Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whyte vs Parker

Hearn is seriously flexing his muscles with this undercard so far and it'll only get better.
    Best card he's put on all year.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Anyone who missed it get on YouTube and watch the first Connor Benn v Cedric Peynaud fight - Absolute war 😎
    Benn showed his heart in that fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He also fought with his heart and not his brain which is why he looked like this the following day

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those that missed the first fight...... WAR

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Takam v Chisora has just been added.
    This night is stacked 😎

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Wow, so Whyte makes it clear he doesn’t want any part of Ortiz, he turns to Parker and people are not only okay with this but excited about it. Because Parker is so exciting. He looked so good in his last two fights.

I feel bad for Ortiz, dude is better than almost every heavyweight out there, they just won’t fight him.
    I'm really not sure what your problem is here , Ron? Ortiz isn't totally avoided , after all , he's just fought (and lost) for a World Title in his last fight. And I believe the Whyte fight would've been a final eliminator for another shot. If Whyte doesn't fight him, it means he fights someone ranked lower in this eliminator therefore given him a much better chance of winning.
    consequently that means he could go Title Shot , Eliminator with a lesser ranked fighter, Title Shot in 3 fights . Most guys would give their right arm to be avoided that much!!!!!
    Furthermore, Ortiz has been his own worst enemy for not having the big fights sooner. Drug ban , changing promoters every 5 minutes, lack of dedication and application to mention just a few things . I'm really not sure he warrants too much of your pity .
    As far as Whyte/Parker goes , people like it because Whyte is taking on a recent WORLD Champion, and Parker is taking on somebody very High up every governing Bodies rankings. what's not to like?
    you might say "but,but,but Whyte has given up an eliminator." well to be honest , he's fought loads of eliminators and got overlooked by the governing bodies anyway, so it shows what meaning that has.
    Wait, I mention fighters not wanting to fight Ortiz and your argument that fighters will fight him is that it's okay Whyte won't fight him because the sanctioning bodies recognize he's good? That makes no sense, Apple's to oranges.

Perhaps you missed the sarcasm. I don't actually give two squirts about Ortiz. What I care about is the Ortiz fight has been there for Whyte and he talked about Pulev and people we're okay with that direction because "it's an easier path". We aren't supposed to root for fighters to take an easier path. Not Pulev, then Parker, again a lesser fighter. I mean Parker owes Hughie Fury a rematch because of that weak performance.

Ortiz actually fought to win in his last outing unlike Parker. Perhaps that was his mistake.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, so Whyte makes it clear he doesn’t want any part of Ortiz, he turns to Parker and people are not only okay with this but excited about it. Because Parker is so exciting. He looked so good in his last two fights.

I feel bad for Ortiz, dude is better than almost every heavyweight out there, they just won’t fight him.
    I'm really not sure what your problem is here , Ron? Ortiz isn't totally avoided , after all , he's just fought (and lost) for a World Title in his last fight. And I believe the Whyte fight would've been a final eliminator for another shot. If Whyte doesn't fight him, it means he fights someone ranked lower in this eliminator therefore given him a much better chance of winning.
    consequently that means he could go Title Shot , Eliminator with a lesser ranked fighter, Title Shot in 3 fights . Most guys would give their right arm to be avoided that much!!!!!
    Furthermore, Ortiz has been his own worst enemy for not having the big fights sooner. Drug ban , changing promoters every 5 minutes, lack of dedication and application to mention just a few things . I'm really not sure he warrants too much of your pity .
    As far as Whyte/Parker goes , people like it because Whyte is taking on a recent WORLD Champion, and Parker is taking on somebody very High up every governing Bodies rankings. what's not to like?
    you might say "but,but,but Whyte has given up an eliminator." well to be honest , he's fought loads of eliminators and got overlooked by the governing bodies anyway, so it shows what meaning that has.
    Wait, I mention fighters not wanting to fight Ortiz and your argument that fighters will fight him is that it's okay Whyte won't fight him because the sanctioning bodies recognize he's good? That makes no sense, Apple's to oranges.

Perhaps you missed the sarcasm. I don't actually give two squirts about Ortiz. What I care about is the Ortiz fight has been there for Whyte and he talked about Pulev and people we're okay with that direction because "it's an easier path". We aren't supposed to root for fighters to take an easier path. Not Pulev, then Parker, again a lesser fighter. I mean Parker owes Hughie Fury a rematch because of that weak performance.

Ortiz actually fought to win in his last outing unlike Parker. Perhaps that was his mistake.
    Now now Ron, let’s not twist shit to make it suit your thoughts. I actually said Whyte didn’t fight Ortiz because he’s fought eliminator after eliminator to get in line the right way, only to be fucked up the ass by the governing bodies.
    So now he’s decided to make himself more money and line himself up for a shot the bullshit way just like everyone else.
    So, you’re Whyte, you have loads of eliminators already, do you fight :
    A. Pulev away from home for 20% of the purse
    B. Ortiz in America for peanuts or
    C. Parker on a headlining ppv?
    Yep, reality check in the post for you. Don’t mention it.
    You never answered my bit about Ortiz being avoided , yet fighting title shot/eliminator/title shot?? Funny that.
    I don’t care what you think of Ortiz, because to be honest I don’t rate Whyte too highly either. But it’s not like he’s taking an easy fight.
    Finallly, I’m not certain Ortiz and Pulev beat Parker. There’s not a lot between any of them imo.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dereck Chisora v Carlos Takam: Bout set for Parker-Whyte undercard

Dereck Chisora will take on Carlos Takam in a bout promoter Eddie Hearn says represents the "last chance saloon" for the British heavyweight.

