183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Floyd v Manny was $100 for HD version.
    Did you sick in your mouth a bit when you looked that up?

Lets sell it at $100 then. We've got 100,000,000. 50 for Showtime, 50 for AJ. Still need more money Dude.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

Lets sell it at $100 then. We've got 100,000,000. 50 for Showtime, 50 for AJ. Still need more money Dude.
    Give me a minute to look behind the sofa, I think I will find it.

How stupid are people to pay that amount for crap like this?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Showtime would get a small percentage most of the money goes to the cable providers. Time Warner and such.

But there are other revenue streams. Sponsorships make millions.(straight to them) Gate for this would be over 10 million(straight to them), UK PPV. Site fee. All the TV contracts around the world. They don’t need it to bring in 100 million to walk away winners. If they keep 80 Wilder walks with 30. Team Wilder is not banking on it keeping 100/120 or more, although not out of the realm of possibility. They are banking on making far more than 12.5.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    On the face of it, Joshua must accept the offer, in principle at least. You could argue that he already has with his lets roll comment, how formal does it need to be? I for one wanted them to come back with an actual counter offer rather than a request for more money. They on the face of it at least have done that. The toss can be argued over all manner of nonsense but the fact remains, Joshua said give me $50 million, they've said OK.

The numbers side of things are still a mystery to me. Wilder's mob started peddling the $100 million dollar fight line but if they plan on genuinely giving AJ $50 million, they'll need a hell of a lot more than that. I've accused the $100 million club of wanting all of the money from all of the revenue sources from both sides of the pond all at the same time. If Wilder, or anyone else for that matter is considering getting paid, they'll need all that dough and then some.

A rarity here....... someone who says "Ok I wanted to see "X" happen and it did, so I've recalibrated my opinion." Why is that so hard for people in general?

So here we are, with Wilder's team having made that very much wanted counter offer.

One thing puzzles me and I don't necessarily agree with. You say if they plan on paying Joshua $50 million, they'll need to have the fight make "a hell of a lot more than" the famous $100 million figure. How so? Unless third parties or the IRS are going to take an outsized bite out of Wilder's take, he stands to make a hell of a lot more than the paltry $12.5 million Hearn first threw at him. Again, I'm not pushing the $100 million narrative, but if it does make that much and Joshua gets $50 million, how is that not good for Wilder?
    I think we need to be clear about how we're defining 'The Pot' or how much money the fight makes. When I say $100 million, I mean gross, total revenue. I'm struggling to understand where $100 million gross comes from. If we're talking $100 million left in the pot for AJ and Wilder to share, then I'm really struggling.

If we take Ron's suggestion that the fight does 1 million PPV buys in the US, that's 50 million, which again as Ron pointed out, Showtime will take 50% of. So the biggest single source of income is now worth 25 million. You've now got to double your biggest single source of income to make enough money just to pay Joshua what you promised. No one else is getting paid any money yet.
    Fight won't be 50$. It will be 74.95 at least.
    Blimey. I thought 50 a pop was taking the piss. And a million people are going to buy at 75 bucks?
    I don’t know how many people will buy but 74.95 is rather common for HD here and nobody buys not HD(64.95). I just know everyone is talking about it here. There is buzz. It’s the first significant HW title fight since Lewis/Klitschko.

I think a lot of people are missing the very specific wording Eddie is using “secured”, not gathered. Secured

se·cure
    səˈkyo͝or/Submit
    verb
    past tense: secured; past participle: secured
    fix or attach (something) firmly so that it cannot be moved or lost.
    "pins secure the handle to the main body"
    synonyms: fix, attach, fasten, affix, connect, couple More
    make (a door or container) hard to open; fasten or lock.
    "doors are likely to be well secured at night"
    synonyms: fasten, close, shut, lock, bolt, chain, seal
    "the doors had not been properly secured"
    protect against threats; make safe

My best friend is one of the leading international financing people in the world so I’m well aware of what “secured” money is. It is separate and bound by a contract. So Al can’t put 50 million in an account and say look, there it is. That is not secured. Asking for secured money without a contract is nonsense. It’s gibberish. People need to pay close attention to what Eddie is saying because it’s literally impossible the way he is saying it.
    So Al wont secure the money against an 'in principle' agreement?

