Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cobra Kai

Anyone watching this. I have done the first six episodes. Thought it was going to be crap but I am pleasantly surprised. Proper nostalgia trip and decent enough storyline for new viewers. There’s one episode I almost shed a man tear at - those karate kid fans will know when they see it.

Check it out

Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Cobra Kai

I saw the trailer and was very intrigued. Johnny is hilarious. I wonder which old movie will be next to get a reboot like this.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea bro, I posted in another thread that it is really good. I really enjoyed it.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I saw the trailer and was very intrigued. Johnny is hilarious. I wonder which old movie will be next to get a reboot like this.
    For me personally I would love to see a Blood in, Blood out catch up. 10 - 20 years later following where everyone is now.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Warriors, would be another good one, following up 5 years later or so, where the gang is at now, who's War Chief, did they stay in the gang or get jobs? I would also like a remake of this film, updated to today's standards, with big time violence and action.

They did do a comic book sort of on this where they broke Ajax out of prison but it wasn't that great, only 4 issues I think.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the first episode during lunch, Larusso is a prick. Apparently you can watch 2 episodes then you get prompted for payment for Youtube Red. I had no idea there was a Youtube Red. Is there a 'proper' place to watch it or is it a 123 movies job.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    For me personally I would love to see a Blood in, Blood out catch up. 10 - 20 years later following where everyone is now.
    Ah interesting choice....

See I'd want a 'Revenge of The Nerds' type series....the Nerds will have all gotten out of college and gone to great success, the jocks will be looked down upon "losers" working blue collar jobs which sets the perfect stage for a table turn.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Watched the first episode during lunch, Larusso is a prick. Apparently you can watch 2 episodes then you get prompted for payment for Youtube Red. I had no idea there was a Youtube Red. Is there a 'proper' place to watch it or is it a 123 movies job.
    I just downloaded it all, I'm sure you can find it on one of the streaming sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ah interesting choice....

See I'd want a 'Revenge of The Nerds' type series....the Nerds will have all gotten out of college and gone to great success, the jocks will be looked down upon "losers" working blue collar jobs which sets the perfect stage for a table turn.
    Good call, there is so much potential for this sort of thing rather than a remake of the original films.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched them all now. I'm really struggling to like Daniel. Johnny is the bollocks, completely stuck in the 80's, I love it. I want him to kick Daniel's head in at some point.

I was gutted 'that' song didn't play in the final episode. I hope they get Ally back for season two. I would kill you all just to have her spit in my face.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You must have binged watch them all in a night!

They look good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Watched them all now. I'm really struggling to like Daniel. Johnny is the bollocks, completely stuck in the 80's, I love it. I want him to kick Daniel's head in at some point.

I was gutted 'that' song didn't play in the final episode. I hope they get Ally back for season two. I would kill you all just to have her spit in my face.

Yes I was waiting for that song to come on

Did you get a man tear at end of episode 5 ? Or are you too much of a hard bastard ? Some great nods to the original film throughout - won't give too much away

Loved the scene when they looked Ali up on facebook and their comments on husband.

Yep I'm fully on Johnny's side. In fact looking back - as he explains in Cobra Kai - Daniel was the fucking bad guy the whole time !!

Apparently Mike Barnes has been approached to return next season. Miyagi absence leaves a huge hole but can't be helped. Wonder what happened to Daniel's Okinawan bird from II ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never show weakness!! OK I had a tiny lump in the throat. And when they walked through the gate, the music, the car looking a bit beat up

Didn't she come to America to become a dancer? Probably binned Daniel off straight away and wound up on the game.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am gonna have to watch this

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched 2 free episodes and they were very good but did not want to spend $1.89 for the other episodes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    i watched 2 free episodes and they were very good but did not want to spend $1.89 for the other episodes.
    ;d;d;d;d

Thread Information