50/50 would be fair, in my book. You really want to fight... you fight. If Joshua throws a 70/30 bone at Wilder, he's ducking him.

You put Wilder and Joshua in Vegas.... people will come in droves.
    Las Vegas could be the only place that could generate more money for the fight than London, England.

It would be like the Hatton fan invasion when he fought Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If Billy Joe Saunders was matched with Canelo yet demanded 50% and the fight must happen in the UK everyone would rightly accuse of him of "ducking" for being unrealistic. Saunders is a popular UK fighter but not as popular as Canelo Stateside, so would obviously be the B-side.

Or imagine two Americans were matched like Deontay with Big Baby Miller, he'd be the A-side, get the lions share and call the shots. The only relevance of AJ being British is the fight simply makes more sense here from a money perspective.

Wilder is the A-side against Whyte even if the fight takes place in London, that's why he was offered $4 million, Whyte will get less than half that not more. However, the fight generates more money in London.

Again, Wilder has already turned down two offers to face Joshua and never once publicly made him one, he's quite simply demanded what Joshua must give whilst pretending he's being ducked. Joshua says in the interview above they will make Deontay yet another offer and has already agreed that in the event of a rematch he will gladly take Wilders stipulations.

My only point is about the "ducking" bit - I have no doubt whatsoever they will agree terms eventually, I don't think Wilder is "ducking" him, he's quite simply going to wrangle every penny possible before risking his 0, that's why he wants to swerve Whyte.

Canelo's an anomaly in that his legions of fans would break PPV records if Canelo were to fight an engorged Chocolatito for the "middleweight title". Canelo won a vacant MW belt against Cotto, in a fight where neither were legitimate MW's. He had the unmitigated gall to defend against Amir Khan, then shortly thereafter made a mockery of weight divisions when he fought JCC Jr. at 170. Now he looks like a Ginger Hulk on steroids as he prepares for the GGG rematch, and his fans STILL love him. The Pied Piper should ask for Canelo's autograph.

As such, any comparison between Canelo-BJS and Joshua-Wilder is a bit unrealistic. The latter are both real, deserving, legitimate heavyweight champions.... the glamour division in boxing. As I said before, the fact that Joshua is more popular in the UK than Wilder is in the U.S. should not be taken as a reflection of their records, quality of opponents, or fighting prowess. The British are understandably excited about having a legitimate HW world champion after all these years, and after Fury's comical flameout after that nauseating win over Wlad. Plus, the British tend to be more supportive of their fighters in general. Wilder, on the other hand, is coming along slower in the fan support department, for whatever reason. But he's just as legit. AJ's one win that stands out over Wilder's wins is Wlad. Other than that, they can go tit for tat.

So basically Wilder is more justified in demanding more equal terms than BJS would be in demanding against Canelo. Mind you I didn't say "deserving". I said "justified", as in money-wise. If it was based on "deserving", Canelo wouldn't be anywhere within sniffing distance of a MW belt, much less own one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In reality though, I think that BJS would realistically be justified to ask for 50%. Canelo has done nothing at MW other than lose to GGG. He hasn’t proven that he is even a top 5 MW.

For example, let’s say it was a fair decision and GGG won the fight. I guarantee Canelo would still be getting much more than 50% against BJS just because he is the main Mexican fighter right now. He shouldn’t though because BJS has proven IMO to be a more legit MW. Popularity alone would let Canelo be “justified” for avoiding the fight if BjS thought that he deserved half because he was just as good if not better.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilders response to Eddie Hearns views on why he won't be ringside on Saturday night

Eddie Hearn responded exactly the way Deontay Wilder expected.

Wilder figured Anthony Joshua’s promoter would use his decision to not attend the Joshua-Joseph Parker fight Saturday night in Cardiff, Wales, to make it seem as though Wilder won’t fight Joshua if the heavily favored Joshua gets past Parker.
    The unbeaten WBC heavyweight champion also assumes boxing fans, even many of Joshua’s strongest supporters in the United Kingdom, won’t buy that false narrative.