I'm really struggling with the idea that someone is posting a dictionary definition, so that we're all understanding things in details, yet on the other hand chastising someone for wanting a bit of due diligence and proper process to take place before committing to what amounts to a vague proposition. One seems to be at odds with the other doesn't it

Perhaps there is a language difference because here "we'll explore that" and "we'll agree to that" are very very different. Not even the same ballpark.
    What about Joshua's response, directly to Wilder on Instagram? Does that cut it as an in principle acceptance?
    Last edited by Memphis; 04-28-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    On the face of it, Joshua must accept the offer, in principle at least. You could argue that he already has with his lets roll comment, how formal does it need to be? I for one wanted them to come back with an actual counter offer rather than a request for more money. They on the face of it at least have done that. The toss can be argued over all manner of nonsense but the fact remains, Joshua said give me $50 million, they've said OK.

The numbers side of things are still a mystery to me. Wilder's mob started peddling the $100 million dollar fight line but if they plan on genuinely giving AJ $50 million, they'll need a hell of a lot more than that. I've accused the $100 million club of wanting all of the money from all of the revenue sources from both sides of the pond all at the same time. If Wilder, or anyone else for that matter is considering getting paid, they'll need all that dough and then some.

A rarity here....... someone who says "Ok I wanted to see "X" happen and it did, so I've recalibrated my opinion." Why is that so hard for people in general?

So here we are, with Wilder's team having made that very much wanted counter offer.

One thing puzzles me and I don't necessarily agree with. You say if they plan on paying Joshua $50 million, they'll need to have the fight make "a hell of a lot more than" the famous $100 million figure. How so? Unless third parties or the IRS are going to take an outsized bite out of Wilder's take, he stands to make a hell of a lot more than the paltry $12.5 million Hearn first threw at him. Again, I'm not pushing the $100 million narrative, but if it does make that much and Joshua gets $50 million, how is that not good for Wilder?
    I think we need to be clear about how we're defining 'The Pot' or how much money the fight makes. When I say $100 million, I mean gross, total revenue. I'm struggling to understand where $100 million gross comes from. If we're talking $100 million left in the pot for AJ and Wilder to share, then I'm really struggling.

If we take Ron's suggestion that the fight does 1 million PPV buys in the US, that's 50 million, which again as Ron pointed out, Showtime will take 50% of. So the biggest single source of income is now worth 25 million. You've now got to double your biggest single source of income to make enough money just to pay Joshua what you promised. No one else is getting paid any money yet.
    Fight won't be 50$. It will be 74.95 at least.
    Blimey. I thought 50 a pop was taking the piss. And a million people are going to buy at 75 bucks?
    I don’t know how many people will buy but 74.95 is rather common for HD here and nobody buys not HD(64.95). I just know everyone is talking about it here. There is buzz. It’s the first significant HW title fight since Lewis/Klitschko.

I think a lot of people are missing the very specific wording Eddie is using “secured”, not gathered. Secured

se·cure
    səˈkyo͝or/Submit
    verb
    past tense: secured; past participle: secured
    fix or attach (something) firmly so that it cannot be moved or lost.
    "pins secure the handle to the main body"
    synonyms: fix, attach, fasten, affix, connect, couple More
    make (a door or container) hard to open; fasten or lock.
    "doors are likely to be well secured at night"
    synonyms: fasten, close, shut, lock, bolt, chain, seal
    "the doors had not been properly secured"
    protect against threats; make safe

My best friend is one of the leading international financing people in the world so I’m well aware of what “secured” money is. It is separate and bound by a contract. So Al can’t put 50 million in an account and say look, there it is. That is not secured. Asking for secured money without a contract is nonsense. It’s gibberish. People need to pay close attention to what Eddie is saying because it’s literally impossible the way he is saying it.
    So All wont secure the money against an 'in principle' agreement?

