Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Nice try At deflecting the point in case Ron. But the $12.5 million figure was bought into the public domain by Finkel.
    Hearn explained in the link (which you probably chose to ignore.) that this offer was based on 30-35% of what HE BELIEVES THE FIGHT IS WORTH. why does he have to take all the risks and base things on what Finkel thinks the fight will make?
    Furthermore , he also explained that while certain people are talking about a $100 Million fight, by the time you take out all the costs and nett down the figures , that’s what he’s basing his offer on. Are you still with me, or have I lost you?
    Now you talk about “everyone knows deals are based on percentages”, well yes. But you don’t offer based on the gross figure, sensible people offer on the nett after expenses. After all, why shouldn’t fighters take some of the risk as well. I mean, they are an important factor in this.
    So in a nutshell, he DID offer a percentage, just not based on “Fantasy Finkel’s” figures.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice try At deflecting the point in case Ron. But the $12.5 million figure was bought into the public domain by Finkel.
    Hearn explained in the link (which you probably chose to ignore.) that this offer was based on 30-35% of what HE BELIEVES THE FIGHT IS WORTH. why does he have to take all the risks and base things on what Finkel thinks the fight will make?
    Furthermore , he also explained that while certain people are talking about a $100 Million fight, by the time you take out all the costs and nett down the figures , that’s what he’s basing his offer on. Are you still with me, or have I lost you?
    Now you talk about “everyone knows deals are based on percentages”, well yes. But you don’t offer based on the gross figure, sensible people offer on the nett after expenses. After all, why shouldn’t fighters take some of the risk as well. I mean, they are an important factor in this.
    So in a nutshell, he DID offer a percentage, just not based on “Fantasy Finkel’s” figures.
    Finally, you try to defend Wilder’s team because they’re a small time unit. Well, they’re not that small they can’t pluck BIG numbers out of the air.
    If you wanna play with the big boys, be prepared to get your fingers burnt.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Finally, you try to defend Wilder’s team because they’re a small time unit. Well, they’re not that small they can’t pluck BIG numbers out of the air.
    If you wanna play with the big boys, be prepared to get your fingers burnt.
    you can say that again

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-we...wilder--127348

This is a peach of a comment from Hearn:

"Joshua has overpaid his opponents. He overpaid Charles Martin, he overpaid Dillian Whyte, he overpaid Breazeale, he overpaid Takam, he overpaid Parker. We ain't doing it again. We're not going to overpay Deontay Wilder for this fight."

Oh..... ok. Joshua makes a habit of overpaying opponents, and now that the prospect of one of the biggest HW title fights in decades is looming, with the US suddenly being in the picture...... NOW he decides he's not going to overpay Wilder, but rather stuff him with a pitiful offer take it or leave it.

Classic shit.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How does Wider being offered his biggest ever offer, a rematch clause and a chance to make history and claim all the belts, somehow become "he is getting stuffed"?

12 million not 12 cents. I don't think he even wants to fight Whyte let alone Joshua.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    How does Wider being offered his biggest ever offer, a rematch clause and a chance to make history and claim all the belts, somehow become "he is getting stuffed"?

12 million not 12 cents. I don't think he even wants to fight Whyte let alone Joshua.
    Because 12 million is derisory in comparison to the value of the fight. It looks like Eddie is scared his meal ticket may lose. He has never looked right since he saw Wlad knock down AJ.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just keep repeating the same shit over and over again, not one person that originally started with the idea Wilder was being ducked has changed their opinion -regardless of the information provided into the respective values of the boxers, the actual projected value of the fight, the percentage split offered and the actual offer of 5-x-his biggest purse.

Meanwhile team Wilder offered NOTHING but fantasy, never once was they questioned, never once did anyone say maybe they're talking bollocks, never once did anyone say the numbers do look a bit odd, no, they were right all along. Right about the 100 million. Right about the 50%. Right about being offered slave contracts. And in their absolute silence they are right again.

Hearn is a deceiving lying cunt.
    Wilder and Finkle and DiBella have been shafted.

Next up Wilder fights Breazeale for $2 million, Joshua fights Miller/Povetkin for $30 million and the same fans keep repeating over and over again that Joshua ducked Wilder by not giving him a bigger percentage of $100 million!

