Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  75
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 481

Thread: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Share/Bookmark
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,201
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    367
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    FTR I just want the fight and will pick Joshua.

    Just, if you say give me 50 and I’ll sign tomorrow then they are okay here’s 50. You don’t go, well 50, but also...

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,698
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Judging from this thread alone, if I was Deontay Wilder I'd fire Shelley Finkel and hire Ron Swanson. If nothing else, Hearn would be exasperated into making the fight ASAP.
    Joshua has said it’s next, your welcome
    Next will be Povetkin for AJ and Wilder will fight someone AJ has already beat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,201
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    367
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Judging from this thread alone, if I was Deontay Wilder I'd fire Shelley Finkel and hire Ron Swanson. If nothing else, Hearn would be exasperated into making the fight ASAP.
    Joshua has said it’s next, your welcome
    Next will be Povetkin for AJ and Wilder will fight someone AJ has already beat.
    This negotiations is so weird. They asked for an amount, Wilders team gave it. Then they ask for proof of funds, then they say they didn't ask for proof of funds. Then they have 6 or 7 questions and according to Barry Hearn "to be fair to the other side they've answered those questions but THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS there are MANY DETAILS". The story just keeps changing. Now Joshua is talking about taking less money to have it in the UK that everyone comes to the UK. What is he talking about? Pick one story and stick to it. The ever changing stories are very team Pacquiao. Just fight FFS. I was hyped for this, they are killing my interest.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,816
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1580
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    If theres any truth in this AJ seems pretty confident that negotiations are pretty close to being sorted.

    Joshua: I'll Rain Down Hell on Wilder, F*** Him Up Real Bad


    WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) has issued a warning to Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), who holds the WBC heavyweight crown.
    The two camps are currently in serious negotiations for a highly anticipated unification in the coming months.
    Joshua is now the owner of four world titles - after picking up the WBO title with a twelve round unanimous decision win over Joseph Parker in March at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.


    A few weeks ago, Wilder's handlers sent Joshua an guaranteed offer of $50 million to stage the fight in the United States.
    The two sides are still going back and forth on the details.
    “Luckily, we’ve got enough time to make the fight happen and we’re working on it. We’ve just sent another draft email over to them. It’s just the technical jargon that we’re going through right now," Joshua told The Sun.
    Back in March, Wilder recovered from a dire seventh round to score a tenth round knockout of undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    Wilder has cautioned that he might close the book on Joshua in the early moments of their potential showdown.
    Joshua, a 2012 Olympic gold medal winner, says there is no fear of Wilder's power - and the British superstar plans to be very aggressive in the early rounds.
    “I ain’t got nothing to lose and I’m [going to] rain down hell on him – I’m going to f*** him up bad. You’ve seen it, I can go to hell and back. I enjoy it there as well, this time I’m going to own it," Joshua said.
    “We’re big hitters, so for sure I’m going to be throwing a lot of combination punches and it’ll be interesting. I think he’ll be trying to pick punches. I’ll just be coming forward and swinging a lot of combinations, just trying to catch him and hurt him early on.”

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,201
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    367
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If theres any truth in this AJ seems pretty confident that negotiations are pretty close to being sorted.

    Joshua: I'll Rain Down Hell on Wilder, F*** Him Up Real Bad


    WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) has issued a warning to Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), who holds the WBC heavyweight crown.
    The two camps are currently in serious negotiations for a highly anticipated unification in the coming months.
    Joshua is now the owner of four world titles - after picking up the WBO title with a twelve round unanimous decision win over Joseph Parker in March at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.


    A few weeks ago, Wilder's handlers sent Joshua an guaranteed offer of $50 million to stage the fight in the United States.
    The two sides are still going back and forth on the details.
    “Luckily, we’ve got enough time to make the fight happen and we’re working on it. We’ve just sent another draft email over to them. It’s just the technical jargon that we’re going through right now," Joshua told The Sun.
    Back in March, Wilder recovered from a dire seventh round to score a tenth round knockout of undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    Wilder has cautioned that he might close the book on Joshua in the early moments of their potential showdown.
    Joshua, a 2012 Olympic gold medal winner, says there is no fear of Wilder's power - and the British superstar plans to be very aggressive in the early rounds.
    “I ain’t got nothing to lose and I’m [going to] rain down hell on him – I’m going to f*** him up bad. You’ve seen it, I can go to hell and back. I enjoy it there as well, this time I’m going to own it," Joshua said.
    “We’re big hitters, so for sure I’m going to be throwing a lot of combination punches and it’ll be interesting. I think he’ll be trying to pick punches. I’ll just be coming forward and swinging a lot of combinations, just trying to catch him and hurt him early on.”
    Tough talk doesn't work if you keep moving the goalposts about how to make the fight.

    Do what you say Joshua, stop changing demands And destroy him.

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1072
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    So far I've been thinking if the fight doesn't happen it's wonders fault cus his record suggests he's the cherry picker but now Joshua's saying it's uk or not at all then that suggests he's hiding behind home advantage.

    his last two fights were ruined by having a hometown ref. 1 jumped in too early when takam was in no danger and in the Parker fight the ref told off the New Zealander every time he got close. Now josh wants another dodgy hometown fight
    likewise if wilder didn't have hometown advantage vs Ortiz who knows if he would've survived if he wasn't given extra time to recover.
    both want the hometown advantage so it should be neutral

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,563
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    352
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    I actually had a dream last night that I watched this fight. AJ landed a huge hook in the first round and knocked Wilder out in the first round.

