Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jacobs v Sulecki / Miller v Duhaupas

3 rounds into Jacobs v Polak, I think team Jacobs picked a bad opponent, he's been called a 154 lb fighter but he has spent the most of his career at middleweight, Jacobs is not looking like a superstar at 160 just now...

And when and why did Liam Smith get removed the Saddam Ali fight?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    3 rounds into Jacobs v Polak, I think team Jacobs picked a bad opponent, he's been called a 154 lb fighter but he has spent the most of his career at middleweight, Jacobs is not looking like a superstar at 160 just now...

Smith pulled out with an allergic reaction/ allergy to something.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

Smith pulled out with an allergic reaction/ allergy to something.
    Jaime Munguia is apparently the replacement for Smith.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enjoyed Jacobs/Sulecki. Good fight by Sulecki, he just doesn't have other gears or power. Just good, good, good, good, good.

Thought Jacobs footwork was very sluggish. Now I'm wondering if it's always like that and I just didn't notice it against GGG because GGG is so predictable so having his feet ready is easy. Or if his legs are going.

Will go watch the GGG fight again now.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't have to watch long to see a difference. When Jacobs feels threatened his feet get in place much quicker. Perhaps Sulecki's lack of power made Jacobs a touch lazy. Because he moved his feet sluggish against GGG too when not threatened. Or perhaps his legs are going. Need to see another fight. But if he moved his feet like that against Charlo I think he's in trouble.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought that Jacobs won the fight convincingly. He definitely seemed to be confused at times with what he was doing but won the fight for me for sure.

I never used to be that impressed by Jacobs but then he started impressing me a bit more and after the GGG fight, I was convinced that he was really good. Now, after these last two fights, I’m starting to see him how I used to loom at him. A good fighter that will just barely miss the top.

I think he loses to Charlo and BJS. He may be able to beat GGG in a rematch. He beats Canelo. I don’t know enough about Murata or Derevachenko to make a good prediction.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I thought that Jacobs won the fight convincingly. He definitely seemed to be confused at times with what he was doing but won the fight for me for sure.

I never used to be that impressed by Jacobs but then he started impressing me a bit more and after the GGG fight, I was convinced that he was really good. Now, after these last two fights, I’m starting to see him how I used to loom at him. A good fighter that will just barely miss the top.

I think he loses to Charlo and BJS. He may be able to beat GGG in a rematch. He beats Canelo. I don’t know enough about Murata or Derevachenko to make a good prediction.
    I’m pretty much where you are on fight predictions. Slicker quicker boxers will give him trouble but he matches up well with GGG because he knows where he will be and when. So he can walk him, two piece, walk him two piece. I agreed with his trainer completely during the fight, when he would walk GGG and get off first it was easy. When he let GGG get off first he struggled mightily.

Of course I still think Charlo might not be what he appears. I need to see him meet resistance. Hopefully that’s next and we can know. It will tell a lot about Jacobs too, are his feet still sluggish when he has a killer in the opposite corner

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sulecki really surprised me. It definitely had shades of Pirog fight with the switching up and frequency with which has able to get the straight punches. I can not tell if Jacobs just wanted to or thought he would just blow out the smaller guy with little pop or wasn't all that trained up but he showed very little adjustment.

I've tried to see a way for Miller early on but his approach before and during his last couple is something I cannot get around. Not to take away from Duhaupas as we knew he was a hard nail and compared to what Miller has faced very seasoned, but Miller just languishing on the inside after the predictable huff and puff volley doesn't bode well for future plans. I mean the guys on the mic were at the point of trying to over explain differences in "fat" guys and "healthy big boned" guys. Over 300 lbs is over 300 lbs no matter how you slice it. Kellerman went from Buster Mathis sr to Tyson like uppercuts in the span of 2,3 rounds .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sulecki really surprised me. It definitely had shades of Pirog fight with the switching up and frequency with which has able to get the straight punches. I can not tell if Jacobs just wanted to or thought he would just blow out the smaller guy with little pop or wasn't all that trained up but he showed very little adjustment.

