Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor looks great, Winky a little overweight

I aint sure . Taylor up until the B-hop fight had never even lost a round . He beat the then p4p best fighter in the world . He is bigger and hits harder than Wright whos been beaten before . Taylor is undefeated so its a tough one

I reckon it will go to the cards and both side will claim victory . It just depends which judges we have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well said.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky looks fine, he looked like shit before the Soliman fight cause of the flu, he shouldn't have a problem losing the weight

Winky's far more experienced and has more skill, Taylor's the biggest and strongest middle in the world, and he's probably a bit quicker. I think Winky will probably win it cause of his skill and he's the only middle who can probably outjab Taylor. I wouldn't be shocked if Taylor won, but I'm favoring Winky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like Taylor has what it takes to win, but I'm not exactly sure how he can do it. On one hand Taylor needs to impose his size, but on the other hand he is much better on the outside. He will definately need a good gameplan because Wright seems to have a great style to hit Jermain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Winky wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Taylor is going to win he is going to need to risk his reputation as a crowd attraction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My first big fight nosebleed section in Memphis baby! I hope Taylor wins by knockout 8th round. Hes been looking real good, fights is in his backyard and he very loose, a younger stud might out way even 50 fights(like hopkins), you must remember Taylor has a little experience being a Olympic metal winner all the way to b-hop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pulling for Wright. But, with the negotiation bullshat, and the way he's been acting, it don't seem like he's too excited for this fight. I hope I'm wrong. All I know is before the Tito fight, and the Mosely fights, Wright looked good and seemed determined. I just don't get that vibe from him this fight. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, because I pick Wright to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    I'm pulling for Wright. But, with the negotiation bullshat, and the way he's been acting, it don't seem like he's too excited for this fight. I hope I'm wrong. All I know is before the Tito fight, and the Mosely fights, Wright looked good and seemed determined. I just don't get that vibe from him this fight. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, because I pick Wright to win.
    Taylor and DiBella are like thiefs! They never won at first. Winky has been trying hard for a long time and finally got his recognition. Taylor is a fine athlete, but he's messing up his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    We cant read too much into what their bodys look like at this stage . What I find more revealing is how old Winky looks . He has had alot of fights and this may be where it cathces up with him .

Not sure of the outcome on this one . I might wait and see what Miles is saying
    you cheeky devil, you!!!

you are bang on about how old winky looks.....he does look somewhat haggard and world weary...and we mustnt underestimate taylor at all. he looked amateurish against hopkins at times, but then again he was fighting the great b hop. maybe a long in the tooth b hop, but still, a wily and very tricky old boxer nonetheless...

regardless, winky can beat jermaine taylor. i dont want the fight to go to the score cards because taylor seems to get a lot of luck on that front. but on my scorecard im sure winky wright will take the fight. whether the judges see the same fight as i do is a different matter of course....

taylor will open up more against winky but winky will take the punches with effective defence and counter with punches that actually land flush....

I agree with you on that I did not feel he did enough to beat B-hop he was getting beaten from post to post in the last few rounds of their first figth and he proved nothing really in the second except that he was still scared of B-hop. I hope we get fair Judges if it goes to the score cards. I am going for wright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Taylor and DiBella are like thiefs! They never won at first. Winky has been trying hard for a long time and finally got his recognition. Taylor is a fine athlete, but he's messing up his career.

Hmm... He's messing up his carreer... Yea id say so. He beat the number one pfp fighter in the world took the middleweight title and is fighting the number 2pfp fighter in his next outing. I'd say thats a messed up carreer. What about the rest of you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fancy Winky to win a decision in reality but for the judges to give it to Taylor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by briggs
    winky far too classy for jermain taylor.
    Agreed

I can't stand it when I see Taylor in a P4P list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by steady_E
    Quote Originally Posted by briggs
    winky far too classy for jermain taylor.
    Agreed

I can't stand it when I see Taylor in a P4P list

I know. If Taylor had been more spectacular from the beginning, then I would give him his credit. The problem I think is that Taylor barely and I mean "barely" got by Bernard Hopkins. So, now we will see how he does against someone that right now is as good as Hopkins or probably even better now, like Winky Wright. I think once he faces a real challenge, he gonna lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky is a big middleweight. For some reason he looks so much huger than he did when he was at 154, obviously something to do with training.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information