Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

I feel like I need to wait until it is all said and done to really comment. The offer from Wilder sounds great but we don’t know all the specifics and if it’s just a smokescreen. Once they meet together on Friday, I hope we have more details that we can see if one side really is ducking the other.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On the face of it, Joshua must accept the offer, in principle at least. You could argue that he already has with his lets roll comment, how formal does it need to be? I for one wanted them to come back with an actual counter offer rather than a request for more money. They on the face of it at least have done that. The toss can be argued over all manner of nonsense but the fact remains, Joshua said give me $50 million, they've said OK.

The numbers side of things are still a mystery to me. Wilder's mob started peddling the $100 million dollar fight line but if they plan on genuinely giving AJ $50 million, they'll need a hell of a lot more than that. I've accused the $100 million club of wanting all of the money from all of the revenue sources from both sides of the pond all at the same time. If Wilder, or anyone else for that matter is considering getting paid, they'll need all that dough and then some.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it comes off, I quite like the fact that there’s no rematch clause stipulation. Whoever wins holds ALL THE BELTS! There’s gonna be a lot of mandatories and these other fighters have patiently waited in line.
    There should only ever be a rematch if the first fight was either shrouded in controversy or was too close to call.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And also , if Wilder’s team are putting it on, I have no problem with Wilder getting home advantage and I don’t even care if he gets 50%!
    Hell, if his team can afford to pay Joshua a figure he’s happy with, Wilder can even get 60% for all I care.
    Let’s wait and see what materialises.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thoughts on Wilder v Joshua!

Completely disagree with points 4 &5, if they don't fight this year they should fight the best of the rest

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thoughts on Wilder v Joshua!

The fight will be in the UK or USA because that is where it will make the most money.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    And also , if Wilder’s team are putting it on, I have no problem with Wilder getting home advantage and I don’t even care if he gets 50%!
    Hell, if his team can afford to pay Joshua a figure he’s happy with, Wilder can even get 60% for all I care.
    Eddie would be upset if Wilder gets that much.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    On the face of it, Joshua must accept the offer, in principle at least. You could argue that he already has with his lets roll comment, how formal does it need to be? I for one wanted them to come back with an actual counter offer rather than a request for more money. They on the face of it at least have done that. The toss can be argued over all manner of nonsense but the fact remains, Joshua said give me $50 million, they've said OK.

The numbers side of things are still a mystery to me. Wilder's mob started peddling the $100 million dollar fight line but if they plan on genuinely giving AJ $50 million, they'll need a hell of a lot more than that. I've accused the $100 million club of wanting all of the money from all of the revenue sources from both sides of the pond all at the same time. If Wilder, or anyone else for that matter is considering getting paid, they'll need all that dough and then some.

A rarity here....... someone who says "Ok I wanted to see "X" happen and it did, so I've recalibrated my opinion." Why is that so hard for people in general?

So here we are, with Wilder's team having made that very much wanted counter offer.

One thing puzzles me and I don't necessarily agree with. You say if they plan on paying Joshua $50 million, they'll need to have the fight make "a hell of a lot more than" the famous $100 million figure. How so? Unless third parties or the IRS are going to take an outsized bite out of Wilder's take, he stands to make a hell of a lot more than the paltry $12.5 million Hearn first threw at him. Again, I'm not pushing the $100 million narrative, but if it does make that much and Joshua gets $50 million, how is that not good for Wilder?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Wilder’s team are stumping up the cash to put the show on , then it is absolutely fuck all to do with Eddie what Wilder gets.
    No different to if it was the other way round. His man gave a figure and Wilder reckons they can come up with that, and that’s all they need to know.
    Have to say , I’ll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are saying 'if AJ doesn't accept this offer then he is ducking Wilder' and shit like that but surely people understand that there is more to it that the final $$$ figure.

I mean the date and venue offered could be massive stumbling block along with the rematch clause (or lack thereof) AJ or Wilder will put their signature on the contract but that contract will only be presented to them when the people above believe it to be right, if it was just a case of fighters saying 'give me this much and I'll fight' then we would have a lot more big name fights.

I'm not getting into the realms of who is ducking who I'm just saying I don't give a fuck who gets what as long as the fight is made, I blame social media and sporting stars access it.

Do it in private and announce it when it is done.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Wilder’s team are stumping up the cash to put the show on , then it is absolutely fuck all to do with Eddie what Wilder gets.
    No different to if it was the other way round. His man gave a figure and Wilder reckons they can come up with that, and that’s all they need to know.
    Have to say , I’ll believe it when I see it.
    If the fight is worth $150 million then I am sure Eddie would want more.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    People are saying 'if AJ doesn't accept this offer then he is ducking Wilder' and shit like that but surely people understand that there is more to it that the final $$$ figure.

I mean the date and venue offered could be massive stumbling block along with the rematch clause (or lack thereof) AJ or Wilder will put their signature on the contract but that contract will only be presented to them when the people above believe it to be right, if it was just a case of fighters saying 'give me this much and I'll fight' then we would have a lot more big name fights.

I'm not getting into the realms of who is ducking who I'm just saying I don't give a fuck who gets what as long as the fight is made, I blame social media and sporting stars access it.

Do it in private and announce it when it is done.
    Yes, quite. And that’s exactly what AJ said. But then he goes and says “if they give me $50 mill and I’ll sign”
    So , ultimately he has to live by that.
    Of course, Wilder’s team have to back up their offer , so we shall see.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a reason why elite boxers have so many people around them, AJ says give me 50 mill and I'll take the fight here and now, all of a sudden the legal eagles are on it saying ' percentage of this, percentage of that, merchandise of this, ticket sales of that, rematch for this, dodgy decision for that, but what about this, what happens if he pulls out, what happens if you pull out, neither of you will get pregnant but pulling out doesn't stop the risk of AIDS, and not good AIDS, you wanna make sure that you have yourself covered just in case you slip getting out of the shower yada yada yada, AJ will probably never see that $50 mill contract until it has got past the mathematicians above him.

yeah I've had a drink, but I still say I don't give a shit what either of the cunts get until it is signed, as long as the fight happens I'llm be happy

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All they have to do is agree in principle, and Al will move the money. Nobody moves 50 million for nothing. (What Eddie is asking them to do) Just agree in principle(bonds you in no way)and then make an attempt to hammer out the details.

Eddie will say "they won't meet with me" but Finkell is quite clear they have the money, they will show Eddie and secure if they simply agree in principle. And they will meet to sort it out. When Eddie stops distracting and says "we want it" there will be a fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-m...-claim--127564

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can anyone here remember any time in boxing history a promoter asks to see the money secured before even beginning negotiations?

Ask yourself does he think Al doesn't have the money? Or is this more likely an absurd distraction?

Thread Information