Thread: Murray v Garcia - Dubois/Yarde/Davis - O2 London 23/6/18 - BT Sports

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Murray v Garcia - Dubois/Yarde/Davis - O2 London 23/6/18 - BT Sports

Wonder how many punters will actually fork out for this and be at the venue?
    My guess is it will be under half full, i'm hoping the Murray fight will be a war and it should be style wise.
    It needs to be because the undercard fights are a fucking disgrace.

Yarde is fighting a 27% KO rated Pole who's had more decision wins than Michael Jackson did

Dubois is fighting Tom Little who has a 20% KO ratio and 2 losses to "Tom Dallas" and one to Dorian Darch who Dubois banged out in 2 rounds

O'Hara Davies is fighting Paul "Um Bongo Um Bongo they drink it in the Congo" Kamanga who at least has a half decent record with a 50% KO ratio and 21 fights with only 1 loss by UD so let's hope we get some rounds out of him.

Roberto Garcia will defend his WBC Silver Middleweight title against Martin Murray at The O2 in London on June 23, live on BT Sport and BoxNation.
    Murray will be looking to put the frustrations of missing out on a shot at the WBO Middleweight World Title behind him when he challenges Mexico’s 41-3 Garcia later this month.
    Garcia is currently enjoying a 13-fight winning streak that stretches back to 2010 and will be heading to London full of confidence.
    “I was gutted about Billy Joe Saunders pulling out of our fight for a second time but this is a great replacement,” said Murray. “Roberto Garcia is the Champion and he’s willing to travel to the UK so we know he is well up for it.
    “He’s been calling me out on Twitter for a while and I’m delighted that we’ve been able to make the fight so quickly. This means that several months of hard training won’t got to waste and I’ll be out on June 23 topping a great show.
    “A good win against Garcia will put me in a strong position with the WBC so there’s everything to fight for. It has been a frustrating period of my career and I’ll be taking my anger out on Garcia on June 23 before moving on to even bigger fights.”
    “I’m not like Saunders,” said Garcia. “I’m not afraid of Murray. I’m willing to risk my title and come to London to beat Murray in front of his own fans. My promoter Don King will be in London to watch me win in style. Let’s get it on!”
    Garcia v Murray tops a talent-packed card that features some of the UK’s finest young fighters including Light-Heavyweight KO artist Anthony Yarde, Heavyweight monster Daniel Dubois in English title action against Tom Little and Hackney talent Ohara Davies.
    Further updates to the card will follow this week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Murray v Garcia - Dubois/Yarde/Davis - O2 London 23/6/18 - BT Sports

BJS is just getting fat and wasting away his prime..GGG and Canelo will be busy with each other until next summer...get busy fighting!

Unless you were injured?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Murray v Garcia - Dubois/Yarde/Davis - O2 London 23/6/18 - BT Sports

Good fight for Murray. Hope he can win this and move forward.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think Garcia is decent, but I don't think he wins this one.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently Yarde was offered a fight with Kovalev but Warren turned it down

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...arren-promoter
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

See, as far as I'm concerned , this is the problem. I like Yarde, and I think he'll go a long way. I also agree with Warren's handling of him in the sense that when he gets there, he wants to dominate , meaning It's probably too early.
    My problem is that with " Warren Boxing Organisation" (WBO) , he's ranked no.2 . Now if you're ranked no.2 , then you should be ready and prepared to fight the Champ. Only the Mandatory (if there is one) and the No.1 should legitimately be above him in the pecking order.
    If you're not ready or willing to fight for the title, then you should be put down the rankings until you are ready. It's nothing against Yarde, it's just a ridiculous situation.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

See, as far as I'm concerned , this is the problem. I like Yarde, and I think he'll go a long way. I also agree with Warren's handling of him in the sense that when he gets there, he wants to dominate , meaning It's probably too early.
    My problem is that with " Warren Boxing Organisation" (WBO) , he's ranked no.2 . Now if you're ranked no.2 , then you should be ready and prepared to fight the Champ. Only the Mandatory (if there is one) and the No.1 should legitimately be above him in the pecking order.
    If you're not ready or willing to fight for the title, then you should be put down the rankings until you are ready. It's nothing against Yarde, it's just a ridiculous situation.
    This just shows that the quality of fighters in the WBO Ranking system are poor.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this the fight that they had to change the rules for so that DDD could compete for it, wasn't he too young so Warren got them to lower the age from 22 to 21 or some shit like that

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ohara Davis is channeling his inner Wesley Snipes

first fight was some kids professional debut, pretty damn unremarkable

Davis is up now, second round, pretty damn unremarkable so far

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis knocked the geeza sparko in the second round, lol that was quite a funny KO, the geeza just sort of spun and fell like a plank of wood

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Old DDD is up next in his first title fight, I wanna see Daniel 'Dubious' Dubois in a proper fight soon, sick of watching him just snot bin men, I know he's only a babby still but when you start fighting for titles you have to start stepping up the competition a wee bit

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is there and wearing a different suit than the one he had on Dave last week.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois is in against a game Little. Good first round from triple D but Little laughed at him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Entertaining 2nd round!

Dubois battering Little but his opponent is game and taking the beating.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is triple Ds hardest fight of his career .

Boxing well in 3rd and Little is surviving.

Thread Information