I've tried to see a way for Miller early on but his approach before and during his last couple is something I cannot get around. Not to take away from Duhaupas as we knew he was a hard nail and compared to what Miller has faced very seasoned, but Miller just languishing on the inside after the predictable huff and puff volley doesn't bode well for future plans. I mean the guys on the mic were at the point of trying to over explain differences in "fat" guys and "healthy big boned" guys. Over 300 lbs is over 300 lbs no matter how you slice it. Kellerman went from Buster Mathis sr to Tyson like uppercuts in the span of 2,3 rounds .
    Spicoli as the beat

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first thing I'd do is drop the "Big Baby" moniker and get in reasonable shape. At least the other "Big Baby" I've heard of, Glen Davis, is an NBA basketball player, and he too pushes 300 pounds. I guess the "Big Baby" nickname is reserved by fat athletes with baby-like facial features who'd rather embrace the nickname than lose some weight and look the athlete part.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

The first thing I'd do is drop the "Big Baby" moniker and get in reasonable shape. At least the other "Big Baby" I've heard of, Glen Davis, is an NBA basketball player, and he too pushes 300 pounds. I guess the "Big Baby" nickname is reserved by fat athletes with baby-like facial features who'd rather embrace the nickname than lose some weight and look the athlete part.
    Big baby Davis wanted to lose his nickname but he got stuck with it. That’s what everybody knew him as. Big baby Miller can definitely lose his nickname though because hardly anybody knows him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Makes you wonder what has happened to NY heavyweights. We've gone from Iron Mike to Big Daddy and now Big Baby . Even have a Baby Face Kownacki who weighs one weekend of hot dogs less than Miller. He's fun to watch. To be fair re watched some of Miller and his head isn't the stationary pumpkin all the time. He can roll and slip nicely but it's limited and stops at the torso. That base is another story.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if it was Sulecki or Jacobs, but I had it very close. Maybe Danny wasn't up for the unheralded Pole. At this stage tho based on last fights, I've got Jacobs losing to GGG, Charlo, BJS and Canelo.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not sure if it was Sulecki or Jacobs, but I had it very close. Maybe Danny wasn't up for the unheralded Pole. At this stage tho based on last fights, I've got Jacobs losing to GGG, Charlo, BJS and Canelo.
    I though Jacobs looked really tired by the end... It was a 12 round fight so of course he'd be tired but I think it was more than you would expect, maybe his fitness had something to do with it being fairly close.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titofan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    sulecki really surprised me. It definitely had shades of pirog fight with the switching up and frequency with which has able to get the straight punches. I can not tell if jacobs just wanted to or thought he would just blow out the smaller guy with little pop or wasn't all that trained up but he showed very little adjustment.

I've tried to see a way for miller early on but his approach before and during his last couple is something i cannot get around. Not to take away from duhaupas as we knew he was a hard nail and compared to what miller has faced very seasoned, but miller just languishing on the inside after the predictable huff and puff volley doesn't bode well for future plans. I mean the guys on the mic were at the point of trying to over explain differences in "fat" guys and "healthy big boned" guys. Over 300 lbs is over 300 lbs no matter how you slice it. Kellerman went from buster mathis sr to tyson like uppercuts in the span of 2,3 rounds :-x.

the first thing i'd do is drop the "big baby" moniker and get in reasonable shape. At least the other "big baby" i've heard of, glen davis, is an nba basketball player, and he too pushes 300 pounds. I guess the "big baby" nickname is reserved by fat athletes with baby-like facial features who'd rather embrace the nickname than lose some weight and look the athlete part.
    makes you wonder what has happened to ny heavyweights. we've gone from iron mike to big daddy and now big baby ;d. Even have a baby face kownacki who weighs one weekend of hot dogs less than miller. He's fun to watch. To be fair re watched some of miller and his head isn't the stationary pumpkin all the time. He can roll and slip nicely but it's limited and stops at the torso. That base is another story.

;d ;d

Thread Information