Chisora, 34, has lost three of his last six bouts going into the 28 July contest at London's O2 Arena.

Takam, 37, took IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua 10 rounds in defeat in October.

The pair will meet on the undercard of Dillian Whyte's heavyweight bout with Joseph Parker.

Katie Taylor and Kell Brook are also in action on the night, but the Whyte-Parker and Chisora-Takam fights will have an impact near the top of the heavyweight rankings.

Chisora - nicknamed 'Del Boy' - has challenged for a world title once before, losing to Vitali Klitschko in 2012.

He impressively stopped Frenchman Zakaria Azzouzi in March but has lost to Whyte, Kubrat Pulev and Agit Kabayel since 2016.

"This is a great fight," said promoter Hearn. "For Del Boy, it's a real last chance saloon at world level and for Takam it's a chance to push for another world title shot after a strong showing against AJ."

Chisora holds a record of 28 wins and eight defeats, while Takam has 35 wins and a draw from 40 contests.

The French fighter was the first man to take Joshua into the last three rounds of a bout despite taking the fight at two weeks' notice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44495648
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora will not win a world title.

He is suffering serious damage getting beaten up all the time.

Funny how he was the cheerleader for Bellew but small crusier Haye knocked him spark out.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora/ Takam is a decent heavyweight bout.

Pulev was pissed at Whyte for signing to fight Parker instead.

Maybe Pulev and Ortiz can fight, maybe Ortiz/ Povetkin. Hopefully some of these guys start to fight each other.

Disappointed with Brooks opponent. There's no easy road to a title for him now. He's going to wait on Khan.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly not getting the excitement behind this card... Main event is decent as far as being the kind of fight that should happen more often, but style wise, it has tepid written all over it. I think whyte is just good enough to bring out the Parker who just does enough, would probably put money on it being a stinker. As for the undercard, its basically chisora vs Takam, no? On paper none of the other fights should be remotely competitive, maybe I’m wrong?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Honestly not getting the excitement behind this card... Main event is decent as far as being the kind of fight that should happen more often, but style wise, it has tepid written all over it. I think whyte is just good enough to bring out the Parker who just does enough, would probably put money on it being a stinker. As for the undercard, its basically chisora vs Takam, no? On paper none of the other fights should be remotely competitive, maybe I’m wrong?

Did you watch Connor Benn v Cedrick Peynaud yet?
    One of the most competitive fights i saw in 2017, absolute tear up over 6 rounds.
    On paper that should steal the show.
    I think Takam v Chisora has war written all over it and expect it to be an all out slug fest.
    I also think Parker v Whyte goes off too as it's pretty much a must win for each fighter and there's no way Parker will want it going to points if it's cagey and close especially in the UK.
    Whytes looking better with every fight and i think will want the KO that Joshua couldn't get over Parker.
    Whyte a rudeboy street thug and loves a tear up

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Did you watch Connor Benn v Cedrick Peynaud yet?
    One of the most competitive fights i saw in 2017, absolute tear up over 6 rounds.
    On paper that should steal the show.
    I think Takam v Chisora has war written all over it and expect it to be an all out slug fest.
    I also think Parker v Whyte goes off too as it's pretty much a must win for each fighter and there's no way Parker will want it going to points if it's cagey and close especially in the UK.
    Whytes looking better with every fight and i think will want the KO that Joshua couldn't get over Parker.
    Whyte a rudeboy street thug and loves a tear up
    lets be honest though, it was a very low level fight. being competitive is the standout, if connor had adifferent dad, nobody would think anything of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh pls god Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Chisora/ Takam is a decent heavyweight bout.

Pulev was pissed at Whyte for signing to fight Parker instead.

Maybe Pulev and Ortiz can fight, maybe Ortiz/ Povetkin. Hopefully some of these guys start to fight each other.

Disappointed with Brooks opponent. There's no easy road to a title for him now. He's going to wait on Khan.
    It would have been even better a few years ago because that could have been a darkhorse fight of the year candidate as well! But I think those two will have a good fight. I like Takam's style, he's a hard worker in there. Hopefully they both come in fighting fit shape and have a phone booth brawl.

Pulev has been a great disappointment, I think Wlad ruined him to be honest. I mean yeah he's bounced back a bit, but he's not fighting fresh fighters hell he fought Sam Peter just recently, he fought Chisora recently, those aren't the up and comers of the division that they were in say 2010 or so. He's done himself no favors. That said I'd still like to see him mix it up with the CURRENT fresh blood in the division.

Who waits on fighting Amir Khan? That is craziness.

Thread Information