1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    True, we all want the fight made and do not particularly care how much they get. They have representatives who are paid to negotiate the best deal. I just hope the fight is made before Wilder loses.
    Or AJ, a win over Povetkin is no sure thing.
    You said the same thing about Parker. AJ beats Povetkin just as easily.
    So AJ is invincible now? Anything can happen in a fight, especially with heavyweights, but I never once thought AJ would lose, barring something bizarre happening.

Povetkin, even this old version is a much tougher fight, styles make fights. Look back at my posts about Parker before the fight, I kept saying he needs to stop going backwards, backing up to the ropes and corners. When he stood his ground and lead he had success in that fight. Povetkin will be much more aggressive.
    Parker did nothing really in the fight, AJ laughed at his basic attack. AJ is not invincible but he is too big and skilled for Parker and Povetkin's of the world.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, we all want the fight made and do not particularly care how much they get. They have representatives who are paid to negotiate the best deal. I just hope the fight is made before Wilder loses.
    So AJ is invincible now? Anything can happen in a fight, especially with heavyweights, but I never once thought AJ would lose, barring something bizarre happening.

Povetkin, even this old version is a much tougher fight, styles make fights. Look back at my posts about Parker before the fight, I kept saying he needs to stop going backwards, backing up to the ropes and corners. When he stood his ground and lead he had success in that fight. Povetkin will be much more aggressive.
    Parker did nothing really in the fight, AJ laughed at his basic attack. AJ is not invincible but he is too big and skilled for Parker and Povetkin's of the world.
    I like AJ as much as the next man. But I reckon it’s a bit blasé to think he’s “too skilled” for Povetkin.
    I honestly believe Povetkin of 5 years ago would probably beat the AJ of now.
    Maybe Povetkin has gone slightly over the hill and the (deserved) drugs bans have fucked up his momentum, but I still think he gives AJ Problems.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I like AJ as much as the next man. But I reckon it’s a bit blasé to think he’s “too skilled” for Povetkin.
    Maybe Povetkin has gone slightly over the hill and the (deserved) drugs bans have fucked up his momentum, but I still think he gives AJ Problems.
    The Povetkin version that fought Wlad would give AJ problems but that was 5 yaers ago and he is not the same fighter as he was then. He has slowed down and looks more vulnerable.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Povetkin version that fought Wlad would give AJ problems but that was 5 yaers ago and he is not the same fighter as he was then. He has slowed down and looks more vulnerable.

The Povetkin version that fought Wlad would ask AJ to jump on his back repeatedly throughout the fight, just for old times sake.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe that AJ rose to the height of his career when he defeated Vladimir. He will never be able to Eclipse that performance.

He is right for the taken especially after two piss poor performances

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That may be true, but you are beginning to sanctify AJ Like is the second coming of Muhammad Ali when you say he’s too skilled for an experienced guy like Povetkin.
    Like I said, I like AJ, but he has a lot of improving to do . At this moment, he is a physically chiselled best of a bad bunch.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea @Master is starting to enter AJ fan boy territory.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think that Povetkin of five years ago would beat AJ today then you either think that AJ is awful or you are really overrating Povetkin.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been saying for a long time Povetkin will iron Wilder and is Joshua's biggest threat. He's not flashy, has no bells and whistles but he's the most rock solid all-round fundamentally, easily proven to be the toughest, years of top-class experience, certainly has the pop (explosive slip inside left hook has got the big boys names written all over it) and although methodical, produces enough bursts to always be dangerous.

The Wlad fight is basically irrelevant (styles and all.. plus he didn't look like he had the supercow pumping through his veins then), however, Wlad should have been DQ'd in the first round, needed to make in a non-fight and still couldn't get rid of him.

Wilder and Joshua will try to take his head off which inturn gives him a great chance of taking theirs
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wilder and Joshua will try to take his head off which inturn gives him a great chance of taking theirs
    Will AJ try and do that or will AJ stick to the more cautious approach that we saw against Parker?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Will AJ try and do that or will AJ stick to the more cautious approach that we saw against Parker?
    Yeah AJ will most definitely show the refined maturity he did against Parker, rightly so, however, that still makes it a boxing/punchers match, he wont spoil, smother on the inside and constantly climb on top of Povetkin like Wlad did.

Granted AJ has improved big time from the amateurs, however, anyone that thinks Povetkin isn't a threat needs to watch some of those eastern euros giving AJ kittens back then. Styles... left hooks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea @Master is starting to enter AJ fan boy territory.
    Stop that! I am just saying AJ beats Povetkin as easily as he did Parker.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice try At deflecting the point in case Ron. But the $12.5 million figure was bought into the public domain by Finkel.
    Hearn explained in the link (which you probably chose to ignore.) that this offer was based on 30-35% of what HE BELIEVES THE FIGHT IS WORTH. why does he have to take all the risks and base things on what Finkel thinks the fight will make?
    Furthermore , he also explained that while certain people are talking about a $100 Million fight, by the time you take out all the costs and nett down the figures , that’s what he’s basing his offer on. Are you still with me, or have I lost you?
    Now you talk about “everyone knows deals are based on percentages”, well yes. But you don’t offer based on the gross figure, sensible people offer on the nett after expenses. After all, why shouldn’t fighters take some of the risk as well. I mean, they are an important factor in this.
    So in a nutshell, he DID offer a percentage, just not based on “Fantasy Finkel’s” figures.
    Finally, you try to defend Wilder’s team because they’re a small time unit. Well, they’re not that small they can’t pluck BIG numbers out of the air.
    If you wanna play with the big boys, be prepared to get your fingers burnt.
    Say it all you want, it’s just wrong. Why not make it simple and offer him 35%. You and I both know the answer. FTR Wilder has responded offering the flat 50 AJ said he wanted. Bet AJ doesn’t accept, why, we both know why, not because AJ is scared, because NOBODY accepts a flat fee when a percentage is worth more

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Nice try At deflecting the point in case Ron. But the $12.5 million figure was bought into the public domain by Finkel.
    Hearn explained in the link (which you probably chose to ignore.) that this offer was based on 30-35% of what HE BELIEVES THE FIGHT IS WORTH. why does he have to take all the risks and base things on what Finkel thinks the fight will make?
    Furthermore , he also explained that while certain people are talking about a $100 Million fight, by the time you take out all the costs and nett down the figures , that’s what he’s basing his offer on. Are you still with me, or have I lost you?
    Now you talk about “everyone knows deals are based on percentages”, well yes. But you don’t offer based on the gross figure, sensible people offer on the nett after expenses. After all, why shouldn’t fighters take some of the risk as well. I mean, they are an important factor in this.
    So in a nutshell, he DID offer a percentage, just not based on “Fantasy Finkel’s” figures.
    Finally, you try to defend Wilder’s team because they’re a small time unit. Well, they’re not that small they can’t pluck BIG numbers out of the air.
    If you wanna play with the big boys, be prepared to get your fingers burnt.
    Say it all you want, it’s just wrong. Why not make it simple and offer him 35%. You and I both know the answer. FTR Wilder has responded offering the flat 50 AJ said he wanted. Bet AJ doesn’t accept, why, we both know why, not because AJ is scared, because NOBODY accepts a flat fee when a percentage is worth more
    Flat 50 ? Did I miss this? I may have done. Link please . Thanks.

Regarding the “offer him 35%” smokescreen, read my post And stop choosing to ignore it. (I’ve put it in bold to help you. Don’t mention it.)
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 04-26-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking hell Ron, I just noticed , your reply just now was to my post from 5 DAYS AGO!
    Suppose I won’t hold my breath waiting for a reply to my post above this one!

Thread Information