Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ray Wilkins Dies age 61 in Hospital following recent heart attack

The England midfielder, coach and football pundit who played for Chelsea, Man Utd, A.C Milan, Rangers and QPR has died.

He was a great player and a very insightful pundit/commentator who shall be missed here in the UK.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ray Wilkins Dies age 61 in Hospital following recent heart attack

That has come out of the blue.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was recently a coach down the villa, that'll be enough to give anyone a dodgy ticker.

He was a raging alcoholic wasn't he, I'm surprised that his alcohol abuse hasn't been mentioned as a cause.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    He was recently a coach down the villa, that'll be enough to give anyone a dodgy ticker.

He was a raging alcoholic wasn't he, I'm surprised that his alcohol abuse hasn't been mentioned as a cause.
    I think it is too early for them to say what it is but he was recently in trouble with the law for drink driving I think.

Seemed a nice man and all his fellow pundits speak very highly of him.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was a gentleman - R.I.P.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Captain of Chelsea at nineteen. A great footballer. RIP.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great player and a top bloke.

Sad day
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's been loads of amazing stories come out about him since he died and nobody has a bad word to say about him . He was a true Gentleman and will be sadly missed. this tribute from Nigel Quashie is so touching.

" I will always be proud to say how lucky I am to have been coached, managed and even meet you. If it wasn’t for you I would never have started my career playing football and will never forget going to Manchester United as a YTS trainee to do all the kit and boots in the changing room for the first team squad. 1hr 30 mins before kick off you name the team and I was in it and that’s how my debut went, I didn’t even get to think about it because all you said was your number 18, here are your boots and shin pads , just go and play, have fun and treat it like your over the park with your mates . My mum never had a mobile phone back then because we couldn’t afford anything like that and everything went through her work or home phone. I asked you after the game if I could call home to speak to her, you said use my mobile and call this number, it was my mum on the other end of the line and she said she was outside by the away team bus, I went outside to see her and asked how did you get here because I knew she couldn’t afford it, she told me Ray had got the club to pay for her train ticket to come to the game and then told me Ray got the club to give us our first mobile phone in life during the week and he wanted to surprise me knowing I was making my debut. I was given a chance by Ray Wilkins one of the legends of the game and to this day you are the first person I mention when it comes to football and that will never change. You will be missed so much not just in the football world but as a real human being with such class. Thanks for everything and my thoughts go to all the family. Sleep well Sir Ray Wilkins 🔵⚪️💙#raywilkins #legend #football #pureclass #qpr"
    "
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eric Bristow has also died. All the stars of the 80's seem to be dying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RIP Ray, loved listening to him on Talksport

Thread Information