Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whyte vs Povetkin..

How does this fight go down if it happens?

Whyte will be fighting another 38 year old drug cheat..let’s not forget Whyte also had his issues.

Will this guarantee a Wilder or Joshua fight?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whyte vs Povetkin..

Wilder has turned the offer down so Povetkin would be a good challenge for Whyte.

Dillion was very confident after seeing Povetkin struggling and being hurt against Price. Think he wins this on points.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be a good contest, Whyte is pretty good an we'll up for it just now and nearly ten years younger. I thought povetkin has been looking less vicious in his last three fights, for whatever reason wink wink :S... But he still gets a lot of power on his punches and mixes them up well, landed some good body shots on price. He also looked more ponderous to me. 38 might not be old for the really big guys but for a smaller fellow like povetkin who fights the way he does it certainly is old.

Whyte is a big fellow too, six foot four I think, so I would give him the edge due to size and youth.

Although I'm pretty sure povetkin team can tell Hearn to bugger off with Whyte, povetkin is right up there in the rankingand doesn't need to risk it, it would be brave from povetkin and if he takes it on well done to him!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin vs. Whyte would be the ideal fight to add to a Wilder-Joshua event.

I'm sure a prime version of Povetkin would beat Whyte, but the Russian is getting old so now it's closer to a 50-50 fight.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    How does this fight go down if it happens?

Whyte will be fighting another 38 year old drug cheat..let’s not forget Whyte also had his issues.

Will this guarantee a Wilder or Joshua fight?
    Useless fight. Povetkin is in line to fight Joshua now, he needs not fight Whyte who got his ass whooped already by Joshua. Whyte can fight Wilder, however.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Useless fight but a far better style match than Whyte vs Wilder and Povetkin vs AJ.

Povetkin has missed his window, he got popped for PEDs, and he's just older now he's not beating Wilder or AJ.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I must be the only mug that gives Povetkin a chance with AJ or Wilder, a small one granted, but a chance nonetheless. He's basically got one route to victory, exactly the same way he beat Price, or beats anyone, get close and bomb away. He's got that overhand right and left hook to get the job done. AJ and Wilder both have the stature to keep him on the outside, that said neither are as polished as a prime Wlad, Povetkin would get opportunities.

Yeah it was Price and he gets chinned a lot, but I can see him getting the same punches home on Wilder or AJ, if he does, he's got enough pop to crack them.

I love the way Povetkin sticks to a moving target to land his finisher, class skills.

Proper banana skin for Whyte. He doesn't have the range advantages of Wilder or AJ so he's got to match him on an even playing field. I don't think he's a better boxer or fighter. Swerve it Dillian.
    Last edited by Memphis; 04-05-2018 at 06:09 AM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Povetkin is made for Whyte, he will come forward and eat his punches. It will be like Whytes last fight.

Whyte was salavating at the prospect of fighting Povetkin in June.

El Kabong Guest

Povetkin's time is running out in the division. He's a skilled fighter, he's tough, he's got good handspeed, and power but he's small in stature, he doesn't move his head enough, and he gets tied up once on the inside and trying to work and those things do him no favors vs the top heavyweights.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kubrat Pulev has accepted an IBF final eliminator against Dillian Whyte and would be ready to fight in June, says the Bulgarian's promoter Nisse Sauerland.

The IBF have ordered Pulev to fight Whyte, with the winner becoming mandatory challenger for the belt held by Anthony Joshua, who completed a points win over Joseph Parker in Saturday's unification clash in Cardiff.

Sauerland has confirmed the fit-again Pulev wants to earn another shot at Joshua after pulling out of an October fight through injury and hopes to reach a deal with Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn.

"I just hope Dillian accepts it, we have," Sauerland exclusively told Sky Sports. "We have accepted the position and we're ready to go.

"We have worked with Eddie successfully for a number of years now. He is the most straightforward out there to work with and we believe we are as well. I think it's relatively easy.

"Everyone wants the Joshua fight now. Everyone wants a Deontay Wilder fight. Both guys are world champions, they deserve to be world champions, but both guys have weaknesses as we've seen. It's exciting at the moment, the heavyweight division."

Whyte has plenty of options to consider as he is the No 1 ranked contender by the WBC, while he also holds a lofty position with the WBA and could target Alexander Povetkin, or the winner of Manuel Charr's WBA 'regular' title defence with Fres Oquendo in Chicago on May 4.

But Sauerland believes Pulev, a popular star in his home country, could create enough revenue to lure Whyte to Bulgaria, but is also willing to face the Brixton man at The O2 on a potential date in June.

"My brother is already in touch with Eddie obviously, and so am I," said Sauerland. "The good thing is - both ways there is commercial value to it.

"In Bulgaria, Kubrat is a national hero, sells 20,000 [tickets] when he fights. Dillian obviously headlines at The O2, and is an interesting fighter in his own right. It's a big fight, either way we look at it.

"Two great contenders, great commercial interest, and a world title shot against Anthony Joshua on the line. The IBF don't mess around with mandatories. If you get in that mandatory spot, you're the mandatory.

"June could work definitely. Kubrat's in training again, so it would work well. He's recovered from the injury and ready to go again."

Whyte has voiced his desire to avenge a 2015 knockout by Joshua, the sole defeat on his professional record, while Pulev's only loss came via stoppage to Wladimir Klitschko in 2014.

"Dillian in himself has grown as a fighter," said Sauerland. "Since the Dereck [Chisora] fight, he's improved.

"The [Robert] Helenius one might not have been his best performance, but Robert Helenius is still a decent fighter, and against Lucas Browne as well.

"Kubrat isn't Lucas Browne or Robert Helenius. He's on a different level I believe."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartandhp

El Kabong Guest

Whyte should beat Kubrat and it would be a decent win for him too, he's right around that level.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends how much Pulev and Povetkin have gone down, but I reckon Whyte could lose to either of those 2 and Wilder. If he beats any of them 3 next, I’ll give him full credit, and to be honest, if he FIGHTS any of them 3 next, I’ll also give him props. Like was said a few days ago, he seems like the one who’s getting matched harder than anyone else relatively speaking.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think I must be the only mug that gives Povetkin a chance with AJ or Wilder, a small one granted, but a chance nonetheless. He's basically got one route to victory, exactly the same way he beat Price, or beats anyone, get close and bomb away. He's got that overhand right and left hook to get the job done. AJ and Wilder both have the stature to keep him on the outside, that said neither are as polished as a prime Wlad, Povetkin would get opportunities.

Yeah it was Price and he gets chinned a lot, but I can see him getting the same punches home on Wilder or AJ, if he does, he's got enough pop to crack them.

I love the way Povetkin sticks to a moving target to land his finisher, class skills.

Proper banana skin for Whyte. He doesn't have the range advantages of Wilder or AJ so he's got to match him on an even playing field. I don't think he's a better boxer or fighter. Swerve it Dillian.
    You are not the only one, my friend. I STRONGLY believe that Wladimir should have been PENALIZED for all of that clenching, holding and pressing down on the back of the neck of Povetkin in their fight.

That was not a fight. But a waste of time.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Whyte should beat Kubrat and it would be a decent win for him too, he's right around that level.
    If he is in an elite fighter, top dollar capacity, he should not only beat Kubrat but beat him mercilessly!

Hidden Content

Thread Information