I'm really struggling with the idea that someone is posting a dictionary definition, so that we're all understanding things in details, yet on the other hand chastising someone for wanting a bit of due diligence and proper process to take place before committing to what amounts to a vague proposition. One seems to be at odds with the other doesn't it

Perhaps there is a language difference because here "we'll explore that" and "we'll agree to that" are very very different. Not even the same ballpark.
    What about Joshua's response, directly to Wilder on Instagram? Does that cut it as an in principle acceptance?
    From my perspective yes, I’ve never thought AJ has a problem with the fight.

This is why I included the definition, Al can’t secure the money against an in principle agreement. That’s why I point to Eddie’s very specific and impossible wording. Al can move money to a separate account and say “look, we have it”. And he already said yesterday he would. But he can’t secure it.

What seems to be missed is all the details Eddie says he wants sorted before agreeing, including his impossible secure demand. Al can show him the money, Eddie can agree and they can begin negotiations. That is what team Wilder is asking for. That is how fights are made(except asking to see the money is unusual) they are only asking for an agreement in principle because the last “negotiations” were not in good faith.

If Eddie agrees in principle they negotiate, it’s not unusual. It’s so common it’s exactly what Eddie just asked Wilder to do except his offer sucked.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In case anyone is curious everyone from Wilders team including Wilder is in New York now to meet with Eddie. Supposedly the money is in escrow(semi secured until there is a contract)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't understand why people are putting so much stock in AJ's words, he is a fighter, he doesn't do the negotiating, could you imagine someone letting Sam Eggington agree the terms to his own fights? He's end up getting in the ring for £20 and a bacon sandwich.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I can't understand why people are putting so much stock in AJ's words, he is a fighter, he doesn't do the negotiating, could you imagine someone letting Sam Eggington agree the terms to his own fights? He's end up getting in the ring for £20 and a bacon sandwich.
    Stop defending Eddie. He is obviously worried that they have called his bluff and trying to worm his way out of the fight. Eddie is probably hiding in a corner now crying.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop defending Eddie. He is obviously worried that they have called his bluff and trying to worm his way out of the fight. Eddie is probably hiding in a corner now crying.
    Where the fuck do you get that I am defending Eddie from that? getting boring now Master.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where the fuck do you get that I am defending Eddie from that? getting boring now Master.
    Because you are insinuating that Eddie does his negotiation.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because you are insinuating that Eddie does his negotiation.
    You sir are an idiot

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Breazeale agreed for June or July?

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/...r-june-or-july

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some more recent nonsense from Hearn

“My concern is for Deontay Wilder, Wilders team is selling him a dream of an upside that doesn’t exist” grade A BS

He asked to see the money, Haymon obliges. Now he says he needs to know where the money came from to protect their brand. Just amazingly silly

He said he won’t consider a deal until they demonstrate how they intend to generate the money from the fight. They aren’t in the business of teaching Eddie business.

His claims get more absurd by the day. And don’t forget how he keeps changing his silly requests every time his silly requests are met.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie- I want ....
    Wilders team- done
    Eddie- but I also need....
    Wilders team- done
    Eddie- well f, they give me everything I ask for, I need to get crazy with my demands

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly don't think that either team is 'ducking' the other, I just think that both teams want to get the best deal possible, its called negotiating, I negotiate with solicitors every day, they want £10,000 I want to offer them £3000 we both know that it will settle at around £6000, how often do you think we reach an agreement after one phone call or within 24 hours? I'll tell you, very fucking rarely, it often take at least a month.

we are not talking £6000 we are talking $50,000,000 to expect someone to just say within 24 hours 'yeah that looks good, I'll go for that' is fucking ludicrous.

Thread Information