Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    ‘I spoke to AJ and Rob McCracken this morning and obviously we saw Deontay Wilder’s stuff on social media,’ Hearn told Sky Sports. ‘It’s great that he’s come back to us. We made this offer about four weeks ago and I don’t know if he’s come back because he’s heard we’re close to closing the [Alexander] Povetkin fight or whether he wants the fight, but either way he’s going to be getting a contract from us ASAP.
    we might actually get this fight? Hearn wants at wembley tho so more likely october/november time.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    ‘I spoke to AJ and Rob McCracken this morning and obviously we saw Deontay Wilder’s stuff on social media,’ Hearn told Sky Sports. ‘It’s great that he’s come back to us. We made this offer about four weeks ago and I don’t know if he’s come back because he’s heard we’re close to closing the [Alexander] Povetkin fight or whether he wants the fight, but either way he’s going to be getting a contract from us ASAP.
    we might actually get this fight? Hearn wants at wembley tho so more likely october/november time.
    Eddie is making out this is an old offer which wilder has only now accepted out of desperation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Eddie is making out this is an old offer which wilder has only now accepted out of desperation.
    Are you saying Eddie is BSing? Shocking!! Shocking I say.

What's it been 2.5 months since he said Wilder had agreed to fight Brazeale? Eddie, Eddie, Eddie SMH, just give up and agree to the fight. There is no getting out of it clean at this point. If they would rather go to Russia to fight Povetkin than take 50 million to go to USA for Wilder or take 60/40 to have Wilder in the UK then the writing is on the wall.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all realize Eddie has already made his excuse right, no surprise. Now it isn't just that it needs to be in the UK. Now it's that it must be in Wembley. So it can't happen next. This crap is so transparent.

AJ-Give us 50 million and I'll agree tomorrow

Wilder-okay, here's 50 million

Er um er um

Eddie- we need to see the money

Wilder-okay

Eddie-er um, we need it in the UK

Wilder-Okay, I'll go to the UK

Eddie-er um. We can't do it in the UK because it can only be in Wembley, not Cardiff. It HAS TO WAIT(then why the F didn't this come up when you asked for it in the UK?!)

GTFOOHWT nonsense. People, call him out finally. It's been excuse after excuse. We need to see the money, we never asked to see the money. We have 3 or 4 questions, we have 6 or 7 questions. They answered our questions but we want it here, it can't be here it needs to be here but only at one place here.

Every single thing they ask Wilder agreed and they change what they are asking. Call Eddie on it! Make the man tell the truth. Stop accepting BS or all you will get is BS

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Wilder gave in on the location, his team should've been savvy enough to negotiate a better split than Hearn was initially offering. Who knows what the final split will be when it's all said and done. If it ends up being 70/30 or worse for Wilder, his entire negotiating team should be fired on the spot.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If Wilder gave in on the location, his team should've been savvy enough to negotiate a better split than Hearn was initially offering. Who knows what the final split will be when it's all said and done. If it ends up being 70/30 or worse for Wilder, his entire negotiating team should be fired on the spot.
    He's gonna win by KO. It's an easy pay day and then he rules the division.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone remember when Eddie said "If someone agreed to my terms I send a contract within hours, why can't they send a contract? Why do I have to agree first?"

Umm, they've agreed to your terms Eddie, it's been more than hours, where's the contract?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Anyone remember when Eddie said "If someone agreed to my terms I send a contract within hours, why can't they send a contract? Why do I have to agree first?"

Umm, they've agreed to your terms Eddie, it's been more than hours, where's the contract?
    Chill Ronnie baby, Eddie said they would have the contract before the end of this week.lets see if a. It gets there and b. It gets signed because we start the proverbial “shooting of our load!” .
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Chill Ronnie baby, Eddie said they would have the contract before the end of this week.lets see if a. It gets there and b. It gets signed because we start the proverbial “shooting of our load!” .
    Just like to reiterate that all the crap he was talking was nonsense and he proves it again and again.

Strange Deontay didn’t ask to see the money secured before he would consider agreeing, oh wait, no it’s not.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just like to reiterate that all the crap he was talking was nonsense and he proves it again and again.

Strange Deontay didn’t ask to see the money secured before he would consider agreeing, oh wait, no it’s not.
    Just playing devils advocate her but...

If the deal is signed and it is in the UK and at the venue of Eddie's choice and AJ gets the bigger split and AJ gets the rematch clause and AJ pucks the dressing room and AJ gets pretty much everything that he wants...isn't that good negotiating on Eddie's part?

If he knew Wilder was desperate for the fight then he knew he held all the cards and he's played it to his own advantage.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same thing said 5 posts ago, but I preferred to call it shitty negotiating on Wilder's team's part.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Just playing devils advocate her but...

If the deal is signed and it is in the UK and at the venue of Eddie's choice and AJ gets the bigger split and AJ gets the rematch clause and AJ pucks the dressing room and AJ gets pretty much everything that he wants...isn't that good negotiating on Eddie's part?

If he knew Wilder was desperate for the fight then he knew he held all the cards and he's played it to his own advantage.

I said all along it was good business. You can find me saying that many times in the Wilder thread. But you don't have to lie constantly to do business. And fans don't have to pretend lies aren't lies.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who gives a fuck let's just get them in the ring hurting each other

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who gives a fuck let's just get them in the ring hurting each other
    That’s kind of the point. Eddie said on June 7th he was talking to them every day. Then on June 12th after Wilder had agreed to another changed request, making him agreeing to every possible request Eddie said they hadn’t talked in 4 weeks. It can’t be both. And these lies aren’t helping make the fight. They are always connected to why they can’t make the fight. And he’s out there talking about February. F february, fight this year

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought a contract was coming today. Seems like such news would merit mention, hmm

Thread Information