Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default @'ing people

This is a very good way to communicate with people. That is what the at sign is for. Otherwise it is only used in email addresses which I don't see very much activity with on these threads. Therefore no one should complain about the use of the at symbol when wanting to call attention to certain points in a studious and productive way. It is not as if seeing a mention in your inbox is causing any physical or mental anguish. Anyone who wants to go down that road is really saying in so many words that the mere sight of an at sign with their name is a major burden in their lives. I for one have not been bombarding anybody with that phenomenon although I know it has been happening to certain posters at the hands of other posters.. Or we can get the violins and really Elevate this thing to some stratospheric monstrosity of a burden in life.

I know that I really enjoy when people mention me because I get to see the thread at a timely moment where maybe I can participate or answer a pointed question. I know times that people have asked what I thought and they did not mention me then a few days later I stumbled upon the question and felt bad that I had not seen it. I was out of the loop as far as chronological questions and answers went. So I do wish that more people would use the at sign with me. I also wish that more people would give their telephone numbers and their Skype addresses so they can be a little bit more camaraderie here and I don't mean that like comrade like in the Communists. Also guys let's post our pictures I think if we make this more of a personal thing we will get along better.
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 06-27-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Thread Information