“I expected Eddie to do that because he needs something to fool the people,” Wilder told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday. “He needs something to tell them. He’ll tell them anything but the truth. Everybody knows I’m not scared. Everybody in America and half of the people over there in England know Deontay Wilder ain’t scared of no man. I just beat the most craftiest, skillful guy in boxing [Luis Ortiz]. We know who’s scared here. We know who’s been trying to get this fight done.
    “Joshua ain’t even mention my name, but I’ve mentioned his name. They don’t want this fight, and so they needed something to fuel their fans up with the excuses, to continue to keep this going. But a lot of the UK fans are waking up, seeing the type of person he really is. They ain’t feeding into the bullsh*t that he’s selling.”
    Wilder was supposed to serve as a guest commentator for Sky Sports’ coverage of the heavyweight title unification bout between England’s Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs), the IBF/IBO/WBA champ, and New Zealand’s Parker (24-0, 18 KOs), who owns the WBO title. Once Joshua and Hearn publicly stated that they wouldn’t allow Wilder to confront him in the ring Saturday night, the knockout artist from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, decided his transatlantic trip wouldn’t be worthwhile because it’d only enable Hearn to use that platform to push the fight Hearn really wants to make next – Wilder versus Dillian Whyte.
    London’s Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs), who knocked out Australia’s Lucas Browne (25-1, 22 KOs) in the sixth round Saturday night, will be ringside for Joshua-Parker. Hearn’s company, Matchroom Boxing, also promotes Whyte.
    Hearn vehemently criticized Wilder’s decision to skip his trip to Cardiff during an interview with iFL TV following the final Joshua-Parker press conference Tuesday (https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-wi...joshua--126637). Wilder considers Hearn’s reaction to his decision nothing more than propaganda to distract fans and media from the fact that Hearn and Joshua don’t want to fight Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) anytime soon.
    “My whole decision of not going to the fight was definitely a team decision, my decision at the end of the day,” Wilder said. “But it was a turnoff when Joshua and his people said that I wouldn’t be allowed in the ring, that he would have extra security and a restraining order and all that stuff. He’s on record saying that. It’s a turnoff to me. The point is why be there if you can’t hype up the biggest heavyweight fight in a long time? They say they want me to hype the fight up, they want me to raise the profile of the fight. What better way than free advertising? That was free advertising. Nobody had to pay for that.
    “But they don’t want this fight. They don’t wanna fight me, and that proved it. For that reason, we felt like we didn’t need to go. Because [Hearn’s] whole focus, his whole, main concern, is about another fighter [Dillian Whyte]. It ain’t got nothing to do with me and Joshua. That’s his whole high right now. He’s not trying to make the Joshua fight. He’s trying to make another fight that we don’t want.”

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh oh I guess dillian Whyte will be on Expedia buying tickets to Alabama now :S

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s all a bit of a game, it’s about who plays better. Wilder wants Joshua (and the big dough.)
    Hearn wants Whyte/Wilder. Wilder is saying to Hearn, “fuck off with Whyte, I call the shots.” So Wilder will only fight Whyte if he is forced to.
    If it’s a mandatory, it’ll go to purse bids and the percentages are decided by the governing bodies. So Hearn will have to put a massive bid in to get Whyte the money he wants. Is it still profitable for Hearn?
    So then Hearn might not want to spend that much. So Whyte has to go to Tuscaloosa, which negates UK PPV as it’ll be 4 o’clock in the morning.
    Are you still with me? Then You watch how quickly Whyte and Hearn say “fuck you” and Hearn will have to make Whyte/AJ.
    Meanwhile, Wilder will carry on ridiculing Hearn,Whyte and AJ while taking on a few bums.
    And then, eventually the pressure will fall on Hearn to make the Wilder fight so he doesn’t lose AJ , And then, Wilder will get his cash out fight with AJ. SIMPLES.
    None of these guys are scared of each other, they just want to win the game!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    It’s all a bit of a game, it’s about who plays better. Wilder wants Joshua (and the big dough.)
    Hearn wants Whyte/Wilder. Wilder is saying to Hearn, “fuck off with Whyte, I call the shots.” So Wilder will only fight Whyte if he is forced to.
    If it’s a mandatory, it’ll go to purse bids and the percentages are decided by the governing bodies. So Hearn will have to put a massive bid in to get Whyte the money he wants. Is it still profitable for Hearn?
    So then Hearn might not want to spend that much. So Whyte has to go to Tuscaloosa, which negates UK PPV as it’ll be 4 o’clock in the morning.
    Are you still with me? Then You watch how quickly Whyte and Hearn say “fuck you” and Hearn will have to make Whyte/AJ.
    Meanwhile, Wilder will carry on ridiculing Hearn,Whyte and AJ while taking on a few bums.
    And then, eventually the pressure will fall on Hearn to make the Wilder fight so he doesn’t lose AJ , And then, Wilder will get his cash out fight with AJ. SIMPLES.
    Would it help if AJ just sacks Eddie and makes the fight with Wilder, using the money he would have paid Eddie and giving it to Wilder?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Would it help if AJ just sacks Eddie and makes the fight with Wilder, using the money he would have paid Eddie and giving it to Wilder?
    Uh, just one question, how does AJ pay himself?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Directly from Sky

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Directly from Sky
    Yeah, ok, whatever. I can’t believe I have to stick up for Hearn, because I’m watching him making himself look a dick, but your comments are dopey and unrealistic.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder wants Joshua.... Hearn wants Whyte/Wilder.

Everybody's assuming Wilder wants Joshua to ensure himself a big payday without risking a possible loss to Whyte which would derail those plans, ok... fine.
    So what's Hearn's deal?

Let's say Wilder fights Whyte. Joshua is fighting now, so while Wilder fights Whyte, Joshua would presumably fight someone else, enroute to a showdown with Wilder.
    Is that it?

Trying to understand here, because from a money standpoint, it's hard to imagine Joshua-Wilder's value going up based on one more stay busy fight for Joshua.
    That is, of course, unless Hearn wants to ensure one more fight from Joshua as champion.

