Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saunders vs Andrade deal done

An agreement had been reached so the order bid was called off.

Fight will be in the States.

I'm surprised Warren and Hearn managed to agree.

Another good middleweight fight for us fans.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders vs Andrade deal done

I think Saunders wins this one pretty easily. Andrade seems like he should be a lot better than he is. If he comes in 100% ready, then I think he can bother Saunders some, but I just doubt he comes in that sharp.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's an intriguing fight, but has all the markings of a potential stinker. I feel Saunders wins a clear decision, even in the US. As you say tho, if Andrade can come at his best he's a very live dog.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What British TV channel would this be on?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What British TV channel would this be on?
    I think it maybe on Sky?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky the Warren and Hearn show .😱

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is on Sky/DAZN 100%
    Hearn and Warren actually agreed terms and I read late October in Rhode Island USA.
    Andrades back yard basically.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/20180...orts-in-the-uk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not sure how Warren can call himself BJS’s promoter. That’s twice in a row he’s lost purse bids meaning that his “champ” has to go to the other side of the World to defend his title.
    Now if I was BJS, I would be thinking “my promoter isn’t backing me.” And “this proves I can earn more being with someone else.” Or am I wrong?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I’m not sure how Warren can call himself BJS’s promoter. That’s twice in a row he’s lost purse bids meaning that his “champ” has to go to the other side of the World to defend his title.
    Now if I was BJS, I would be thinking “my promoter isn’t backing me.” And “this proves I can earn more being with someone else.” Or am I wrong?
    It is called loyalty.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This didn't go to purse bids, Hearn put in a huge last minute offer that blew any potential purse bid out the water.
    Obviously used some of that $1 Billion he's got to play with.
    Just saw a YouTube video where Hearn says all the above and that Mctk mediated things.
    Saunders must be getting Shitloads for this too

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A career high payday for Saunders and by a mile according to Hearn.
    BT sports simply can't compete financially with Hearn/DAZN, Infact nobody can, the cunt can just keep throwing money at fight negotiations until he wins.
    Be interesting now to see how well DAZN does with this fight, AJ v Povetkin and the Jacobs title fight.
    Hearns got 6 world title fights split between his first 3 shows which is fucking impressive as they're top end matchup.
    Warrens gonna have to sit up at that table next to Hearn at the pressers and play second fiddle to his main rival too 👌🏼😂

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is called loyalty.
    Bollocks Mate! we'll wait and see. Remember my prediction about McGuigan and Frampton ? seriously , you've got to stop believing in things like pots of gold at the end of the rainbow and Unicorns and loyalty in boxing.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is called loyalty.
    Bollocks Mate! we'll wait and see. Remember my prediction about McGuigan and Frampton ? seriously , you've got to stop believing in things like pots of gold at the end of the rainbow and Unicorns and loyalty in boxing.
    What made you so cynical, bitter and twisted in life?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders to defend WBO middleweight title against Demetrius Andrade

WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders will defend his title against American Demetrius Andrade this autumn.

The 28-year-old British fighter's promoter Frank Warren reached an agreement with Andrade's representative Eddie Hearn for the bout on Wednesday.

Both are unbeaten and the fight could take place in October in the US, said Hearn.

"Money talks. The deal got done," said Andrade, 30. "Now it's my time to do what I've been wanting to do."

Warren and Hearn reached an agreement just before a purse bid for the fight was set to take place.

In June, Saunders pulled out of a world title bout against fellow Briton Martin Murray after injuring his hamstring.

The fight had already been postponed before that when Saunders suffered a hand injury, and Murray called the former Olympian a "hypocrite".

Saunders last title defence was in December when he outclassed David Lemieux in Canada and then demanded a unification bout with Kazakh Gennady Golovkin who holds the WBA, WBC, and IBO middleweight titles.

"Both us and him were happy with the terms and think he wins the fight whether it's here or in Andrade's back garden," wrote Warren on Twitter. "As he showed against Lemieux he's not fazed by a trip away.

"We fancy this fight big time and it's the right money so that's he's prepared to travel."

"Hopefully, we can put the fight in my hometown (of Providence, Rhode Island)," Andrade told ESPN. "When you have the financing behind you, you can make deals. This is the type of team I needed in my career. Better now than never. I put myself in a great position."

Hearn signed Andrade, a southpaw like Saunders who fought at the 2008 Olympics, two weeks ago.

He has not boxed since he moved up to middleweight and beat Alantez Fox in a one-sided decision in October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44963591

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think Saunders wins this one pretty easily. Andrade seems like he should be a lot better than he is. If he comes in 100% ready, then I think he can bother Saunders some, but I just doubt he comes in that sharp.
    Both Southpaws, interesting... neither will enjoy the advantages they normally have over ortho fighters. Hope this doesn't turn into a snoozer because everyone's being cautious.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information