Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Degale v Eubank Jnr

Eubank is delusional when he says he is top of the food chain and wants all the other titles. Smith would crush him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Eubank is delusional when he says he is top of the food chain and wants all the other titles. Smith would crush him.
    I agree.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale was a much better amateur than a pro. Slippery and awkward southpaw with good technical skills, but never had the power to keep guys off him .... so he got drawn into war after war, and those are career shortening.

Good career though, but time to call it a day James.

Eubank only gets these shots because of his surname. He crassly plays the media game and is taking us all for a bit of a ride. Tough kid, and durable, but achingly slow feet and can (and will) always be outboxed and outworked by elite level boxers.

There is no way that a mediocre domestic level fight, that was never going to be entertaining, should have been pay per view

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a spiteful cunt though.

So I like him.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former two-time world champion James DeGale announces his retirement

Following his points defeat to Chris Eubank Jr. last weekend, James DeGale (25-3-1, 15 KOs) has decided to hang up his gloves at 33, with his legacy including becoming the first British boxer to win both an Olympic Gold medal and a professional world title.

DeGale won his first world championship when he defeated Andre Dirrell in May 2015, before going on to defend it three times, including a majority draw against Badou Jack. The super middleweight southpaw lost and then won back his title against Caleb Truax over his next two fights.

The former British, European and two-time world champion released a lengthy statement Thursday, announcing his retirement via Twitter.

"Today marks 10 years since my professional debut fight on February 28, 2009 and today is the day I am announcing my retirement from boxing. It’s been an unbelievable journey and I’ve had an amazing decade – if I’m honest, the best years of my life – and having started boxing at the age of nine then being selected as part of the England Amateurs squad, I’ve collected many memories along the way. It is hard to admit that I’m not the fighter I once was, but I’m human and along the way, my injuries have taken a toll – both on mind and body and these things have contributed to impact my performance in the ring."

He added: "I lost the fight on Saturday at The O2, but I’m touched to have a good send off from the fans in my home city. The day after the fight, someone said to me that one fight does not determine a legacy. Looking back, if someone had told me at the start of my boxing career, when I was in the England squad, that I would become an Olympic Gold medallist, British and European champion and two-time world champion, I would never have believed them, but I did it and I’d like to think I did it the clean, honest and hard way with discipline and respect to the sport I love. I’m proud to say that I’ve made history as the first ever British Olympian boxer to turn professional and to win a world title and I am also proud to have been a road warrior – to travel wherever I needed to be to fight and to win. There's nothing left to prove."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/for...132601306.html

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me that after all this time, with countless precedents and unlimited knowledge at their disposal, there are still fighters doing things this way and putting their neck on the chopping block. That or they're lying through their back teeth. Whats equally as amazing is the teams these people have endorsing this kind of behaviour.

The Selby's are a weird pair. Neither of them seem to like boxing that much, Lee just wants to tick over quietly with his kids and dogs, Andrew with not even a dozen pro fights under his belt talks openly about not liking boxing.
    I’m in the same boat. I deal with lower level fighters(MMA and boxing) every day and you try to tell them things that will help them but “this works, I’ve done it for years” umm, just because something works doesn’t make it ideal.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale retirement messages:

George Groves: "You reached the highest level. Congratulations."

Anthony Joshua: "Congrats champion. You had a great career!"

Badou Jack: "You should be very proud."

Carl Froch: "I would have backed him up & absolutely smashed him to bits."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    DeGale retirement messages:

George Groves: "You reached the highest level. Congratulations."

Anthony Joshua: "Congrats champion. You had a great career!"

Badou Jack: "You should be very proud."

Carl Froch: "I would have backed him up & absolutely smashed him to bits."
    I genuinely thought that you had made Up the bottom line as a punchline to a joke! Then I looked on Boxing scene and saw it!
    Froch is priceless. He retired because he didn’t want GGG, DeGale or Ward and it was Chavez Jr. In Vegas or nothing! Yeah, some sort of warrior he is!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol yeah I thought that Froch line was a joke. Almost have to admire him for being so consistent at this point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd think having had some success and made a lot of money would have mellowed him but he seems determined to break his own record for making a tit of himself. What an arsehole.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMMATURE ‘Grow up… I pity you’ – George Groves hits out at Carl Froch after James DeGale retirement comments

The ‘Saint’ has delivered his verdict on his old foe’s recent interview

George Groves has responded to Carl Froch after he made headlines talking about two of his rivals’ retirements in recent weeks.

At the end of January, Groves announced that he was quitting the sport and Froch paid tribute to his former opponent, before reminding him that he was “ironed out by me at Wembley.”

A month later, James DeGale also retired and Froch gave him credit, though also insisted that if they’d ever fought, “I’d have backed him up and absolutely smashed him to bits.”

When asked about these two latest quotes, George Groves told talkSPORT.com: “I don’t understand Carl Froch.

“If he’s trying to now carve out a persona that’s to his advantage that he is just a super negative guy who’s gonna give you stick and get work off the back of it, then I sort of half respect that and appreciate that was his agenda all along.

“But if it’s not, it’s like, ‘Man grow up.’ Do you know what I mean?

“No one’s listening. If you’ve got to be that bullish to get people to listen to you and that’s your craving, then I pity you.

“You just do the obligatory, ‘Well done mate, away you go’.

“Sometimes it’s a little bit forced, sometimes it’s – not disingenuous – but I’m gonna say it because it’s nice to say and that’s part of life.

“Why not just be a nice person?”

Groves beat DeGale twice – once in the amateurs and once as a professional – but posted a respectful message in the wake of his retirement.

Froch’s own retirement came just after a time when DeGale became mandatory to face him and prompted an angry response out of the challenger who missed out on the bout.

Groves believes Froch has held onto one remark and now decided to use it against DeGale now that he’s also quit the sport.

“If you look at David Haye now, he switched a button when he retired,” Groves continued. “He became the sweetest, nicest guy.

“It’s not just for the cameras, he’s literally switched off that bullish, selfish, aggressive, fighter mentality and he’s trying to integrate himself into society.

“Carl Froch can’t do that. Whatever’s going on in his brain can’t allow him to do that.

“He had no rivalry with James DeGale… One comment Froch has hung onto that, he’s waiting until he’s retired and he’s spilled his guts.

“Grow up man, grow up.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...-james-degale/

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Degales dad nicked Frochs pushbike back in the Nottingham hood.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch just wants to look like a bad ass , he can be annoying.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch talks a lot for someone who wasn’t that good. He was a step above someone like DeGale, but was a step below the top dogs. I hated Froch at first, but then I started respecting him. I then started hating him again.

Thread Information