Thread: Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi / Flanagan v Hooker - 9/6/18 BT Sports

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi / Flanagan v Hooker - 9/6/18 BT Sports

If he can get 12 rounds out of this, that's all that counts for me.

Can he even get 12 rounds out of this guy though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think any of us thought he would be fighting a live body really did we?

He will be very rusty and who knows what could happen anyway with fury being out so long & piling so much weight on.

As long as he actually builds up the quality of his opponents as he goes then it will be job done.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get that he wasn’t going to fight a guy that could challenge him but he’ll probably have sparring partners better than this guy. The fight is useless

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good read on Hooker's prep for Flanagan from Michael Woods at Bad Left Hook

Maurice Hooker is now in his third camp with Terence Crawford, and his crew believes that influence, and Hooker’s overall maturation as an athlete, will come together and put him in the best light possible when he travels to England and seeks to gain the vacant WBO 140-pound title against Terry Flanagan.

I chatted with Hooker and his crew, which included trainer Dave Parra and manager Arnie Verbeek, before another workout session in Colorado Springs, where Team Crawford is getting ready for Bud’s June 9 scrap against Jeff Horn in Las Vegas.
    “The first camp I was a sparring partner for Terence,” Hooker told me. “Things I’ve picked up from Crawford, I’ve learned to be patient — it’s been a lot of hard work — and to push each other. The way he trains, he trains hard, he’s always going hard, three times a day.”
    Hooker (22-0-3; age 28; from Dallas, Texas) thinks that because of the caliber of work he’s getting in this camp, Flanagan (28 years old), in contrast, could be an easier foe than what he’s been dealing with in sparring.
    “I’ve faced guys way tougher than him,” Hooker told me ...

Catch the rest of the story here - https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/5/2...overlooking-us
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shannon Briggs talking about a Tyson Fight

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury looking fast as fuck on the pads (around 6 mins in) why is he wearing hot pants?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hot pants are for the women fans and Ross.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell you what for someone who's 6ft 9" tall and 19 odd stone (coming down from 25 stone) he can move.
    He's possibly the most awkward Heavyweight style wise iv'e ever seen, switch hitter, fast jab and that twitchy jerky style and he can just lean all over you if he wants to.
    His suspect chin and being put on his ass by a Cruiserweight is what keeps him an unknown quantity because against AJ and Wilder they are gonna land heavy shots on him and it remains to be seen if he can take those Heavy shots from full blown lively young fighters who are of a similar size.
    Against either of those two Fury either gets banged out early or he boxes their heads off.

He invited Seferi into the ring yesterday which was strange and to me the whole fight looks pre arranged/scripted

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looks in good nick, good speed and movement.

I saw some of the Sefer stuff yesterday. Maybe it's his way, but I didn't see anything funny or endearing about a bloke who looked like he was coming over for a city break. Being made a mug of by Fury then filming him like some oily fanboy with a smartphone. Have some self respect man.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has to be the worst display on the pads iv'e ever seen

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/06/merci...fight-7609929/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is he trained by Don Omega of Boxing 4 Real fame?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we'll find out over next few months if he's still got the skills and desire for the game but I have to say he's surprised me at getting back in shape body wise - never though he'd do it.

I've missed Fury and getting him back at is best would be a massive boost for boxing.

And I'll be rooting for him
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 06-07-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    we'll find out over next few months if he's still got the skills and desire for the game but I have to say he's surprised me at getting back in shape body wise - never though he'd do it.

I've missed Fury and getting him back at is best would be a massive boost for boxing.

And I'd be rooting for him
    100% agree

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's starting to win the public over left right and centre, he bought 52 people he didn't know a Nandos last night, he sat down to get some food then decided to pay for the entire restaurants meals
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...Saturday-fight

I think it's the depression stuff and what he's overcome that people are relating too plus he seems to have stopped the crazy rants that got him into trouble and is much more media friendly.

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte is a cracking fight if that could happen in a final eliminator in 2019

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

And I'd be rooting for him
    100% agree
    I would agree but the fat fuck should never have got so far out of shape and lost the title in the first place!

The victim complex also pisses me off when he has no one else to blame but himself.

This fight is a formality, lets see how long he stays fit and active this time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information