Thread: Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi / Flanagan v Hooker - 9/6/18 BT Sports

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi / Flanagan v Hooker - 9/6/18 BT Sports

I didn’t have any intentions of watching it, but I was doing absolutely nothing at the time. It was a complete joke of a fight. I stopped watching after the fourth then found out that the guys didn’t come out for the fifth even though he hardly got hit.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly don't know what people were expecting though, you only need to look at the weigh in to see what type of fight it was going to be, aside from the difference in size, the two of them treated it for what it was the whole way through.

It was always going to be a Freddy Flintoff fight, after it ended my phone lit up and I had texts from 5 people saying 'did you watch the fight' when I asked them if they watched the Flanagan fight only one of them did, the rest tuned in just for Tyson.

I'm not going to slate him for it because it was all just a bit of a joke from the start, the only people who are mad are the people who were suckered into believing it was going to be an actual fight.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury was fat , the opponent was 39 and a CW.
    Only the most retarded of people can possibly think Fury is funny and not embarrassing ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm certainly not mad. I saw it on You Tube, had a chuckle, and decided Fury is not going to be a big deal. At least the real Tyson fought people in his own weight class and age range when he came back and threw with bad intentions. Joshua outpoints him and Wilder stops him IMO.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson didnt look any worse than he always does. His size makes him effective and he will still be a handful for any other heavyweight. We all knew this was a joke fight (again I question boxing boards for allowing such fights). Hopefully his next opponent is at least a heavyweight. Heard hell beon the Frampton undercard in Windsor.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Seferi retired at the end of the fourth.

Fury, Lomachenko'd him

I paid to watch a fight and all I saw was charity event.

Outstanding performance by both actors

The fight in the crowd was better. It looked like a dad giving boxing lessons to his twelve year old in the garage.

But there it is folks, your linear world heavyweight champion! Not even Tyson die hards could make a case that he should be the current champion.

Where are all those idiots who were saying "the king is back"? He can’t even get his titties under control. Yet you think he can control Josh or Wilder ?

Tyson talks a good game but I don’t think he’s as confident as he acts. Only a guy with no confidence would fight like that and would pick that kind of opponent. If Seferi was a sparring partner he would not be asked to come back.

Why didn’t he go straight for old man Briggs ? He’s been out the ring for ages himself.

The build up would have been fking epic.

Tyson could make a real statement against a well-known former world heavyweight champion.

Technically Fury still goes back in straight lines. Both AJ and Wilder have weapons which would have had Fury in serious trouble tonight. But I suppose it was a very wise move for the Fury’s and Warren to comeback against someone of Seferi's level.

Last edited by DenilsonTheReturn; 06-11-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DenilsonTheReturn View Post
    So Seferi retired at the end of the fourth.

Fury, Lomachenko'd him

I paid to watch a fight and all I saw was charity event.

Outstanding performance by both actors

The fight in the crowd was better. It looked like a dad giving boxing lessons to his twelve year old in the garage.

But there it is folks, your linear world heavyweight champion! Not even Tyson die hards could make a case that he should be the current champion.

Where are all those idiots who were saying "the king is back"? He can’t even get his titties under control. Yet you think he can control Josh or Wilder ?

Tyson talks a good game but I don’t think he’s as confident as he acts. Only a guy with no confidence would fight like that and would pick that kind of opponent. If Seferi was a sparring partner he would not be asked to come back.

Why didn’t he go straight for old man Briggs ? He’s been out the ring for ages himself.

The build up would have been fking epic.

Tyson could make a real statement against a well-known former world heavyweight champion.

Technically Fury still goes back in straight lines. Both AJ and Wilder have weapons which would have had Fury in serious trouble tonight. But I suppose it was a very wise move for the Fury’s and Warren to comeback against someone of Seferi's level.

I'll say it again if you paid for it and was expecting anything other than a charity event then you are a mug.

Every one is talking about how bad the Fury fight was but no one is talking about the flanagan fight or the fact that it was basically stuck onto the end of Flanagan v Hooker which was actually a decent fight and worth watching.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alex Saucedo must be a very happy man this morning, happy that Hooker won. If he wins on June 30 in his hometown I'm betting that Saucedo will become the WBO mandatory at 140. He was, and probably still is, very certain that he would beat Hooker easily.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we'll see Fury against another shit opponent in August then hopefully 3rd time out against someone who'll give him a fight.

David Price might be worth considering next time out

Warren won't be rushing him into anything and Frampton is bound to put on a good show which will help to take the heat off another Fury pantomime and disguise it.
    Last edited by smashup; 06-11-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DenilsonTheReturn View Post

I noticed the straight-line movements too, a basic amateur mistake which I don't recall him doing much during fight with Klitschko.

That movement should disappear after these warm up fights.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congratulations to Maurice Hooker, he was a big underdog and scored big in a tough fight, against an unbeaten fighter, whilst traveling to his opponents backyard. I thought Hooker would lose, he still looked vulnerable at times, but he deserves big time credit for this victory.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury unifies all belts by May 2019

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fury fights Price in his next one or two fights, it'll be a massive risk. Fury is the better fighter no doubting that, but you cant see him steamrollering Price. The big plumber will have opportunity to land some bombs of his own.

Im glad fury is back, but Im not so sure he should be. Relatively unknown trainer who with all due respect probably isn't teaching him anything. The proper rapid weight loss in order to get in the ring. He looked like he needed a tummy tuck. Even the million and one ring walk tracks bothered me. It all to me stinks of a guy who doesn't really know what he's doing.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I'm not so sure on young Ben Davis the trainer... when Fury starts getting hit and struggles what experience has he got tactically?
    Seems a nice guy but also seems to be totally dominated by Fury and just blows smoke up his ass as far as I can see.
    A Price fight is a good test but not next... I'd stick him in with him on his 3rd time out 😉

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury would take price out in 6 rounds

Thread Information