Yes... it's all gamesmanship, and it's hard to tell who if anybody is scared of whom.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn would be mad not to push for wilder v Whyte, either wilder wins and actually becomes a star in blighty and America instead of how people see him even now(beating Ortiz has helped him a bit), or mad man Whyte wins and Hearn gets all the belts setting up Whyte v Joshua 2... Whyte is a great character and if that fellow had a world title belt with all the bad blood between him and Joshua, that fight would sell great in Britain(although lots of fights sell well in Britain :S) .. Hearn has done a really good job with these heavyweights in my opinion, well done to him...

He also needs to get Whyte v wilder made otherwise Whyte might kill him :S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Hearn would be mad not to push for wilder v Whyte, either wilder wins and actually becomes a star in blighty and America instead of how people see him even now(beating Ortiz has helped him a bit), or mad man Whyte wins and Hearn gets all the belts setting up Whyte v Joshua 2... Whyte is a great character and if that fellow had a world title belt with all the bad blood between him and Joshua, that fight would sell great in Britain(although lots of fights sell well in Britain :S) .. Hearn has done a really good job with these heavyweights in my opinion, well done to him...

He also needs to get Whyte v wilder made otherwise Whyte might kill him :S
    That makes sense to me. If he can get Wilder to fight Whyte first it’s a win win for Hearn. The fans want AJ though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has said he's not facing Whyte regardless of money, says Whyte needs to beat Ortiz to prove himself worthy. And said everyone needs to shut the hell up talking about his business.

1. The heavyweight division ain't gonna end after he fight Joshua, ya'll be saying he needs to fight the next man (Very true)

2. Stop being obsessed with Joshua and Whyte, there be loads of mutha fuckers out there to fight (he mentioned the WBC top 15)

3. Stop being concerned with his coin, focus on ya'll own money, he has several big homes and several businesses/investments, he doing just fine.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If Billy Joe Saunders was matched with Canelo yet demanded 50% and the fight must happen in the UK everyone would rightly accuse of him of "ducking" for being unrealistic. Saunders is a popular UK fighter but not as popular as Canelo Stateside, so would obviously be the B-side.

Or imagine two Americans were matched like Deontay with Big Baby Miller, he'd be the A-side, get the lions share and call the shots. The only relevance of AJ being British is the fight simply makes more sense here from a money perspective.

Wilder is the A-side against Whyte even if the fight takes place in London, that's why he was offered $4 million, Whyte will get less than half that not more. However, the fight generates more money in London.

Again, Wilder has already turned down two offers to face Joshua and never once publicly made him one, he's quite simply demanded what Joshua must give whilst pretending he's being ducked. Joshua says in the interview above they will make Deontay yet another offer and has already agreed that in the event of a rematch he will gladly take Wilders stipulations.

My only point is about the "ducking" bit - I have no doubt whatsoever they will agree terms eventually, I don't think Wilder is "ducking" him, he's quite simply going to wrangle every penny possible before risking his 0, that's why he wants to swerve Whyte.

Canelo's an anomaly in that his legions of fans would break PPV records if Canelo were to fight an engorged Chocolatito for the "middleweight title". Canelo won a vacant MW belt against Cotto, in a fight where neither were legitimate MW's. He had the unmitigated gall to defend against Amir Khan, then shortly thereafter made a mockery of weight divisions when he fought JCC Jr. at 170. Now he looks like a Ginger Hulk on steroids as he prepares for the GGG rematch, and his fans STILL love him. The Pied Piper should ask for Canelo's autograph.

As such, any comparison between Canelo-BJS and Joshua-Wilder is a bit unrealistic. The latter are both real, deserving, legitimate heavyweight champions.... the glamour division in boxing. As I said before, the fact that Joshua is more popular in the UK than Wilder is in the U.S. should not be taken as a reflection of their records, quality of opponents, or fighting prowess. The British are understandably excited about having a legitimate HW world champion after all these years, and after Fury's comical flameout after that nauseating win over Wlad. Plus, the British tend to be more supportive of their fighters in general. Wilder, on the other hand, is coming along slower in the fan support department, for whatever reason. But he's just as legit. AJ's one win that stands out over Wilder's wins is Wlad. Other than that, they can go tit for tat.

So basically Wilder is more justified in demanding more equal terms than BJS would be in demanding against Canelo. Mind you I didn't say "deserving". I said "justified", as in money-wise. If it was based on "deserving", Canelo wouldn't be anywhere within sniffing distance of a MW belt, much less own one.
    The same applies for AJ, he sells out stadiums and does millions of PPV regardless of the opponent, he could fight Brockton and still make $25 million.

Wilder just made $2 million to fight Ortiz. He's not a PPV fighter in the US, not even a Vegas fighter. And the only time he ever sees 80,000 fans will be on Joshua's undercard (unless he faces him, of course).

Unfortunately the biggest sellers make the most money not the best fighters, so naturally they get to call the shots. Is it right? Not really. Is it reality? Unfortunately so. Money makes the world go round.

I agree Joshua-Wilder is currently THE best heavyweight matchup to make. I personally couldn't care less where it takes place, how much money they make or what TV networks screen it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information