Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Degale v Eubank Jnr...?

Although Eubank Jnr was totally exposed against George Groves i think Degale should look at this fight, it'd do decent numbers (I reckon this could sell out the O2 in London) and be a proper domestic grudge match, i also think with Degales "sit on the ropes" style it would end up in an out an out war and actually suit Eubanks style.

Possibly the biggest money fight out there for Degale as well and at this stage of his career it could be a wise move to cash in.

Olympic Gold Medal winner and 2 time World Champion so he's had a decent career really but hasn't looked great in a while now and Eubank would no doubt jump at the offer.

Speaking about DeGale’s determination to fight the winner of the World Boxing Super Seriessuper-middleweight tournament final between George Groves and Callum Smith, BBC boxing analyst Steve Bunce recommended he go another route.
    “Why not just go separately? Go down and do a deal with Eubank Jr,” Bunce implored on last week’s 5 Live Boxing podcast.

"I would fight Chris Eubank Jr if it's a money fight but if I'm being honest he chats too much s***,” DeGale told Express Sport.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...dleweight-WBSS

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Degale v Eubank Jnr...?

What has Jr done to deserve a title shot? I would prefer to see him fight the loser of the final if he doesn't fight the winner, Jr has no business being spoken about in SMW title fights at the moment.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't have to be about "The Belts" Jnr brings way more money than Callum Smith and Degale might be tempted to throw him a bone, cash in and get the grudge match going.

Eddie Hearn has recently claimed he could put this fight together in minutes and guarantee Degale a career high payday

I've got a feeling Degale will start making noise for a Groves rematch but a Eubank fight would still be a decent fight, i'd actually pick Jnr to beat Degale too.

Where the fuck is Eubank Jnr anyway?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s funny how short our memories are.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your on about Eubank Jnr looking shit against Groves then that is exactly what could sway Degale into believing this is low risk and high return.
    Degales a free agent and not tied to a "Promoter", Eddie Hearn has publicly told him to fight Eubank and to come and see him and he'll make the fight.

I think Degale knows deep down that he's on the slide, maybe he'll push for the Groves rematch instead but he'd make a shitload of money fighting Eubank and probably sees it as an easier fight

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

regardless of whether I feel he deserves it or not I can't see DeGale risking ending his career on a loss to Jr, especially after Groves beat him at a canter, it would be like a double humiliation to DeGale 'IF' he lost

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    regardless of whether I feel he deserves it or not I can't see DeGale risking ending his career on a loss to Jr, especially after Groves beat him at a canter, it would be like a double humiliation to DeGale 'IF' he lost
    Agreed..there’s to much pride on the table.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Degale is on the slide based on his last 2 fights and will wait it out for Groves v Smith winner.

A fit Degale would box circles around Junior.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If your on about Eubank Jnr looking shit against Groves then that is exactly what could sway Degale into believing this is low risk and high return.
    Degales a free agent and not tied to a "Promoter", Eddie Hearn has publicly told him to fight Eubank and to come and see him and he'll make the fight.

I think Degale knows deep down that he's on the slide, maybe he'll push for the Groves rematch instead but he'd make a shitload of money fighting Eubank and probably sees it as an easier fight
    It’s not just looking shit against Groves. It’s about him having never been trained by anyone and that was highlighted. He’s only fought 2 decent boxers,and his lack of skills were cruelly exposed both times.
    He is not World level, and he is never likely to be because he won’t listen and learn from a trainer.
    I almost have to applaud the guy for getting as far as he has just on fitness and as Bellew would say, being a “YouTube Boxer!”
    And that is only the start.... outside the ring,his team is a fucking shambles. His Dad is still there, and that will restrict his chances of getting a fight. Warren won’t deal with Sr. Sr. Won’t deal with Hearn , ITV have gone quiet, Hennessy isn’t going to cut it with Sr.
    So there we have it. Why don’t we just forget about this prick?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

It’s not just looking shit against Groves. It’s about him having never been trained by anyone and that was highlighted. He’s only fought 2 decent boxers,and his lack of skills were cruelly exposed both times.
    He is not World level, and he is never likely to be because he won’t listen and learn from a trainer.
    I almost have to applaud the guy for getting as far as he has just on fitness and as Bellew would say, being a “YouTube Boxer!”
    And that is only the start.... outside the ring,his team is a fucking shambles. His Dad is still there, and that will restrict his chances of getting a fight. Warren won’t deal with Sr. Sr. Won’t deal with Hearn , ITV have gone quiet, Hennessy isn’t going to cut it with Sr.
    Because people love to discuss meaningless domestic matchups for some reason. Fighter A is on the slide, match him with fighter B who can’t box. Huge money, repeat. It isn’t just Haye/Bellew, it’s everywhere and people love it SMDH

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Because people love to discuss meaningless domestic matchups for some reason. Fighter A is on the slide, match him with fighter B who can’t box. Huge money, repeat. It isn’t just Haye/Bellew, it’s everywhere and people love it SMDH
    You’re right, but I think that over here they take it to the absolute extreme. I don’t think that generally they would stand for it in the US.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You’re right, but I think that over here they take it to the absolute extreme. I don’t think that generally they would stand for it in the US.
    I agree 1000% but I do my best not to talk about the things that bother me about the UK fight scene because 1)there are many more things I respect about it and 2)Nobody wants to hear a Yankees opinion on that 😂

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree 1000% but I do my best not to talk about the things that bother me about the UK fight scene because 1)there are many more things I respect about it and 2)Nobody wants to hear a Yankees opinion on that 😂
    Hey , there’s pros and cons in the U.K. & the US. I just try to show balance in my opinions, good or bad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The two of them are always waving their willies at each other on social media, so they might as well fight.

Degale is a far superior fighter than Eubank Jr, but he is slipping & sometimes doesn't work hard enough, a bit like Eubank Jr, but unlike Jr, Degale does have the basic fundamentals.

Jr on the other hand has spent a career listening to his father tell everyone how brilliant Jr is & how he's a 'game changer', so consequently, he doesn't think he needs to listen to his trainers.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Thread Information