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1437
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,698
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.
    Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1437
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.
    Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?
    But he would only been seen as a ducker really by the american fans, and we know whatever he accomplishes as a heavyweight he will never be fully accepted by them. I mean Lennox Lewis beat everyman he ever stepped into the ring with and fought in the enemies backyard over and over again and still the americans were not impressed.

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,698
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.
    Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?
    But he would only been seen as a ducker really by the american fans, and we know whatever he accomplishes as a heavyweight he will never be fully accepted by them. I mean Lennox Lewis beat everyman he ever stepped into the ring with and fought in the enemies backyard over and over again and still the americans were not impressed.
    If AJ insists that it has to be US and there is more money in the fight if it was there then he would be ducking the fight.

    Lennox beat all and only a fool would say he never beat the best fighters available.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1437
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.
    Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?
    But he would only been seen as a ducker really by the american fans, and we know whatever he accomplishes as a heavyweight he will never be fully accepted by them. I mean Lennox Lewis beat everyman he ever stepped into the ring with and fought in the enemies backyard over and over again and still the americans were not impressed.
    If AJ insists that it has to be US and there is more money in the fight if it was there then he would be ducking the fight.

    Lennox beat all and only a fool would say he never beat the best fighters available.
    I remember years ago defending lennox all day long against the americans on this site and others.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,698
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Moneywise makes sense to be in Vegas but if you were AJ would you really want to fight in vegas when you have a guaranteed full stadium in UK. We know Wilder has no following so if I was AJ I would be like ' in UK or not at all'.
    Then you are seen as the ducker, does he want to be called that and is it a real deal breaker?
    But he would only been seen as a ducker really by the american fans, and we know whatever he accomplishes as a heavyweight he will never be fully accepted by them. I mean Lennox Lewis beat everyman he ever stepped into the ring with and fought in the enemies backyard over and over again and still the americans were not impressed.
    If AJ insists that it has to be US and there is more money in the fight if it was there then he would be ducking the fight.

    Lennox beat all and only a fool would say he never beat the best fighters available.
    I remember years ago defending lennox all day long against the americans on this site and others.
    Lennox was undisputed and even beat Briggs to make sure there was no doubt.

    AJ must beat Wilder although he is the best heavyweight right now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    37,966
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4692
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Wilder..400k Twitter followers...AJ..2 million. Case closed . I'm using the espn logic they use to hype kids they want to be the next Oscar.

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If theres any truth in this AJ seems pretty confident that negotiations are pretty close to being sorted.

    Joshua: I'll Rain Down Hell on Wilder, F*** Him Up Real Bad


    WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) has issued a warning to Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), who holds the WBC heavyweight crown.
    The two camps are currently in serious negotiations for a highly anticipated unification in the coming months.
    Joshua is now the owner of four world titles - after picking up the WBO title with a twelve round unanimous decision win over Joseph Parker in March at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.


    A few weeks ago, Wilder's handlers sent Joshua an guaranteed offer of $50 million to stage the fight in the United States.
    The two sides are still going back and forth on the details.
    “Luckily, we’ve got enough time to make the fight happen and we’re working on it. We’ve just sent another draft email over to them. It’s just the technical jargon that we’re going through right now," Joshua told The Sun.
    Back in March, Wilder recovered from a dire seventh round to score a tenth round knockout of undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    Wilder has cautioned that he might close the book on Joshua in the early moments of their potential showdown.
    Joshua, a 2012 Olympic gold medal winner, says there is no fear of Wilder's power - and the British superstar plans to be very aggressive in the early rounds.
    “I ain’t got nothing to lose and I’m [going to] rain down hell on him – I’m going to f*** him up bad. You’ve seen it, I can go to hell and back. I enjoy it there as well, this time I’m going to own it," Joshua said.
    “We’re big hitters, so for sure I’m going to be throwing a lot of combination punches and it’ll be interesting. I think he’ll be trying to pick punches. I’ll just be coming forward and swinging a lot of combinations, just trying to catch him and hurt him early on.”
    Tough talk doesn't work if you keep moving the goalposts about how to make the fight.

    Do what you say Joshua, stop changing demands And destroy him.
    I have to say, I’m slowly coming round to @Ron Swanson’s line of thinking. AJ Opened his big mouth and put a price down. Team Wilder have (allegedly) come up with that and now Eddie is saying UK or nothing.
    Like Ron, I believe if the fight happened, AJ Wins, but that’s almost irrelevant .
    If the detail all shows the Wilder offer to be bigger, then really for Eddie to get it in the UK, he needs to beat what Wilder gets in the US.
    I said before, if it doesn’t happen next, it’s unlikely to happen , or at least happen when it means so much. And that’s exactly what I think will happen.
    On a side note , Eddie is saying if it’s not in the UK, it’s Povetkin next. I believe that is currently the most dangerous fight out there for him. I’m falling short of a prediction in favour of Povetkin, but I think he might expose a few flaws in AJ. That’s if he isn’t over the hill.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-31-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Wilder/Stiverne purses- Wilder's was bigger!
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 04:32 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM
  3. let it begin
    By bigshot in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:32 AM
  4. Let the Unification Begin
    By Wacko3205 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
  5. Interested to begin
    By Erik in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 08:11 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing