Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Canelo 2 CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    GGG wasn't looking as good prior to beating Canelo last time out and with only a couple of rounds in a year since and getting older still, this is my main concern. Of course I want GGG to seriously hurt Canelo and I do not say that lightly. I want him to really hurt him. A Hatton style KO would be completely justified and would be my preference. However, in saying that Canelo is a clever, stage managed fighter and knows how to pick his spots and the fight might well be similar to last time only GGG is that bit older. Fingers crossed for GGG and hopefully he hurts the body early and than lays it on hard up top.

I share the same feelings as you. I want Golovkin to win but I'm concerned he's a year older, further away from his prime and slowing down whilst Canelo seems to be getting better. Any close decisions seem to go Alvarez' way, ask Cotto, Lara and trout.

One bit of positivity to hold onto though are the pictures of both guys going into this fight. Canelo looks noticeably smaller whilst Golovkin looks noticeably more defined than last time. That bulk really helped Canelo get through 12 in the 1st fight I think. Now he no longer has the bulk and he's up against a stronger looking golovkin which doesn't bode well for him

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin was less than 4 pounds over 160 at the 7 day weigh in.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Golovkin should stay at middleweight all his career now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Golovkin should stay at middleweight all his career now.
    The money and big fights are probably at 160 I'd say.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am buzzing about this fight, can not wait.

Gennady Golovkin v Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez - Golovkin relishes rematch

Gennady Golovkin says Saturday's rematch with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is "100% the biggest fight of my career".

The middleweight pair's first fight, in September 2017, was controversially scored a draw, with Golovkin landing more punches and considered the stronger fighter by many pundits.

"I hope it is going to be a better fight than the first one," said the 36-year-old Kazakh.

A May rematch was postponed after Alvarez, 28, failed two drugs tests.

The Mexican blamed his positive test for clenbuterol - an asthma medication that can also help build muscle and burn fat - on eating contaminated meat.

The drug is sometimes illegally mixed into livestock feed to make meat leaner.

Alvarez has lost just once in 52 fights - a points defeat by Floyd Mayweather in September 2013 - while Golovkin has won 38 of his 39 contests.

"I strongly feel both guys need each other to cement their legacy," said promoter and former multiple-weight world champion Oscar de la Hoya.

"'Canelo' has to go out there and get the knockout to cement that legacy and be the pound for pound best fighter on the planet. It is vice-versa for GGG - he has to go out there and win decisively."

Saturday's bout - which will be in the early hours of Sunday morning in the UK - will be broadcast live from Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena on BBC Radio 5 live, with a live text commentary on the BBC Sport website and app.

The first meeting between the pair proved a gripping contest, with judge Adalaide Byrd controversially awarding Canelo 10 rounds of a bout many ringside observers thought he had lost.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/976/cpsprodpb/17263/production/_103391849_ggg2_getty.jpg[/IMG]

Since the tie, each fighter has spoken derogatorily of the another, with Golovkin unhappy at Alvarez's excuses for his failed drugs tests.

De La Hoya told BBC Sport: "For the first time I am hearing 'Canelo' angry. He has trained angry, he wants to fight angry. He wants to go out there and knock him out."

No match-up in the world of boxing right now could bring this much class and so many factors to a single ring.

The draw was controversy, as were the two failed drug tests for Alvarez. There will be skill, power, guile, resilience, pedigree and rivalry added to that controversy on Saturday night.

Last year it was the fight that would save boxing after the McGregor v Mayweather bout, when people said the lunatics had taken over the asylum.

They put on a fantastic spectacle, it was gripping and you couldn't take your eyes off it. I still think Adalaide Byrd's score is the worst single score that I have seen in my time in this business.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45494199

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez ramp up war of words ahead of rematch: ‘There were injection marks everywhere’

Gennady Golovkin knows the value of speaking English when it comes to establishing himself as a star capable of transcending boxing.

But the Kazakh middleweight, 36, turned to his mother tongue in order to deliver the most incendiary assessment yet of the 'drug scandal' which threatened to derail his rematch with Saul Alvarez.

The middleweight pair finally met last year bringing an end to months of negotiations but a draw that night, on September 16 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, paved the way for a lucrative rematch.

They were supposed to meet once again back in May but Alvarez, known widely as Canelo which translates as 'cinnamon' due to his red hair, tested positive for the banned substance clenbuterol in two tests during February.

Canelo insisted he was innocent and blamed contaminated meat from Mexico, where he had been in training camp, but still decided to withdraw from the scheduled May rematch. He was later banned for six months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

On Saturday, 364 days after their initial clash, Canelo and Golovkin go again underneath the same T-Mobile Arena roof in a rematch charged by their latest war of words.

And Golovkin, known for his cheery, respectful demeanour outside the ring, says he has lost all respect for his opponent as a result of the past 12 months.

“When did it start to go?” He said. “After the doping scandal. After the first fight I said 'thank you for a great fight' and he said the same. It was all very friendly. But after the doping scandal it was just...”

