Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default the experts: can zab do it?

www.boxinginsider.com

Experts Contemplate: Can Zab Do It?
    By Scoop Malinowski

Can Zab do the unthinkable? Can Zab silence the perpetual cocky chimings of Floyd Mayweather this weekend?

We asked several boxing insiders this Question: Does Zab have any chance against the brilliant unbeaten Floyd Mayweather?

Monte Barrett: "Of course, of course. He just gotta be hungry. I mean, Zab's got all the tools. He just gotta be hungry. Hungrier than Floyd. That's all he can be, consistent and hungry. That's it. (Any special technical strategies you'd recommend to Zab?) No. He got everything. They both got, you know, the package. It's just about who want it more. Who's gonna be consistent with it."

Cedric Kushner: "Based on Zab's last performance, no. But he's a capable fighter. I'm gonna say he has a chance but a very slim one. (How can he win, what does he need to do?) The only thing he can do is knock him out, and that's highly unlikely. He can't outbox Floyd. Maybe he gets Floyd on a bad night or something like that. It's really a tough fight for him."

Michael Buffer: "He's got a chance, of course. If he has his head on right, he's an outstanding fighter. Like he was up until the last fight (Baldomir). If you take the top five pound-for-pound fighters in the world, number one would be Mayweather. Number two would be Mayweather. Number three Mayweather. Then you have the rest. I mean, he's that good. So I don't think weight means anything to him. He was a junior lightweight, lightweight, 140 lb. champion. He might be the Henry Armstrong of the 21st century. He could fight in three weight divisions and not worry about the scales."

Thomas Hauser: "Zab can win the fight. But he won't. Floyd's too good. Floyd's too fast. Floyd hits too hard. Floyd's the better schooled professional and Floyd - whatever you think of him as a person - is a consummate professional as far as boxing is concerned. He trains properly for his fights. He shows up in the ring prepared. Zab didn't do either of those things for his fight with Baldomir. And once Zab gets hit he's a different fighter. I just think Floyd's too good for him. Can Zab win? Sure. Zab is a very capable fighter. I just think Floyd is better."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: the experts: can zab do it?

Can Zab? Yes, possibly. Will he? No.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed. its gonna be a close fight but i think PBF has too much. a desperate zab could be overwhelmed as he tries in vain to impress....PBF late tko or else clear UD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can Zab do what? Break new ground in innovative choreography? I think he can

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Can Zab do what? Break new ground in innovative choreography? I think he can
    hahahah,have a cc on me,class!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Can Zab? Yes, possibly. Will he? No.
    CC,well put bro.

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    www.boxinginsider.com

By Scoop Malinowski

Can Zab do the unthinkable? Can Zab silence the perpetual cocky chimings of Floyd Mayweather this weekend?

We asked several boxing insiders this Question: Does Zab have any chance against the brilliant unbeaten Floyd Mayweather?

Monte Barrett: "Of course, of course. He just gotta be hungry. I mean, Zab's got all the tools. He just gotta be hungry. Hungrier than Floyd. That's all he can be, consistent and hungry. That's it. (Any special technical strategies you'd recommend to Zab?) No. He got everything. They both got, you know, the package. It's just about who want it more. Who's gonna be consistent with it."

Cedric Kushner: "Based on Zab's last performance, no. But he's a capable fighter. I'm gonna say he has a chance but a very slim one. (How can he win, what does he need to do?) The only thing he can do is knock him out, and that's highly unlikely. He can't outbox Floyd. Maybe he gets Floyd on a bad night or something like that. It's really a tough fight for him."

Michael Buffer: "He's got a chance, of course. If he has his head on right, he's an outstanding fighter. Like he was up until the last fight (Baldomir). If you take the top five pound-for-pound fighters in the world, number one would be Mayweather. Number two would be Mayweather. Number three Mayweather. Then you have the rest. I mean, he's that good. So I don't think weight means anything to him. He was a junior lightweight, lightweight, 140 lb. champion. He might be the Henry Armstrong of the 21st century. He could fight in three weight divisions and not worry about the scales."

Thomas Hauser: "Zab can win the fight. But he won't. Floyd's too good. Floyd's too fast. Floyd hits too hard. Floyd's the better schooled professional and Floyd - whatever you think of him as a person - is a consummate professional as far as boxing is concerned. He trains properly for his fights. He shows up in the ring prepared. Zab didn't do either of those things for his fight with Baldomir. And once Zab gets hit he's a different fighter. I just think Floyd's too good for him. Can Zab win? Sure. Zab is a very capable fighter. I just think Floyd is better."
    cc for getting an opinion from Michael Buffer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

www.boxinginsider.com

By Scoop Malinowski

Holy Crap (read the proper term)!! Since when is a fight announcer an "expert"??!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabby
    www.boxinginsider.com

By Scoop Malinowski

Holy Crap (read the proper term)!! Since when is a fight announcer an "expert"??!!!
    I wouldn't go as far to call him an expert, but he has seen a hell of alot of big fights. I'd say his opinion weighs a little.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why wouldn't his opinion count for god's sake.. What makes a boxing expert, is there a degree?? The guy has been ringside and in the ring before after and during thousands of huge fights.. Are you kidding me buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say this. If PBF gets tooocky, and too overconfident, it's not impossible to believe Zab could catch him with something and shock most of us.

I seriously doubt it, but it's not impossible. Furthermore, IMO, Castillo beat PBF the first time. So he CAN be beaten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare
    I'll say this. If PBF gets tooocky, and too overconfident, it's not impossible to believe Zab could catch him with something and shock most of us.

I seriously doubt it, but it's not impossible. Furthermore, IMO, Castillo beat PBF the first time. So he CAN be beaten.
    I dont think PBF will come in to cocky or overconfident. He knows what Zab can do and he will plan accordingly. The only way Zab wins is if he gets a lucky shot in to KO PBF. If not then Zab loses.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather has gotten cocly or overconfident a lot recently and it got him hit against Corley and Mitchell.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Mayweather has gotten cocly or overconfident a lot recently and it got him hit against Corley and Mitchell.
    What did Mitchell do to him? Honestly he won every round of that fight...

And he only got hurt once versus Corley. When Zab gets over confident...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the end of the 2nd or 3rd round he talks to Mitchell's corner and Mitchell hits him with a 2 punch combination that moves him back. It doesn't take away the 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the round Mayweather won, but still.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    At the end of the 2nd or 3rd round he talks to Mitchell's corner and Mitchell hits him with a 2 punch combination that moves him back. It doesn't take away the 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the round Mayweather won, but still.
    But still Mayweather won. And after Mitchell called Zab a fag, you'd think Zab would want revenge. Oh, that's right, Floyd took his back.

Thread Information