Hilarious waste of time, as usual.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-22-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Just keep repeating the same shit over and over again, not one person that originally started with the idea Wilder was being ducked has changed their opinion -regardless of the information provided into the respective values of the boxers, the actual projected value of the fight, the percentage split offered and the actual offer of 5-x-his biggest purse.

Meanwhile team Wilder offered NOTHING but fantasy, never once was they questioned, never once did anyone say maybe they're talking bollocks, never once did anyone say the numbers do look a bit odd, no, they were right all along. Right about the 100 million. Right about the 50%. Right about being offered slave contracts. And in their absolute silence they are right again.

Next up Wilder fights Breazeale for $2 million, Joshua fights Miller/Povetkin for $30 million and the same fans keep repeating over and over again that Joshua ducked Wilder by not giving him a bigger percentage of $100 million!

And you know why don’t you? Because it suits certain people on here to just think Hearn is a cunt. But when the FACTS blow their theory out of the water, they can’t admit that they were wrong and swallowing Team Wilder’s bullshit has made them look like a cunt.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

And you know why don’t you? Because it suits certain people on here to just think Hearn is a cunt. But when the FACTS blow their theory out of the water, they can’t admit that they were wrong and swallowing Team Wilder’s bullshit has made them look like a cunt.
    Visa versa

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Because 12 million is derisory in comparison to the value of the fight. It looks like Eddie is scared his meal ticket may lose. He has never looked right since he saw Wlad knock down AJ.
    Appallingly derisory, for starters. When a guy can knock people out with glancing blows, suddenly things appear a little different.

The way AJ crumpled and he literally crumpled you can see the shiver of the Shockwave of that right hand Shimmer from his head right down his body as he crumpled to the canvas. I think Wilder hits quite a bit harder than forty-one-year-old Wlatimer

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We can continue the eternal merry-go-round. Those who want to believe the only deciding factor here is what Wilder has earned in the past, versus those who actually see that whatever purse the fight generates is going to be largely due to the fact that it's Joshua vs. Wilder, not Joshua vs. TBA. So Team Wilder has been shitty at promoting their fighter. Does that mean they're obliged to take scraps from Team Joshua?

Having said that, I have no problem with both Joshua and Wilder taking another fight before their showdown. Joshua can proceed with Povetkin... and Wilder can fight whoever Wilder is supposed to fight. Assuming they both win, which is by no means a given, then their own fight will be that much bigger..... and Hearn will probably bump up his offer to $13 million.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Appallingly derisory, for starters. When a guy can knock people out with glancing blows, suddenly things appear a little different.

The way AJ crumpled and he literally crumpled you can see the shiver of the Shockwave of that right hand Shimmer from his head right down his body as he crumpled to the canvas. I think Wilder hits quite a bit harder than forty-one-year-old Wlatimer
    Two minutes ago , you were saying Joshua KO’s Wilder
    And the American, Italian, Armenian, South Korean backstroke Champion is.......

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We can continue the eternal merry-go-round. Those who want to believe the only deciding factor here is what Wilder has earned in the past, versus those who actually see that whatever purse the fight generates is going to be largely due to the fact that it's Joshua vs. Wilder, not Joshua vs. TBA. So Team Wilder has been shitty at promoting their fighter. Does that mean they're obliged to take scraps from Team Joshua?

Having said that, I have no problem with both Joshua and Wilder taking another fight before their showdown. Joshua can proceed with Povetkin... and Wilder can fight whoever Wilder is supposed to fight. Assuming they both win, which is by no means a given, then their own fight will be that much bigger..... and Hearn will probably bump up his offer to $13 million.
    Yep.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Two minutes ago , you were saying Joshua KO’s Wilder
    And the American, Italian, Armenian, South Korean backstroke Champion is.......
    I was on about Eddie looking shit scared.

AJ would win, just make the fight and unify the division, it is there for the taking. The poor level of heavyweights is one of the reasons AJ won the so early title and had so many defences. Wilder has a punchers chance but AJ should see him off.

Pay Wilder and unify. The money is there.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yep.

Compelling counter. I'll call Wilder and give him the bad news.

Thread Information