Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ESPN Ramirez v Angulo

119-109..120-108..119-109 . Ramirez gets it but FFS that doesn't reflect the fight at all. Can see 116-112 easily. Not sure Zurdo stays in with Benavidez.

Quality card. Apparently Lenny z announces retirement and well earned.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    119-109..120-108..119-109 . Ramirez gets it but FFS that doesn't reflect the fight at all. Can see 116-112 easily. Not sure Zurdo stays in with Benavidez.

Quality card. Apparently Lenny z announces retirement and well earned.
    That is happening way to often unfortunately

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kenny came back from that kd the following round like a msn possessed and saucedo survived...missy falter I think. Great hearts shown by both. Ramirez Angulo scorecards were beyond stupid Gilberto 8 4 or 57 but nothing more

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly speaking..when the hell did the fight scene in Oklahoma of all places become so rabid. Nice to see. Brutal fight through 5th. Better have the mops and sutures ready after this one
    They have a lot of fights in Oklahoma and a large Mexican population in OKC. Alex is hugely popular in that community; three years ago he was constantly being recognized in public and signing autographs. In 2014 he fought on a card with Yori Boy Campos and the people behind Alex got out and sold 6000 tickets. I imagine that now, on the verge of a world title shot, it is crazy there. They did a ton of pre fight promotion in OKC and Ramirez was nowhere to be found. It was all Saucedo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first fight was awesome. Unfortunately Lenny Z’s eye was completely shut and had blood covering his other eye. The fight would have probably been better if he could see. I don’t think that Saucedo will get to the top of the division, but he should be exciting to watch as he tries.

The Ramirez fight was boring. I have been going to bed earlier lately and was falling asleep halfway through the fight. I used to be more impressed by Ramirez, but now I don’t think that he is that great. I think he gets beat by a few guys at his weight.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saucedo vs Lenny Z was a nice little surprise. That 4th round was brutal. Saucedo vs Hooker may turn out a fun fight.

Ramirez is a solid fighter, but nothing special. I think Benavidez and Jose Uzcategui beat him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Saucedo vs Lenny Z was a nice little surprise. That 4th round was brutal. Saucedo vs Hooker may turn out a fun fight.

Ramirez is a solid fighter, but nothing special. I think Benavidez and Jose Uzcategui beat him.
    I think that Groves beats him too

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

I think that Groves beats him too
    Most definitely. Groves is #1 at 168 for me.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Honestly speaking..when the hell did the fight scene in Oklahoma of all places become so rabid. Nice to see. Brutal fight through 5th. Better have the mops and sutures ready after this one
    They have a lot of fights in Oklahoma and a large Mexican population in OKC. Alex is hugely popular in that community; three years ago he was constantly being recognized in public and signing autographs. In 2014 he fought on a card with Yori Boy Campos and the people behind Alex got out and sold 6000 tickets. I imagine that now, on the verge of a world title shot, it is crazy there. They did a ton of pre fight promotion in OKC and Ramirez was nowhere to be found. It was all Saucedo.
    Thanks for that bud. Refreshing to hear a lesser known local guy forging his own way and making a big base. More so Saucedo putting in the honest effort and knowing value rolling forward. Hooker for me yet to show he functions great with forward two handed pressure but big fav off Flanigan fight. Still though Saucedo can take comfort zones and Hooker needs his comfort zone to shine.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ramirez is frustrating. Feels like he's stagnated and Arum is playing him as some secondary. Possible Hart rematch will just bring him full circle.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ramirez is frustrating. Feels like he's stagnated and Arum is playing him as some secondary. Possible Hart rematch will just bring him full circle.
    Yea the only unification for him presently is Benavidez, and I think he's too much for Ramirez.

The Hart rematch is probably next.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for that bud. Refreshing to hear a lesser known local guy forging his own way and making a big base. More so Saucedo putting in the honest effort and knowing value rolling forward. Hooker for me yet to show he functions great with forward two handed pressure but big fav off Flanigan fight. Still though Saucedo can take comfort zones and Hooker needs his comfort zone to shine.
    Saucedo vs Hooker should be interesting. Hooker's manager used to be involved with Saucedo; he paid for him to train in McAllen with my partner for three fights in 2012. He met Hooker, as I heard it, when he sparred with Saucedo in Dallas. Those sessions didn't go so good for Hooker but Alex had more experience at the time.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saucedo vs Hooker should be interesting. Hooker's manager used to be involved with Saucedo; he paid for him to train in McAllen with my partner for three fights in 2012. He met Hooker, as I heard it, when he sparred with Saucedo in Dallas. Those sessions didn't go so good for Hooker but Alex had more experience at the time.
    Is probably a good thing for Saucedo and Hooker to stay out of the WBSS for now and fight each other. I see either getting beat by Prograis or Taylor at this stage.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information