Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Share/Bookmark
    Addicted to_boxing Guest

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Manny doesn’t want to fight Crawford. In his head or in reality. It would be ugly for Manny
    Yea he should stay away from Crawford and Spence.

Rematch Horn, fight Khan, a Vargas rematch, hell I think he still beats Broner at this stage.
    Basically you are suggesting he should be a biatch and cash checks for easy 💰💲💰. I thought he was a professional fighter ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Manny doesn’t want to fight Crawford. In his head or in reality. It would be ugly for Manny

Rematch Horn, fight Khan, a Vargas rematch, hell I think he still beats Broner at this stage.
    Basically you are suggesting he should be a biatch and cash checks for easy 💰💲💰. I thought he was a professional fighter ?
    Professional fighters fight for money.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post

Professional fighters fight for money.
    Also Manny is getting on in age, these guys are in their primes. I want the best vs the best, for me at 147 that's Spence vs Crawford. I'd prefer Manny not delaying that fight if possible. He may be fed to Crawford anyway. I also think Manny would be better off at 140.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao end up working together?

After sending Lucas Matthysse into retirement, Pacquiao called out Floyd Mayweather for a rematch. Although Mayweather is uninterested in stepping back into the ring, another idea piqued his interests.

Pacquiao said during the buildup after his seventh-round knockout win of Lucas Matthysse that he is a promotional free agent and no longer with promoter Bob Arum. The news of hearing his chief rival on the market got the pound-for-pound great thinking what he could with the eight-division world champion.

"Actually, I'm [going to] get on the phone with Pacquiao after this call see if we can put him in position," Mayweather said to Fighthype.com. There's a lot of good competition out there that he could fight. I wouldn't mind making Pacquiao against Mikey Garcia."

Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) is one of the top fighters in the sport. This past weekend, he became the unified lightweight champion after defeating Robert Easter Jr. by unanimous decision. After the fight, Garcia turned his attention IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr.

Many in boxing feel that Garcia may be biting off more than he can chew with Spence Jr. because he would be jumping up two weight classes to battle one of the fastest rising stars in boxing. That sentiment is also shared by Mayweather, who believes that the man who helped him break pay-per-view records is the perfect foil for Garcia. Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KOs) is still one of the biggest names in the sport, even at 39 years of age. Even though Pacquiao is past his prime, it is still a high profile fight for Garcia and can be made at a more agreeable weight of 140 pounds. Garcia wouldn't be undersized and Pacquiao would have little problem making the junior welterweight limit.

It can be argued that Pacquiao should have hung up the gloves after his performance against Matthysse. At this stage of the game, he has nothing left to prove. He can't add to his legacy but he can certainly hurt it. Nevertheless, Pacquiao wants to continue on for reasons that are likely financially driven.

"I can't knock Manny Pacquiao for what he wants to do, that's his prerogative," Mayweather said.

When Pacquiao disposed of Matthysse, he called for a rematch vs. Mayweather. They fought in May 2015 with Mayweather winning by unanimous decision. Thankfully, "Money" shut the idea down, but is willing to help Pacquiao maximize his earning potential, even if it means taking on one of the best pound for pound fighters today in Garcia.

"If he still wants to go out there and make money, be victorious that's his prerogative. You do whatever you want to do. I don't have nothing [sic] against Manny Pacquiao. Of course, he's supposed to call the Mayweather name. I'm probably going to be one of the biggest names of all time in this sport, if not the biggest name. When you call the Mayweather name out, I mean, you speaking dollars.

"I'm not really doing interviews but I've been asked the question probably seven times, with one saying, 'why are you scared to fight Pacquiao' - like beating him once wasn't good enough. It is was it is and Pacquiao is a future Hall of Famer, a hell of a champion and a hell of a guy. But the best man won and I was the best man."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/flo...180510429.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information