“I don't believe it was beef,” he added, before switching to Kazakh.

“Pharmaceutical experts have determined that it was doping and not contaminated meat. I think it's nonsense and I don't like it. You could not deny that there were injection marks on his hands and on his arms. I don't know what it was but they were injection marks.

“Everywhere, on biceps, stomach, pretty much everywhere. All over his body you could see injection marks. But right now it's the last thing that worries me. I am worried about the fight, that's the most important thing.”

Whether you believe his excuse or not, Canelo's reputation has been badly damaged by the incident and it was put to Golovkin that his opponent may have been doping ahead of their first fight.

But he said: “It makes no sense to guess whether or not he had taken something. The commission has allowed him to fight. The important thing was that he got caught the second time.”

Canelo, meanwhile, shrugged off Golovkin's latest remarks after the pair went through the motions of the official 'grand arrivals' at the MGM Grand on Tuesday afternoon.

The 28-year-old, whose record stands at 49-1-2, remains arguably the biggest commercial draw in the sport and he received a hero's welcome in Sin City.

“You saw the support out there and I'm grateful for all the support they can give me,” he said. “They've been there for the good times and for the bad times and there's nothing more I can say than 'thank you'.”

On the 'needle marks' accusation, he added: “Those are the kicks and screams of someone who is drowning. Those are the excuses that they are making because of what is coming on Saturday – which is a loss for them.

“I've been monitored for most of my career, I've been monitored by WADA since 2011 and that's why they have authorities. I spend all my time in Mexico – that's where I reside, where I live and where I spend time with my family. When I come to train, I come and do it in San Diego.

“It's different in the United States where [meat] is checked by the authorities and the government. It's a little bit different in Mexico where they don't have those sanctions and checks.

“When I was in Mexico I wasn't on a diet, I wasn't training, I wasn't on some eating plan so may have eaten it a few times a week. In Mexico, unfortunately, I now have to stop doing that because of what happened.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gen...110732297.html

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Golovkin is just making up the part about injection marks everywhere. If they were really injection marks everywhere why did he wait until after the positive testing to bring that up? That's a little closing the gate after the cows have gotten out

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray Mercer said he noticed injection marks on Tommy Morrison at the weigh in and he never said anything until years later.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ray Mercer said he noticed injection marks on Tommy Morrison at the weigh in and he never said anything until years later.
    Ray Mercer really took care of that problem in the fifth round didn't he hahaha

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It definitely happens, Freddie Roach said he saw fresh IV marks on Oscars arm before the Pac fight.
    Rumours Roach saw an electric whisk hanging out of his shit box too are not yet proven.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    It definitely happens, Freddie Roach said he saw fresh IV marks on Oscars arm before the Pac fight.
    Rumours Roach saw an electric whisk hanging out of his shit box too are not yet proven.
    don't know if you heard but he is now running for president of the United States in 2020

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I think Golovkin is just making up the part about injection marks everywhere. If they were really injection marks everywhere why did he wait until after the positive testing to bring that up? That's a little closing the gate after the cows have gotten out

TBH, I just think GGG is doing everything he can to get under Ginger's skin. I don't think neither he nor anyone else believes Ginger would be stupid enough to get PED injections. Besides, if he did and DLH had anything to do with it, the injections would most likely be between the cheeks.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez claims Gennady Golovkin rematch is personal as fighters arrive in Las Vegas

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has warned bitter rival Gennady Golovkin: This time it's personal.

The world's best middleweights will meet again on Saturday night, 12 months after fighting to a controversial draw.

Canelo's failed drugs test earlier this year saw the Mexican banned for six months and the rematch put back from May.

Golovkin has repeatedly questioned his opponent's integrity - and Canelo is ready to punish him for it.

“I’m bothered by all the stupid things they’ve been saying," he said as the fighters arrived in Las Vegas. "I don’t know which one to laugh about or get angry about at this point but their statements are all excuses for the loss they will take this Saturday.

"I have been using all of these statements as motivation for my fight on Saturday. I know that it can be dangerous to go in the ring with a hot head, but I have experience.

"I know how to use this anger in the ring intelligently. I’m happy for all the support the fans give me, and I will give them a great fight this Saturday.”

Golovkin, who holds the WBC and WBA world titles, is determined to leave no doubt second time around.

"This may be a rematch but it is a different story, a better story, a bigger story," he said. "This fight is the biggest level for me, 100 per cent.

"I am healthy and strong. I had my best training camp. I have the fight I want against the fighter I want and on the biggest stage. Why shouldn’t I be happy?

"If Canelo gives me a chance and fights like he claims he will, I will knock him out. It is time for the Big Drama Show."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ovkin-13230838

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of it is probably head games, trying to take Canelo out of his game plan. It could backfire, and GGG could be the one who abandons his.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ggg is fucked, he is "old overnight", way too old at this weight class to fight a little boy like canelo.

Thread Information